• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1766/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
on: May 10, 2016, 08:14:54 PM
Spin off of "What made your day today?"

So, what ruined my day today?

My Kuerig broke - pump quit.  No coffee for my drive to work.
Get to work.   The Kuerig is broken - pump quit. 
WTH, is it national Kuerig break down day?

:(,
Jules

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:40:03 PM
Not today but a week ago my Capresso coffee grinder/brewer conked out with a burnt out heating element. I called customer service to learn I had two options: send it in for replacement heating element, cost $160, or send it in and get a new one for $108. They pay for shipping but I pay $22 for packing. Since then I've been making do with instant coffee. Thot I'd hate it, but it ain't so bad. Capresso was also not bad, but not terrific, questionable whether the difference is worth $130 plus the nuisance.

With all the advances being made in material science over the last few decades, seems to me it shouldn't be that hard to get a heating element more durable than two year lifetime.

What ruined my day today is my son calls to say his blood test came up anemic and borderline high cholesterol, so $430 for one prescription (fourteen day supply), $135 for other prescription (30 day supply), neither one covered by his Obamacare insurance.

I was IV'd myself with red blood cell transfusion a few years ago, covered mostly by medicare, been taking iron supplement pills (non-prescription) since then, plus watching my diet. Docs have been flailing away at me to take statins for cholesterol for years, like ten or fifteen years. My numbers are not much higher than when I was in high school, but the medical oligopoly thinks everybody should be taking statins, non-generic of course, whether they need them or not. I eat what I like, but make sure I have healthy choices. No statins, no significant movement in my cholesterol numbers.

I know it's not all Hillary's fault, but she's a proud and happy supporter of the disaster that is our healthcare system, where we spend more than any other country and get less for our money. No vote for her from me. Not that she gives a shit.

IdleBoast

Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:12 PM
My mother was hospitalised a few hours ago - complications of a badly-healed broken back.

:(

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 12:07:55 AM
Nothing.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 03:23:53 AM
Someone whom I once helped out, trying to guilt me, and leverage knowledge about me that I want kept private, into giving her money.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1615/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 03:33:46 PM
My mother was hospitalised a few hours ago - complications of a badly-healed broken back.

I hope your mother is doing better.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Dav3e

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 03:54:42 PM
Orange sherbet.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 08:30:22 PM

I hope your mother is doing better.

I agree IdleBoast.    Sorry to hear.   Hope they get her healed back up.  :(

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 08:32:04 PM
Orange sherbet.

Orange sherbet is the best.   Did you drop it in your lap or something?  How could it ruin your day.

mmmm, summer time, ice cream trucks, Push-Up Orange Sherbets.   

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 11:09:38 PM
Orange sherbet.

Orange sherbet is the best.   Did you drop it in your lap or something?  How could it ruin your day.

Pistachio is Better..
Especially on a hot summer day.
Get a tall glass and put in ice cream then pour orange juice over it..
 :D
And no that didn't ruin my day.

Love,
Liz

Dav3e

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:56 AM
Orange sherbet.

Orange happens to be my favorite sherbet. I was tasked with the procurement of said sherbet at round3:30 am. Mid cleaning the apartment, covered in dish water. My partner complained enough to make me drop what I was doing. No socks clean because that load was still going( I dispose wearing shoes with no socks), couldn't find my keys so I had to use the space, and the first 2 places I went were out. The third just doesn't sell sherbet at all. Then before I can get to the fourth place she calls while I'm driving and process to chew me out about the dishes soaking in the sink and how that's the sink she washes her hands over. I tell her I'm driving and talking on the phone is unsafe. To which she responded by changing the thing she chewed me out about to why it was taking so long to get sherbet when SHE could almost piss on the back of a grocery store. Before I could respond I was pulled over. It's not a ticketable offense here to talk on the phone while driving only text but it was obvious this was why he stopped me. 45 minutes later I'm back to my sherbet hunt and at this point I'm so put off of the idea sherbet even exists. I get the cursed tub of what at this point is practically the bane of my existence to the front of the store where a man with an overflowing cart whips in front of me like someone stealing your parking space. He then has the fucking audacity to say "I win". At which point I force myself to operate under the assumption he's mentally deficient in hopes of resisting the urge to use half the items in his cart to give him the world's most varied enema. 23 minutes in Que and a half melted tub of sherbet later I  step up to the cashier who promptly say " ugh, how do you eat this stuff?" After paying $6.87 for fucking sherbet, I walk to my car which didn't start. Battery's flat. A truck drives up close to reveal the "winner" from inside who says "Battery Dead? That sucks." Then actually proceeds to drive away! So call my friend to give me a jump, explain what's happened while the leads do their thing. He laughed, which I fully expected because though he's a trusted friend he is an asshole.  In response I offered him some sherbet juice and told him to go fuck his mother. Then thanked him for getting out at such an hour and we went our ways. Got home put the "sherbet" in the freezer and promptly got yelled at again. After which I went back to cleaning and laundry for the next 3 hours.

