KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Party of hate?

Gina Marie · 60255

_priapism

Reply #820 on: February 28, 2020, 02:54:49 AM
FOUR MALE LAWMAKERS (3 REPUBLICANS, ONE REPUBLICAN WHO RECENTLY DECLARED HIMSELF AN INDEPENDENT) VOTE AGAINST HOUSE BILL TO MAKE LYNCHING A FEDERAL HATE CRIME

The line in the story that caught my eye: "Republicans accused the legislation of being an overreach by the federal government and encroaching on states' rights."

I then noted that the three GOP lawmakers who opposed the bill are all from the South.

That's not a coincidence...

It’s not a coincidence. The southern lawmakers are the great grandchildren of slaveowning plantation profiteers, who wanted to have “states rights“ to decide if it was appropriate to own another human being and force them into slavery. The same people who said that poll taxes were OK. Or segregated seating on a bus. Or whites only water fountains.

Joan will argue that these things were done by Democrats. But that’s a complete bullshit argument. The right wing fascists, bigoted racist sexist homophobic elements, in the South are all deep in the red state. And they show their true colors. And at least 40% of the population has no problem with that. About the same percentage that supported Hitler in Germany.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #821 on: June 03, 2020, 04:17:54 PM
Poor Stevie was voted out of office, but I’m sure he can replace his title of Congressman/Representative with some other title, like Grand Wizard.

_priapism

Reply #822 on: June 14, 2020, 12:10:32 AM

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #823 on: June 14, 2020, 01:05:21 AM
  "...Joan will argue that these things were done by Democrats. But that’s a complete bullshit argument..."

Were the persons not elected Democrats? Would you like the list of names?

The President who took the United States to war, in our Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, was/is a Republican.

The persons, all elected Democrats, who supported and defended the KuKluxKlan were Democrats, not Republicans, and the persons who created
the JimCrow Era, post Civil War, were:  wait for it:   Elected Democrats.

Please advise if you have some historical record that they were not Democrats.

Democrats held a Convention in New York City I believe, attended by KKK delegates in their pointed head white and other color KKK robes!

Is this Not True?  Of course it is true.

It is inconvenient for current Democrats to admit their own Partys' history,
and tearing down all the statues Democrats voted to erect, will not erase your
Partys' history.

As AlGore may say: It is a inconvenient fact.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #824 on: June 17, 2020, 12:11:32 AM
Things have changed since those things happened,  Joan, haven't you heard? The GOP is doing all those things now.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3091/-41
Reply #825 on: June 17, 2020, 01:03:40 AM

Democrats held a Convention in New York City I believe, attended by KKK delegates in their pointed head white and other color KKK robes!

Is this Not True?  Of course it is true.

Not really.

It was a longstanding myth that the 1924 Democratic National Convention, held at New York City's Madison Square Garden, was packed with Klansmen dressed in full regalia.

In fact, the myth was so prevalent that Wikipedia included it in it's article on the 1924 Democratic Convention -- for over 12 years.

The myth stems from a single line in a NY Daily News reporter's article about the convention. In response to claims that the convention was packed with Klan representatives, he satirically joked about seeing Klansmen everywhere. About 80 years that crack was take out of context, and taken as the truth.

I mean, I don't see a lot of hoods and white robes here, do you?

Meanwhile, Klansmen were present at the 1924 Republican National Convention, held about a month previous.

Inconvenient truths, indeed!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

_priapism

Reply #826 on: June 17, 2020, 01:11:16 AM
The fucking GOP votes for it, endorses it, enforces it, perpetuates it, makes it part of the party platform, waves the fascist flags, waves the Confederate flags, defends Confederate monuments. And then they run and say “but it was all the 19th Century Democrats.” What a bunch of small cock shit eating cowards... I’m so sick to death of their cowardice. Own it. Eat it. Put it on your bumper stickers. You’re doing it anyway. Today’s Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with that, and haven’t since about 1965.  

Fuck the fascists.  And fuck Donald Trump.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:04:30 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #827 on: June 19, 2020, 09:46:44 PM
Be careful with that anti-fascist talk Toe, Trump will label you antifa and a terrorist. 

