MintJulie · 106668

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1766/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:55:28 PM

Today I learned that 50% of vasectomies done each year are done in March.

On the car ride back from lunch, the radio was on.   A news station.   It was a medical segment.    The topic was vasectomies.    I was half listening, but to wrap up the report, I heard the reporter finish with....  

"....50% of the vasectomies performed throughout the year are done in March.   The majority of those in early March.   Why?    So that patients can recuperate at home while enjoying March Madness, the NCAA basketball tournament."

Sure, a wedding, a holiday, or a trip coming up I might plan a medical procedure around it.   But a basketball tournament?!?  :roll:

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 09:01:17 PM
GGGGrrrrrrrrr............
Okay, what I learned today.......................
"I HAVE GRAY HAIR"........Crap, I'm not suppose to have gray hair..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And friend of mine AND my mother both pointed it out to me......!!!! .....WTH.....Thank You Very Much. My Dad bless his heart was a little more (or less) subtle when he said "have you looked in the mirror recently"......Like I needed to hear that........"Of course I look in the mirror, at least once a year"!!!!!
OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 09:41:50 PM
We love you any way, Liz.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:58 PM
"I HAVE GRAY HAIR"........Crap, I'm not suppose to have gray hair..!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And friend of mine AND my mother both pointed it out to me......!!!! .....WTH.....Thank You Very Much. My Dad bless his heart was a little more (or less) subtle when he said "have you looked in the mirror recently"......Like I needed to hear that........"Of course I look in the mirror, at least once a year"!!!!!
OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz

hahaha

I spotted my first gray hair at 22.

Correction:   It wasn't gray, it was white as snow.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

KitKat

Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 11:30:18 PM
Society has trained us to believe that grey/white hair is a bad thing. They want you to rush right out and buy some hair dye when actually grey and white hair is special. It's your crown of achievement. You are lucky that you made it this far in your life. People who have been taken out of this life earlier than they should have would give anything to grow old. The ability to look back on their life and every struggle they were able to overcome and every celebration they were lucky enough to be a part of. But not everyone is blessed with a long life and is given the ability to reflect on their life because some are taken away too soon and too quickly. The gray hair is a badge of honor that not everyone gets to wear. I personally look forward to looking like this.

GREY IS BEAUTIFUL
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:35:11 PM by KitKat »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 02:09:18 AM
I learned my daughter thinks I'm the most immature person she knows, but she loves that about me.  :facepalm:

Baby girl seems to forget mommy not only pays for everything she has, but owns everything she has.  :D

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1615/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 06:51:02 PM
OMG......!!!!!

Love,
Liz

You should have been born a blonde, Liz.  We somehow are lucky and don't get any gray hairs.  Now giving others gray hairs is another story.  ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

KitKat

Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 06:52:25 PM
I learned my daughter thinks I'm the most immature person she knows, but she loves that about me.  :facepalm:

Baby girl seems to forget mommy not only pays for everything she has, but owns everything she has.  :D

You immature? No way. ;)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 07:29:08 PM
 :D

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 04:09:13 AM
I learned that Matt Dumba of the Minnesota Wild is the first player of Filipino descent in the NHL.

That is all.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 10:40:34 PM
New word I noticed in a post:   Doxxed or Dox     

:),
Jules

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1615/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 04:04:31 PM
Since today is the birthdate of Abraham Lincoln I found out a few things that I did not know about him, courtesy of the Parade Magazine:

He was a licensed bartender

He was a wrestler who lost only one of 300 matches.  He was posthumously honored in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame

He hated the nickname "Abe"

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 04:16:13 PM
I learned my father isn't leaving anything in his will to me or my children.

And I couldn't care less. If he dropped dead right now I wouldn't stop sipping my cocoa to pretend I gave a shit.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 11:28:20 PM

Since today is the birthdate of Abraham Lincoln I found out a few things that I did not know about him, courtesy of the Parade Magazine:

He was a licensed bartender

He was a wrestler who lost only one of 300 matches.  He was posthumously honored in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame

He hated the nickname "Abe"

And a Happy Lincoln's Birthday to you, too!

Not only did Lincoln hate the nickname Abe, he never really liked the name Abraham. He and his wife referred to each other as "mother" and "father" (or, when others were around, "Mr. Lincoln and Mrs. Lincoln"), and his signature was always "A. Lincoln."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 05:26:30 PM
After years of knowing the word and it's general meaning, I finally took the time to find out what exactly nilas ice is. It is that "solid" sheet of ice that moves with the waves. It is usually between 6 and 9 inches thick. The next step in sea ice formation is young ice which is thicker.

That is all.

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +535/-8
Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 04:33:14 PM
I learned a new term ... to ghost.

KitKat

Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:12 PM
Walmart employees are not very helpful.  :roll:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 10:19:24 PM
Walmart employees are not very helpful.  :roll:

No shit.  :D

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #38 on: February 17, 2017, 03:57:31 AM

I was talking with my friend today.    She knows I'm not a fan of her swearing (especially in the house when around my niece) and she's toned it back quite a bit.

So she's telling me a story about a woman she dealt with at work and said, "So she's being a See You Next Tuesday and I say..."    

And I interrupt her and asked, "What?"

She answers, "You don't know what 'see you next Tuesday' means?"

I shook my head and she explained it.  

If you don't know what it means, view the urban dictionary definition.

That's what I learned today.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #39 on: February 17, 2017, 04:02:42 AM

I was talking with my friend today.    She knows I'm not a fan of her swearing (especially in the house when around my niece) and she's toned it back quite a bit.

So she's telling me a story about a woman she dealt with at work and said, "So she's being a See You Next Tuesday and I say..."    

And I interrupt her and asked, "What?"

She answers, "You don't know what 'see you next Tuesday' means?"

I shook my head and she explained it.  

If you don't know what it means, view the urban dictionary definition.

That's what I learned today.

We all know, and so does my family, I have a serious potty mouth. Why just today I said holy fucking fuckety fuck.  ;D

But never around my kids.

Next time my wife gets all pissy I'll say See You Next Tuesday.  ;D