KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The Trump thread: All things Donald

joan1984 · 236743

ChirpingGirl

Reply #6140 on: March 14, 2020, 05:59:56 AM
I volunteer at a food bank, and this had people absolutely terrified. Many of the people who go there can't make ends meet even with food stamps. Some work odd jobs because it's all they can get.

I'm delighted this was struck down. The food bank I volunteer at would have had to turn people away and it's always been a policy not to do that.

A Trump administration rule that would have tightened work requirements for food stamps was blocked by a federal judge on Friday, who cited the rapidly spreading coronavirus in her decision.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/487551-federal-judge-cites-coronavirus-in-decision-blocking-trump-admin-cut

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #6141 on: March 14, 2020, 11:52:25 PM
I have no idea who he voted for , Joan, and I doubt you do either.  Maybe you should ask him?

As for your characterization of former Republicans as "leftist zealots", well I think that shows only how extreme you are.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6142 on: March 15, 2020, 01:41:25 AM
Unfortunately, these supposed 'conservative Republicans' are seated on MSM opinion/news for interview/analysis, supposedly giving that view, when the view they give is a strong anti-Trump view, no matter the topic... and they are more and more endorsing Candidates who espouse what such "analysts" have preached against their entire careers. Sad to see, and altered reality.

I have no idea who he voted for , Joan, and I doubt you do either.  Maybe you should ask him?

As for your characterization of former Republicans as "leftist zealots", well I think that shows only how extreme you are.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6143 on: March 15, 2020, 03:52:37 AM
I'm sure it seems that way to you, for me it vindicates my own POV.

I share the opinion that Trump has been a disaster, especially in regards to the Corona virus. At first he tells folks that it is nothing serious and totally controlled. Next he gives a speech where he declares a travel ban with regards to Europe causing mass panic among Americans trying to get home.  Included in that speech is a mention that goods and cargo are included in the ban causing the worst drop in the stock market in many years.

I mean WTF?  Travel ban?  It's already here, a travel ban won't send it packing. Oh but Trump loves travel bans!

Then he has to walk-back his talk about goods and cargo because of the panic caused, or maybe it was a mistake because he could not read the teleprompter?

I mean geesh, the guy is his own worst enemy.

_priapism

Reply #6144 on: March 15, 2020, 04:15:14 AM

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6145 on: March 15, 2020, 08:27:05 AM
Spoken like a guy that's been ducking responsibility his whole life.

Act like a President man!  You are responsible for everything now!

Offline xXshepXx

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
Reply #6146 on: March 15, 2020, 09:03:44 AM
Act like a President man!  You are responsible for everything now!

You got it wrong. He is only responsible if anything good happens, that would "make America great again".
For everything bad that happens, it's other people/nations fault.

I'm not okay, you're not okay. But hey, that's okay

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6147 on: March 15, 2020, 08:07:55 PM
More info on the lack of testing:

Remember when Trump said he didn't want the cruise ship to dock because it would add to the numbers of Coronavirus infected?

I belive this also indicates a motive behind the lack of testing.

_priapism

Reply #6148 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:48 PM
Trump ‘offers large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

German government tries to fight off aggressive takeover bid by US, say reports

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #6149 on: March 15, 2020, 10:38:43 PM
Conservative media is still downplaying the treat following the Trumpian line.  At this time, 60% of Democrats say they are taking this seriously while only 40% of Republicans say they are.  Since many elderly tend to be conservative, this is especially lethal.

For those still saying the mainstream media is adding to the hysteria including the Surgeon General (while being eyed by Trump), at least the real media is doing their level best to provide true information on what it going on.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #6150 on: March 16, 2020, 12:20:13 AM
Makes sense to me, in that many simply do not believe mainstream media sources when they hear the remarks delivered with a snicker, snide anti Fed Govt slant. I don't think it is that they do not believe the disease is trouble, but they do not believe the HYPE nature of the "messengers" delivering the punch lines on TV News, and Cable News.

Conservative media is still downplaying the treat following the Trumpian line.  At this time, 60% of Democrats say they are taking this seriously while only 40% of Republicans say they are.  Since many elderly tend to be conservative, this is especially lethal.

For those still saying the mainstream media is adding to the hysteria including the Surgeon General (while being eyed by Trump), at least the real media is doing their level best to provide true information on what it going on.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

_priapism

Reply #6151 on: March 16, 2020, 12:23:17 AM

I’m not wishing anybody harm; however, this is going to disproportionately affect conservatives. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6152 on: March 16, 2020, 12:30:04 AM
Trump ‘offers large sums’ for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine

German government tries to fight off aggressive takeover bid by US, say reports

No one should seek "exclusive" access.  The vaccine should be accessable to everyone.  I'm glad this attempt was shut down.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6153 on: March 16, 2020, 12:35:04 AM

I’m not wishing anybody harm; however, this is going to disproportionately affect conservatives. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

I’ve been avoiding that sentiment too, but it did cross my mind as a biologist that is well read on and knows a great deal about evolution.  It’s survival of the fittest.

_priapism

Reply #6154 on: March 19, 2020, 01:09:06 AM
Market indices by length in office.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6155 on: March 19, 2020, 02:33:19 AM
Ah, but according to Trump the novel Corona Virus is all Obama's fault. 