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1848/-28
Reply #828 on: June 20, 2020, 01:03:48 AM
Be careful with that anti-fascist talk Toe, Trump will label you antifa and a terrorist. 

Is he old enough?

one of the originals

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #829 on: July 22, 2020, 02:25:43 AM
The link between poverty and crime is well documented. That does not mean all poor people are ciminals, but it does explain the frustration (and sometimes hunger & basic needs) that lead to crime.  I suspect this old geezer's primary motivation was his own bigotry.

Crazed Republican Congressman Accosts AOC on Her Way to Work

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was ascending the steps of the Capitol for a vote on Monday night when she was personally accosted by a Republican colleague. Representative Ted Yoho of Florida approached Ocasio-Cortez on the steps with aggressive, insulting comments about some remarks she made earlier this month connecting poverty and crime, according to the Hill.

Yoho allegedly told Ocasio-Cortez, “You are out of your freaking mind,” and that she was “disgusting.” Ocasio-Cortez responded that Yoho was being “rude” before continuing up the steps. As Yoho was making his way down, he allegedly said “fucking bitch” as they parted ways. The exchange was overheard by a reporter.

Yoho was apparently incensed about statements Ocasio-Cortez recently made during a virtual town hall with the mothers of Ramarley Graham and Eric Garner about a recent spike in crime in New York City amid the coronavirus, in which she argued that unemployment and poverty were partly to blame, and more policing was not the answer. Fox News and other conservative outlets have seized upon the remarks, claiming that Ocasio-Cortez was making excuses for violent crime.

Another of Ocasio-Cortez’s colleagues was present for the altercation: Representative Roger Williams of Texas. He told the Hill that he had not overheard the exchange. “I was actually thinking, as I was walking down the stairs, I was thinking about some issues I’ve got in my district that need to get done.” He claimed ignorance of what Yoho and Ocasio-Cortez had said. “I don’t know what their topic was,” he claimed. “There’s always a topic, isn’t there?”

But in a tweet on Tuesday morning, Ocasio-Cortez accused Williams of having “blatantly lied.” “You were yelling at me too,” she wrote, “about ‘throwing urine.’”

Ocasio-Cortez is used to confrontation on the floor of the House, in the form of heated exchanges over legislation, and in hearings, where she is known for intense, pointed questioning. But “that kind of confrontation hasn’t ever happened to me — ever,” she told the Hill. “I’ve never had that kind of abrupt, disgusting kind of disrespect levied at me … In all these intense news cycles, I have never, ever been treated that way by another member before. I’m frankly quite taken aback.”

In her tweet about Yoho, she wrote, “I never spoke to Rep. Yoho before he decided to accost me on the steps of the nation’s Capitol yesterday. Believe it or not, I usually get along fine w/ my GOP colleagues. We know how to check our legislative sparring at the committee door.”

“But hey,” she added, “‘b*tches’ get stuff done.”

Yoho has served in Congress since 2013 and is not seeking reelection in 2020. He is a member of the Tea Party Caucus, voted against making lynching a federal hate crime, and is anti-choice. When asked about the incident, Yoho told the Hill, “No comment.”

https://www.thecut.com/2020/07/aoc-accosted-by-rep-ted-yoho-on-the-steps-of-the-capitol.html

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-22
Reply #830 on: July 22, 2020, 03:22:15 AM
Haha right, and no one on the left has ever done such things to anyone on the right. For fucks sakes dimwit...

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #831 on: August 01, 2020, 03:16:17 PM

_priapism

Reply #832 on: August 01, 2020, 07:04:49 PM
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article244631817.html

I smell the stench of Stephen Miller.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.” — Emma Lazarus

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #833 on: August 09, 2020, 02:07:51 AM
Jerry Falwell Jr. unwaveringly supports a racist, misogynist, incompetent, sociopathic, crooked, corrupt and thoroughly dishonest president and receives enthusiastic support from conservatives.  Yet when he shares a cheeky totally harmless photo of unzipped pants that actually show nothing, they completely lose their shit?  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

_priapism

Reply #834 on: August 09, 2020, 02:12:22 AM
Jerry Falwell Jr. unwaveringly supports a racist, misogynist, incompetent, sociopathic, crooked, corrupt and thoroughly dishonest president and receives enthusiastic support from conservatives.  Yet when he shares a cheeky totally harmless photo of unzipped pants that actually show nothing, they completely lose their shit?  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

The Liberty University board has stripped him of his title.  This is the same idiot who ordered students back to campus after spring break when the pandemic was ramping up.

