KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 220309

psiberzerker

Reply #2220 on: April 09, 2019, 04:37:13 PM
I had to google "tortilla sailing"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me too.  What does it mean?  All I got was sailing ships named stuff like "Lupe Tortilla."

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1842/-28
Reply #2221 on: April 09, 2019, 05:12:40 PM
During football games, after being warned of throwing objects on to the field, Tech fans started to bring tortillas to the games. Caused quite a mess. At least that's what I read.

Ever been to a hockey game? Tortillas are better than octopussies and fish.

one of the originals

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1766/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2222 on: April 09, 2019, 05:44:27 PM
Octopi are a must at RedWing playoff games.  #LGRW

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #2223 on: April 09, 2019, 05:48:00 PM
These Teams Are Playing For All The Tortillas

It beats throwing batteries.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #2224 on: April 09, 2019, 05:53:36 PM
It beats throwing batteries.

#Resist

Thanks!  (And also a Woo)

It's got to be a lot less messy than throwing an octopus on the ice, too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:06:06 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2225 on: April 09, 2019, 09:03:50 PM
It's got to be a lot less messy than throwing an octopus on the ice, too.

Al Sobotka begs to differ.  They're not messy at all.  Much easier than picking up other things.   Al was the manager at Joe Loius Arena (JLA), home of The Red Wings, for many years.  He picked up most of them and would swing them above his head as he left the ice, firing up the crowd.   

The Red Wings also named their mascot after Al, that hung from the JLA rafters.   Al The Octopus.

Al is a local celebrity.  I met him once while working at the Detroit Auto Show.  Super nice man.

I assume most people know why we Wings Fans throw the octopus on the ice.   If not, it started in the 1950's when, in the playoffs it took 8 wins to win the Stanley Cup. 

The final game at the JLA a couple of years ago, there were 35 octopus thrown on the ice, the most ever in JLA history.   PETA was there that night protesting and encouraging the Red Wing organization to fine Octopus tossers $5000 and ejection from the event.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #2226 on: April 10, 2019, 04:23:30 AM
Al Sobotka begs to differ.

Okay, than frizbeeing a tortilla has got to be more aerodynamic that slinging an octopus.

I knew all that, my brother's a big Red Wings fan, from way back.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2227 on: April 10, 2019, 03:36:42 PM
Trip to park weather the last few days, today windy cold and raining.  :roll:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #2228 on: April 10, 2019, 03:44:07 PM

Trip to park weather the last few days, today windy cold and raining.  :roll:

Same here. It was warm and sunny on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and yesterday the temps dropped back down to the 40s and low 50s, with a cold drizzling rain yesterday.

Mother Nature is fucking with us.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-3
Reply #2229 on: April 10, 2019, 04:43:17 PM
Octopi are a must at RedWing playoff games.  #LGRW

Sorry MJ, but my inner grammar nazi just kicked in.  The classical plural is octopodes (because octopus is classical greek in origin).
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/270/what-is-the-correct-plural-of-octopus

However throwing them beats pissing on them https://external-preview.redd.it/ivqulvVX7zilzT9L-vAcbL6wydEvUB9CM2sb2GfWj4M.gif?format=mp4&s=d95b18386c9e3782802afc1df4e59cbe0f9ceae8

I posted the link because the image will really ruin your day.

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Remington555

Reply #2230 on: April 11, 2019, 01:06:04 PM

Sorry MJ, but my inner grammar nazi just kicked in.  The classical plural is octopodes (because octopus is classical greek in origin).
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/270/what-is-the-correct-plural-of-octopus

From what I read in the above link, there is a lot of disagreement about the 'proper' pluralization of octopus. I think I'll go with the OED preferred 'octopuses'.

Etymology and pluralisation

The scientific Latin term octopus was derived from Ancient Greek ὀκτώπους, a compound form of ὀκτώ (oktō, "eight") and πούς (pous, "foot"), itself a variant form of ὀκτάπους, a word used for example by Alexander of Tralles (c. 525–605) for the common octopus.[3][4][5] The standard pluralised form of "octopus" in English is "octopuses";[6] the Ancient Greek plural ὀκτώποδες, "octopodes" (/ɒkˈtɒpədiːz/), has also been used historically.[7] The alternative plural "octopi" – which wrongly assumes it is a Latin second declension "-us" noun or adjective when, in either Greek or Latin, it is a third declension one – is considered grammatically incorrect,[8][9][10][11] but is used frequently enough to be acknowledged by the descriptivist Merriam-Webster 11th Collegiate Dictionary and Webster's New World College Dictionary. The Oxford English Dictionary lists "octopuses", "octopi", and "octopodes", in that order, reflecting frequency of use, calling "octopodes" rare and noting that "octopi" is based on a misunderstanding.[12] The New Oxford American Dictionary (3rd Edition, 2010) lists "octopuses" as the only acceptable pluralisation, and indicates that "octopodes" is still occasionally used, but that "octopi" is incorrect.[13]

The link to the entire article the quote is from is here.

