News:

Glenn Beck - still stupid - yessiree!

Lois · 1608

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
on: February 05, 2010, 06:53:16 PM
Yesterday Glenn Beck showed that he's a idiot once again with the following racialy charged rant:

He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not with America -- you don't take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Is -- really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.

So WTF?  What is an American name when we are a nation of immigrants?  Beck is upset that Obama chose to use his birth name?  I use mine, and presumably Beck uses his, so what is the problem?

What Beck is really objecting to is Obama's "not-white otherness", and he is trying to whip up racist sentiments and resentments.  Guess what Beck! This is America.  If you want a race war go to the former Yugoslavia: Kosovo, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.  Guess what, it's not pretty there is it?  

If that is what Beck manages to whip up here in the USA, do you think he'll take responsibility for it?  I doubt it.  He's just another idiot seeking to reap profits from shock-jockism, consequences for others be damned.

Obama was quoted by Newsweek:
It was not some assertion of my African roots ... not a racial assertion. It was much more of an assertion that I was coming of age. An assertion of being comfortable with the fact that I was different and that I didn't need to try to fit in in a certain way.

Bravo Mr. Obama.  We are all individuals.  When you take your birth name you are also honoring both your Mother and your Father.  Isnt this an American value?

It's time to send Glenn Beck a clear message. Tell him:

My name is (your name here), and I am an American. So fuck you!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:56:03 PM by Emily »

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1620/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:21:16 PM
Must have been a slow period for Beck, so he did what other of his ilk do - bring up the race issue.  This guarantees him a few days of nonstop call ins from people similar to his ways of thinking.  Sad that with over 10% unemployment in this country, these purveyors of hate manage to keep their jobs and be paid exorbitantly for it. But stupid he isn't. He is very calculating in what he says and does.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:45:40 PM
My last name is German... does that make me a Nazi?  :hitler:

Would Glenn be happier if Barack had changed his name to Billy Joe Bob Sheepfucker so that it was more American?  Somehow I think Glenn would have given him shit either way.  Yep, slow news week so he's descending to childish rants about someone's birth name.  I didn't choose mine, and I'm pretty sure that Barack was a bit too young to have had any control over HIS.

Glenn's just one of the TV pricks that like to stir up controversy to get ratings.  Frankly, he'd get more viewers if he had some lesbians on the show...

------------------------------------

Howard Stern to Jay Leno a bunch of years ago: "Lesbians, Jay, you gotta have more lesbians on your show.  EVERYONE loves lesbians!"  :emot_kiss: 

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline maidboy

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +18/-4
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
If Obama had chosen to continue using his nickname of "Barry" no doubt
Mr. Beck would accuse him of trying to conceal his "Islamic heritage" for
nefarious political purposes.  This guy's a hate-mongering tool.

"I'm perfectly sane and I have the papers to prove it."  --Jimmy Piersall

Offline EgeBamyasi

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +12/-0
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 07:51:17 PM
This coming from a guy who spells his name with 2 n's while almost everyone else spells it Glen. What does this say about his true intentions? I say this is jest, but it's sad when he brings this up as newsworthy. It also indicates how behind the times Conservative White America is. This is a nation of immigrants from all over the world so no one has the right to say my name is more American than your's.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:52:54 PM by EgeBamyasi »

I'm here to meet like minded people and talk about all the wonderful naughty and fun things we can think of. Come say hi. I am very open to talk about anything.

Offline Kopmatt09

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +15/-9
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22:32 PM
Oh god I wish I could just punch Glenn Beck in the face. It would certainly make life so much better.

Can't wait for Melissa to try to defend him either :)

Offline ebilbob

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +67/-27
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 09:24:14 PM
If FoxNews would have found it's formula of disguising nutbaggery and extremism as journalism in the 9=80s, Morton Downey Jr would be their biggest ratings draw instead of BillO.

Glenn Beck is a side show freak pandering to a bunch of idiots that will give literally anything to have their backward opinions shouted back at them as truth.

Who knew that particular niche market was so big?

Melissa

Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 09:25:13 PM
First, I have to wonder how frequently Emily watches Glen Beck or what she truly knows about him and his personal life.  Was that a one-time event of watching his show or does she watch regularly?  Or, did she even watch at all?  Is her information from some leftist web site citing Beck?  I did notice no references were provided.  No link to a source for the quote, nothing.  But, quotes are supposedly word for word without error.  That's quite a statement to be quoted for it to not have been copied from another source.  This alone makes me suspicious of the source.  In fact, I'm betting she got it from Media Matters or as I usually think of them, Media Myrmidons. 

From Media Matters web site:
Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time

Media Matters has been around only since 2004.  Want an opposing view?  Visit www.mrc.org which has been around since 1987.  I'm betting Emily isn't broadminded enough to consider alternate views.