Jerry Falwell Jr. On 'Indefinite Leave' From Liberty University After Racy Photo

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #835 on: August 14, 2020, 05:17:27 PM

What a great sign, wish I could woo her.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1620/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #836 on: August 14, 2020, 06:57:49 PM

What a great sign, wish I could woo her.

Isn't that the Republican Party mantra?  ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #837 on: August 15, 2020, 07:31:16 PM
And isn't Trump the "Chosen One?"

_priapism

Reply #838 on: August 15, 2020, 07:58:54 PM

I think the religious right believe Trump is going to usher in the 7 Year Tribulation, and the “rapture” of Christians, living and dead, to the heavens.  That is why they are thrilled by global warming, war, famine, pestilence, earthquakes, etc.   They all believe Jesus is going to return to the earth in their lifetimes.  The big Covid-19 numbers fit the script.

I know any sane human being would protest “there’s no way they really believe that.” Trust me, they do. I know these people, I’ve gone to church with them, I’ve heard them talk about it. They will they believe that the clouds will part, an army of angels will descend from the sky, and Jesus will establish a 1000 year reign on the planet earth. This isn’t a fairytale to them. This is an actual fact. And they have high political positions now... Pence, Cruz, Rubio, and Gingrich, Huckabee, David Barton, the Freedom Caucus, Family First, even the National Prayer Breakfast...

These 20,000 or so extremists are actually pushing the world towards a nuclear option, because they think they’re helping Jesus come back.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3091/-41
Reply #839 on: August 15, 2020, 08:18:28 PM

I think the religious right believe Trump is going to usher in the 7 Year Tribulation, and the “rapture” of Christians, living and dead, to the heavens.  That is why they are thrilled by global warming, war, famine, pestilence, earthquakes, etc.   They all believe Jesus is going to return to the earth in their lifetimes.  The big Covid-19 numbers fit the script.

I know any sane human being would protest “there’s no way they really believe that.” Trust me, they do. I know these people, I’ve gone to church with them, I’ve heard them talk about it. They will they believe that the clouds will part, an army of angels will descend from the sky, and Jesus will establish a 1000 year reign on the planet earth. This isn’t a fairytale to them. This is an actual fact. And they have high political positions now... Pence, Cruz, Rubio, and Gingrich, Huckabee, David Barton, the Freedom Caucus, Family First, even the National Prayer Breakfast...

These 20,000 or so extremists are actually pushing the world towards a nuclear option, because they think they’re helping Jesus come back.

I don't disagree with anything you say here.

However, the key to understanding the 2016 election is that Trump did not win election because he captured the votes of Evangelical Christians, or because he captured the votes of racists, white supremacists, sexists, anti-LGBTQ+ people, neo-Nazis, proto-Klansmen, or any similar outlier group. He did, of course, win their votes. But the Republican candidate typically wins their votes, and that's not what put him over the top.

He won because he captured the majority of the "undecideds," ordinary Americans to whom his message of affecting change and making the country "great again" resonated sufficiently. And, I suppose, voters who were put off by Hillary Clinton's "cranky grandma" persona.

I typically shy away from political prognostication, chiefly because I'm more often wrong than right. But the 2020 election will be decided by those voters I just described (and the "cranky grandma" crowd in 2016 will be the "senile grandpa" crowd in 2020). If the election proceeds as it should, and if the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic or the shenanigans of Trump and the GOP do not affect the voting process, I find it very hard to imagine that the Biden-Harris ticket will not prove sufficient to capture enough of those undecideds to hand the White House back to the Democrats.

But, as I said, "I'm more often wrong than right..."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."