Remmy

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #2231 on: April 11, 2019, 03:10:05 PM
Octopussies?

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #2232 on: April 11, 2019, 03:27:37 PM
Octopussies?

Only if James Bond is getting laid.

Octopi?

Then again, and since I typically refer to them in the context of food, and then usually in a restaurant, and while sometimes that might be a Greek or Japanese restaurant, but far more often it would be a restaurant where the culture speaks Spanish (this has become a very long sentence), I call it pulpo, or perhaps:

Pulpos

Remington555

Reply #2233 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:39 PM
Octopussies?

Wouldn't that only work for female octo...creatures?  :emot_laughing:

Remmy

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2234 on: April 16, 2019, 12:30:03 AM
Me: So what do you want for your 7th birthday next week, baby?

6: A Corgi.

Me: We already have a dog.

6: Yeah, but she's not a Corgi.

Me: Yeah, but we already have a dog.

6: So I can have a Corgi!!!!!!!???

Me: No.

6: What if I ask Grandma?

Me: You tried that once, and I managed to stop it.

6: It's my birthday. No one can say no to me on my birthday.

Me: It's not your birthday yet, so no.

:roll:

No more animals in this house, it's already a fuckin' zoo.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:35:02 AM by ChirpingGirl »

IdleBoast

Reply #2235 on: April 16, 2019, 11:54:57 AM
Youngest son is having a kidney event, waiting for an emergency scan appointment as I type.

At the same time, my wife fainted whilst having a routine mammogram. First faint in her life, so now waiting for blood test results.

We were supposed to be heading North to visit our families tomorrow - I rang to cancel, and found out my dad has a debilitating infection in his leg, making caring for my housebound mother rather awkward. There are no other family members physically capable of helping out (after me, my dad is the youngest, physically-fittest person in the family!).

So, I'll probably be offline for a few days while I try to be at both ends of the country at once...

Remington555

Reply #2236 on: April 16, 2019, 12:27:11 PM

Sorry to hear about so many things happening at once IB. We will keep you in your thoughts and prayers.

It's important not to let yourself get run down. Make sure you rest and eat properly while you're looking after the rest of the family.

Remmy

Remington555

Reply #2237 on: April 16, 2019, 12:40:30 PM
Me: So what do you want for your 7th birthday next week, baby?

6: A Corgi.

Me: We already have a dog.

6: Yeah, but she's not a Corgi.

Me: Yeah, but we already have a dog.

6: So I can have a Corgi!!!!!!!???

Me: No.

6: What if I ask Grandma?

Me: You tried that once, and I managed to stop it.

6: It's my birthday. No one can say no to me on my birthday.

Me: It's not your birthday yet, so no.

:roll:

No more animals in this house, it's already a fuckin' zoo.  :facepalm:

Before my first child was born I made a vow to never fall back on "Because I said so" as an answer.

So, whenever the kiddos wanted something that wasn't going to happen I told them that I'd consulted the Parent Handbook and the answer was no. Sorry about that, but my hands are tied.  ;)

In this case, the Parent Handbook could say that with X number of people in the house, no more than X number of pets are allowed.

Good luck, and stick to your guns. Kids need to hear "no" sometimes.

Remmy

PS: When my first granddaughter was two, my daughter called and asked if I could send her a copy of the Parent Handbook.

I had to fess up and she got a good laugh out of it.

Eventually.  :emot_laughing:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2238 on: April 16, 2019, 07:52:49 PM
She's not getting a Corgi.  :roll:

I say no all the time to my kids, and that's always the end of it. They never stomp off and yell and scream. They know if they've earned something they'll get it. She's certainly earned a Corgi, but the answer is still NO. We have a dog who only sleeps in her room now. She has her bengal cat. She has fish. No more animals in this house. Like I said, it's already a zoo.  :roll:

I might, I stress MIGHT get her a hamster.  :roll:

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2239 on: April 20, 2019, 04:31:13 AM

I've been AWOL lately.   Hubby has a kidney stone as of Wednesday morning.  I've been playing nurse.  I finally got into work today for a few hours.  Still waiting for it to pass.  Fingers crossed it happens soon. 

Version 9.15
POY 2016