And to be fair, a quote from Media Research Council:
The mission of the Media Research Center, "America's Media Watchdog," is to bring balance to the news media. Leaders of America's conservative movement have long believed that within the national news media a strident liberal bias existed that influenced the public's understanding of critical issues.

One could reasonably believe there is a difference between the intended meaning of the phrases of "conservative misinformation" and "liberal bias."

However, if one did watch Glen Beck regularly, they would find he's not the right-wing radical he's portrayed as by others.  He's a constitutionalist who strongly believes in a government run as the Framer's intended.  So do I.  Our government is far from this and Beck does an excellent job at pointing to the examples on a daily basis.

Now, as far as names...  I'll let you read the two articles I did find.  While you may claim they are bullshit, I'll state there is so much truth to them, it's actually very sad.  Keep in mind, I'm in a business that nearly has to treat employees as a commodity as much as it does the products it sells.  That's not what I nor my management wants but it's the reality of the situation because of the options in the hiring pool we get to choose from.

Stuff Black People Hate

At a Kenneth Cole in Bethesda a few months back, I had the pleasure of meeting a very attractive young black woman working the sales floor. Very tall, very well-built, assertive yet soft-spoken, and ambitious enough to be pursuing an advanced degree without being a dick about it. I was damn near ready to marry this girl on the spot.

Then she told me her name. “La La.”

The comments alone make it worth the read.

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

Personally, I can't stand the so-called "African-American" names.  Some are pathetic as is possible.  The comments in the first post point this out.  Secondly, if we are a melting pot of immigrants, why must there be an identity of each segment?  I'm simply an American.  If I had been forced to identify, I would end up writing, "Native(Black Foot Indian)-Irish-German-Heinz57-American."  It get's ridiculous.  Where does it end?  If I have two employees with the same name and one is white while the other is black, I'll say "black."  I'm not going to say "African-American."  I'll leave that non-sense to the HR people at my company.

As for Obama's own words:
It was not some assertion of my African roots ... not a racial assertion. It was much more of an assertion that I was coming of age. An assertion of being comfortable with the fact that I was different and that I didn't need to try to fit in in a certain way.

So, he was trying to fit in.  Then, he changed again because it would appeal to those who got him into office... who would not have otherwise voted.  And, will likely never vote again.  That, I'm very thankful of.  There are far too many stupid people with the power of their vote.

Emily, try adding references to your information.  Quote the source. 

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 01:29:10 AM
The info on Beck was not from Media Matters chica, it was from the Southern Poverty Law Center.  I reviewed waht was said in the e-mail alert, then confirmed it with several other news sources, and wrote my rant.

Anf your reply above just shows again what a racist sack-of-shit you are.  Making politics out of someone's birth name, shame shame!

If your name is Melissa, how would you feel if people made fun of your name and called you Messy?  I can't beleive you are defending Beck for his childish name-calling and hate mongering. 

Melissa

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:54:41 AM
Then your buddies at the very liberal Southern Poverty Law Center are getting their information from Media Matters.  

The page has been changed from last week but much of it is still there:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201002040028

And, I made my case on the name issue.  Parents are naming kids without considering their future.  Obama changed only as it benefited him.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 07:34:31 PM
And, I made my case on the name issue.  Parents are naming kids without considering their future.  Obama changed only as it benefited him.

The only case you proved is that you are racist whore.

LOL!  And parents are supposed to name their kids worrying about what other children might think?  Your parents must have been drunk when they named you then, hey Messy?

Obama took his birth name to honor his parents and because he embraced what it is to be an American, and not worry about what others think.  You are just pissed he didn't try to conform with your notion of America, where everyone is lily white with blue eyes.

We are a nation of immigrants Melissa.  Even Native American/Indians first came from Asia.  Accordingly, as Americans we embrace everyone's heritage and positive contributions.

Obama grew up Melissa, why don't you?

Melissa

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:32 PM

The only case you proved is that you are racist whore.

LOL!  And parents are supposed to name their kids worrying about what other children might think?  Your parents must have been drunk when they named you then, hey Messy?

Obama took his birth name to honor his parents and because he embraced what it is to be an American, and not worry about what others think.  You are just pissed he didn't try to conform with your notion of America, where everyone is lily white with blue eyes.

We are a nation of immigrants Melissa.  Even Native American/Indians first came from Asia.  Accordingly, as Americans we embrace everyone's heritage and positive contributions.

Obama grew up Melissa, why don't you?

First, I would suggest you learn the difference between racist and bigot.  Either way, I am neither.

I have no problem with one embracing their heritage.  I am opposed to manipulating the facts so they best fit your agenda.

As for my version of America, you've not paid attention some I've suggested for office.  Many are black.

As for Obama's name, read this...