I am glad the cop didn't choose to ticket me for any of the non Street legal bits on my car.

Also, I know my sherbet thing is nothing in comparison to having a loved one in hospital and hope everything goes well.

But yeah,  orange sherbet.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 02:19:33 AM
Orange happens to be my favorite sherbet. I was tasked with the procurement of said sherbet at round3:30 am. Mid cleaning the apartment, covered in dish water. My partner complained enough to make me drop what I was doing. No socks clean because that load was still going( I dispose wearing shoes with no socks), couldn't find my keys so I had to use the space, and the first 2 places I went were out. The third just doesn't sell sherbet at all. Then before I can get to the fourth place she calls while I'm driving and process to chew me out about the dishes soaking in the sink and how that's the sink she washes her hands over. I tell her I'm driving and talking on the phone is unsafe. To which she responded by changing the thing she chewed me out about to why it was taking so long to get sherbet when SHE could almost piss on the back of a grocery store. Before I could respond I was pulled over. It's not a ticketable offense here to talk on the phone while driving only text but it was obvious this was why he stopped me. 45 minutes later I'm back to my sherbet hunt and at this point I'm so put off of the idea sherbet even exists. I get the cursed tub of what at this point is practically the bane of my existence to the front of the store where a man with an overflowing cart whips in front of me like someone stealing your parking space. He then has the fucking audacity to say "I win". At which point I force myself to operate under the assumption he's mentally deficient in hopes of resisting the urge to use half the items in his cart to give him the world's most varied enema. 23 minutes in Que and a half melted tub of sherbet later I  step up to the cashier who promptly say " ugh, how do you eat this stuff?" After paying $6.87 for fucking sherbet, I walk to my car which didn't start. Battery's flat. A truck drives up close to reveal the "winner" from inside who says "Battery Dead? That sucks." Then actually proceeds to drive away! So call my friend to give me a jump, explain what's happened while the leads do their thing. He laughed, which I fully expected because though he's a trusted friend he is an asshole.  In response I offered him some sherbet juice and told him to go fuck his mother. Then thanked him for getting out at such an hour and we went our ways. Got home put the "sherbet" in the freezer and promptly got yelled at again. After which I went back to cleaning and laundry for the next 3 hours.

I am glad the cop didn't choose to ticket me for any of the non Street legal bits on my car.

Also, I know my sherbet thing is nothing in comparison to having a loved one in hospital and hope everything goes well.

But yeah,  orange sherbet.

:emot_weird:   *speechless*

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Dav3e

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 03:59:41 AM

:emot_weird:   *speechless*

I KNOW RIGHT!

I had to go get more today because that one was "too icey". My response was "use the blender and pretend it's sorbet." This was not received well.

This is how I know I love her because anyone else would have died in their sleep.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 11:24:12 AM
I agree, Toe. Dave wins "What RUINED Your Day Today" STORY OF THE WEEK. Let's see if he can win for the month of May.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 04:03:14 PM
Dear Dave........

I know a Good Divorce Lawyer (Look a couple post above this one).

Love,
Liz

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 04:11:12 PM

I know a Good Divorce Lawyer (Look a couple post above this one).

No, no, no.

He loves her.  She loves him.   She just wanted a little sherbet.    He's a good guy going through all that for her.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 06:21:35 PM
I don't think he actually said he was married to her though...

Dav3e

Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 09:06:30 AM
 ;D well spotted. (This should go in the 3 things thread) We aren't married. We've been together for around 8 years. I might say gf here or there but I prefer partner as we aren't actually ingaged and the word fiance has always left a bad taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:08:12 AM by Dav3e »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 03:04:40 AM
Me: I don't wanna have date night tonight, I want to stay home with the new baby and the kids and order pizza.

My wife: fine, but we're watching star wars.

Me: You win, let' go out.

My wife: I'm kidding. We'll watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

Me: Nooooooooooo.... oh! Ok!

Disaster narrowly averted.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 07:18:46 AM
Wait. Do you actually LIKE Batman, Chirp?