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2956/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #6156 on: March 19, 2020, 05:20:49 AM

I’ve been avoiding that sentiment too, but it did cross my mind as a biologist that is well read on and knows a great deal about evolution.  It’s survival of the fittest.

I tried to not let this bother me when I first saw it but I can’t anymore and I’ve got enough liquid courage to say screw it.  My dad is a registered Republican.  You don’t know anything about him, but now that you know this one thing, you’re statement says you hope he catches a deadly disease.  You can say you don’t, that you began your statement with “I'm not wishing anybody harm…”  however, the word “however” negates that statement.  “I’m sorry, but…” is not a real apology it’s an excuse.  You might as well had just said, “I’m not wishing anybody harm, however I’ll be happy when you get sick.”  Simply because of a difference in views.  Like your little cartoon in the other topic, how is this different than trump?  I hate this person because he/she is a different race.  I hate her because she’s a woman.  I hate them because of their different religious belief.  I hate this person because of their different political views.  It’s just sad.

Now I’m not going to sit here and tell you what he’s been through in his life, not going to tell you what he does with his money, or the things he’s done in his community. Because you wouldn’t care, in your obvious opinion he’s an evil Republican who deserves to catch a deadly disease.  I truly wish I had never clicked these political topics, but I’m inquisitive, I like following politics, and now I’m paying for it.  They pop up on the feed at the bottom and I couldn’t help myself.  I hate that I read this, I hate that I feel I need to explain myself to you and how I’m reacting right now.  I hate that this stupid post is making me cry as hard as it is.

I’m non partisan.  I’ve voted for Democrats and Republicans. Last Democrat I voted for changed my healthcare and I lost the neurologist that I went to for years.  Last Republican I voted for lost.  You said something about me losing my va benefits and disability.  Both have actually improved for me in the past two years, HOWEVER, I don’t trust what may have happened for that increase to take place, so I donate $200 of my comp. and pen. check from the VA to veteran charities every month.  So if I choose to protest vote it’s simply that I have zero faith in either primary or their policies.  But I’m not a Dem so I guess that means I’m just as worthless and evil as my dad so if your lucky I’ll catch the virus and you’ll be spared my throw away vote. Then again I may survive, so maybe I’ll just stroll on into my closet and just fucking hang myself… that put a smile on your face?

I'm not wishing anybody harm, so be safe, take care of yourselves and each other

_priapism

Reply #6157 on: March 19, 2020, 07:45:27 AM
I think it is fair to say that everyone is under a lot of stress.  So the level of vitriol has been  exponentially increased.  Imagine the neighbors across the street have a swastika draped on their house, and an “Adolph 2020” sign on their car and in their window.  You’ve know these people for years.  Your kids played together.  Yet here it is.  Right in your face.  They support a wholly unqualified candidate who has declared war on the world order, the environment, persons of color, closed the borders, and engaged in just about every sort of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic chicanery imaginable.  The pussy grabber in chief.  Trump supporters are on the wrong side of history, but we are making the history right now.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6158 on: March 19, 2020, 04:45:04 PM
It’s a high level of frustration for me.  I’ve not been in contact yet since this started with my two uncles in their 70s, but as conservatives (even in one case extremely conservative), I worry they have been listening to Sean Hannity and Medal of Freedom recipient Rush Limbaugh telling them this is all a Democrat scam, and they are acting as if this is business as usual unnecessarily exposing themselves to a real threat, especially at their age.  I told my mom to take it seriously, at least she listens to me.

Much as I’ve been trying to avoid going out, I’ve had to pick up prescriptions twice and get my blood drawn, both happen to be in the grocery store I frequent.  I live in a conservative area.  My friends I hang out with are Republicans.  When I went to my grocery store this week (too many times), I’m appalled at the high number of elderly inside acting as if things are fine.  I envision them watching Fox and taking about the Dem virus hoax.

I’m frustrated, scared for my family, friends and yes myself, and as toe said very stressed.  I doubt there will be any accountability to those that downplayed this, but they are killing people.  That upsets me.  The numbers show who are not taking this seriously, it’s conservatives listening to our president and conservative media and the young who think they are immortal.

Shiela I assure you I don’t wish anyone any harm.  I want everyone to be safe.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:52:10 PM by Jed_ »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6159 on: March 19, 2020, 05:04:25 PM
That's a perfectly valid and specific topic to criticise Trump over. You could even single out indiviual decisions or statements that unnecessarily added to destabilisation of the economy (though I personally think now is not the time and it would be a better idea to reexamine things like that in six months or so, when the dust has hopefully settled), but blanket criticism for poor economic performance in the middle of a global crisis that no one could have predicted and can't be controlled is just petty polemical gameplaying.

So you don’t think the muddled, incompetent and incoherent response from POTUS did not impact the stock market and economy?  Certainly Republicans would be blaming POTUS if it was a Democrat.  Trump has been taking credit for the Obama recovery from 2008, so shouldn’t he also adopt ’the buck stops here’ approach and accept some blame?  Nope, he said he doesn’t accept any blame, none whatsoever.