How Barry Became Barack Obama

Offline Kopmatt09

• Degenerate
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 10:27:59 PM
First, I would suggest you learn the difference between racist and bigot.  Either way, I am neither.

Are you sure about that? How about we do a quick search for the word bigot? Here's a recent quote from you:

I'm not a racist.  I'm a bigot.

There are several more to find. God Melissa, I think I am in actual love with you. You make it so so easy to pick holes in your arguments. You've contradicted yourself within the space of two weeks, I love it! You don't even know what you are, and yet you expect us to take you seriously!! How the hell you ever got a job I'll never know!

Let me correct you Melissa, you are a racist! You're criticising a man because he has an un-American name. What the fuck does someone's name. Let's add some evidence to this shall we:

Personally, I can't stand the so-called "African-American" names.

What is it they say in your cheesy American court-room drama's? 'Case closed your honour.'

Melissa

Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:19:06 PM
I was being sarcastic, Koppy.  Or, does that concept elude you?

I've never belittled Obama for his name.   Not once.  I simply said I think he played the game of changing what he would use for a name as it began to benefit him.  If you read the article I linked, he started this early on.  Even his father did so.

Earlier, I posted how parents give children these African-sounding names thinking they are for the good of their heritage.  This is far from what what results.  Research has shown those who grow up with such names are looked at with less consideration on resumes and job applications.  I've never personally done this but I know managers who have.

The research also showed such names would indicate the person was less educated, of lower intelligence and less accomplished.  That's not always the case but it's often true enough.  And no, I really cannot stand those names.  Too many times, they are difficult to pronounce from the spelling.  And, you would not believe the number of times such names would be outright ridiculous.

I cannot recall what university did this research.  I first read about it about three years ago.  I want to say Stamford but I cannot be certain.

Offline Kopmatt09

• Degenerate
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:25:25 PM
So what Melissa, it's a name? And why are you singling our African American names? If I were to say I didn't like Jewish names, I can imagine I would be legitimately accused of being racist towards Jews.

Oh, and Melissa, I've noticed there is a pattern in your petty name calling. In another thread, where you wanted to make a serious point, you called me Matt. But when I deliberately challenge you for what you are, you call me 'Koppy'. You're nothing but a small child who can't take debate or criticism. You can't help yourself to resort to name-calling. Grow up.

Melissa

Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:24 PM
So what Melissa, it's a name? And why are you singling our African American names? If I were to say I didn't like Jewish names, I can imagine I would be legitimately accused of being racist towards Jews.

Oh, and Melissa, I've noticed there is a pattern in your petty name calling. In another thread, where you wanted to make a serious point, you called me Matt. But when I deliberately challenge you for what you are, you call me 'Koppy'. You're nothing but a small child who can't take debate or criticism. You can't help yourself to resort to name-calling. Grow up.

Nope, there's no trend.  It's simply whatever I type at the moment.  I've considered renaming a few of you "Wacky Liberal Male 1" and so on.  But, I'd have to keep a list of which one is which.  I have enough trouble with a hundred employees, all with distinctive names.  Well, I think there are a couple John's and three David's.  The rest, much easier to follow.

As for names of black babies, I thought this was great....

Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names

“I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their children,” said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his decision. “Someone had to put a stop to it.”

The rule applies to all black women, but Cabrera singled out impoverished mothers.
“They are the worst perpetrators,” he said. “They put in apostrophes where none are needed. They think a ‘Q’ is a must. There was a time when Shaniqua and Tawanda were names you dreaded. Now, if you’re a black girl, you hope you get a name as sensible as one of those.”

Few stepped forward to defend black women—and black women themselves seemed relieved.

“It’s so hard to keep coming up with something unique,” said Uneeqqi Jenkins, 22, an African-American mother of seven who survives on public assistance. Her children are named Daryl, Q’Antity, Uhlleejsha, Cray-Ig, Fellisittee, Tay’Sh’awn and Day’Shawndra.

At least Daryl got a break!

While the above was actually satire, here is an actual list of girl's African names:

http://www.babynames.org.uk/african-american-girl-baby-names.htm

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 08:09:45 AM
And what is wrong with parents wanting to give their children unique names?  I see it as a sign of a truely proud parent.  They are saying "SEE MY CHILD! THIS CHILD IS UNIQUE.  A ONE-OF-A-KIND CREATION!"

Only Melissa would view such pride and love in a parents naming of their child as a negative thing.

Such naming used to be much more common in America.  We used to have Ada, Arabella, Armina, Armitta, Belva, Beulah, Carletta, Mina, Vada, Willa, etc., now everyone is named John, Steve and Sue.  How boring.

Melissa

Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 11:15:58 AM
Believe what you want.  The proof in the research has shown those with such names will not be looked at as favorable candidates.  I've dealt with hiring others for four years for myself and in watching other managers.  Less is expected and more often than not, the expectations are fulfilled.