KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 261576

psiberzerker

Reply #2600 on: February 14, 2019, 10:18:56 PM
I got 2 votes in the Valentines Story Contest.

8)

Not bad, considering the fact that my trolling story was the one that ended up being submitted for the vote.  I honestly have no idea what other people enjoy reading, but somewhere out there, 2 people actually liked my story about a spree shooter getting laid, and betrayed by his Incell "Friends" for it?

I swear, you normal people confuse the fuck outta me.

IdleBoast

Reply #2601 on: February 14, 2019, 10:54:45 PM
A rude Valentine from somebody I have never met...

Details...

...shall not be forthcoming. I may be a pervert, but I'm an honourable pervert  ;D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2602 on: February 14, 2019, 11:48:05 PM
My 6 got a valentine from her BFF. It made her happy cry.  :'(

:D

psiberzerker

Reply #2603 on: February 14, 2019, 11:57:18 PM
My 6 got a valentine from her BFF.

Your 6?  I don't understand.  I mean "Watch your six" doesn't mean the same thing, but I can't think of anything else.  I'm drawing a blank, here.

Remington555

Reply #2604 on: February 15, 2019, 12:46:47 PM

Your 6?  I don't understand.  I mean "Watch your six" doesn't mean the same thing, but I can't think of anything else.  I'm drawing a blank, here.

She's talking about her six-year old daughter, who has more compassion and empathy for other people than most adults.

Remmy

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2605 on: February 15, 2019, 02:06:04 PM

She's talking about her six-year old daughter, who has more compassion and empathy for other people than most adults.

Remmy

That's an understatement. She wants to be everyone's friend. Doesn't get why people get mad. Loves animals.

She's an angel. I'm sorry the real world is going to ruin her view of life someday.  :roll:

psiberzerker

Reply #2606 on: February 15, 2019, 03:28:13 PM

That's fairly normal.  In that adults suppressing their compassion and empathy is considered "Normal."  Especially around 6 when they start 1st grade, start going to school, meeting new people...  It's how they're equipped to learn social interactions, before they get burned, afraid, and shy. 

_priapism

Reply #2607 on: February 15, 2019, 04:07:37 PM
Telling my son he’s going to drive to school today, and he did a good job.  He got his Eagle Scout project approved last night, and was inducted into the Mu Alpha Theta math honor society this week.  #prouddad
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:54:10 PM by ToeinH20 »

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #2608 on: February 15, 2019, 04:52:43 PM

In my mind, one of the most tragic things about the Civil War isn't usually taught in history books--the career derailment of Robert E. Lee.

Had it not been for the war, General Lee very well may have become one of our presidents, and probably would have been a very good one. Better than Grant, at any rate.

Like MissBarbara, I have been an admirer of Abraham Lincoln all my life. The depths of his integrity and compassion are sorely missing in today's society.

One of my favorite references to President Lincoln is in a Johnny Horton song, titled Johnny Reb. The song itself is a tribute to the Confederate spirit. The reference to Abe may be apocryphal, but one of the verses says:

When Honest Abe heard the news about your fall,
       The folks thought he'd call, a great victory ball,
       But he asked the band to play the song, Dixie,
       For you Johnny Reb, and all that you believe.

Remmy

that lyric is actually incorrect in that Lincoln had the band play Dixie not for what they believed, but to demonstrate that the southerners were  Americans, our brothers. This is reflected in how Lincoln was proposing the reconstruction to be handled. Not as punishment but as reconciliation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:56:26 PM by Katiebee »

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3090/-41
Reply #2609 on: February 15, 2019, 05:33:23 PM

That lyric is actually incorrect in that Lincoln had the band play Dixie not for what they believed, but to demonstrate that the southerners were  Americans, our brothers. This is reflected in how Lincoln was proposing the reconstruction to be handled. Not as punishment but as reconciliation.

That's all perfectly true.

But one of the main reasons Lincoln asked the band to play "Dixie" is because he loved the song, he was saddened at how the Confederates had co-opted the song, and he was very pleased, since the war ended the day before, that it could be played again in the North.

According to a contemporary newspaper report, Lincoln's exact words were:

"FELLOW CITIZENS: I am very greatly rejoiced to find that an occasion has occurred so pleasurable that the people cannot restrain themselves.

[Cheers.]

"I suppose that arrangements are being made for some sort of a formal demonstration, this, or perhaps, to-morrow night.

[Cries of `We can’t wait,’ `We want it now,’ etc.]

"If there should be such a demonstration, I, of course, will be called upon to respond, and I shall have nothing to say if you dribble it all out of me before.

[Laughter and applause.]

"I see you have a band of music with you.

[Voices, `We have two or three.’]

"I propose closing up this interview by the band performing a particular tune which I will name. Before this is done, however, I wish to mention one or two little circumstances connected with it. I have always thought `Dixie’ one of the best tunes I have ever heard. Our adversaries over the way attempted to appropriate it, but I insisted yesterday that we fairly captured it.

[Applause.]

I presented the question to the Attorney General, and he gave it as his legal opinion that it is our lawful prize.

[Laughter and applause.]

"I now request the band to favor me with its performance."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #2610 on: February 16, 2019, 03:41:19 AM
(+ 1 Hidden)

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2611 on: February 20, 2019, 07:14:11 PM
My family is about to get even bigger.  ;D

psiberzerker

Reply #2612 on: February 20, 2019, 07:15:53 PM
The weather clearing, and warming up.  It's starting to feel like a nice day...

Remington555

Reply #2613 on: February 21, 2019, 01:41:40 PM

My granddaughter reminded me of something that happened when she was six.

On my birthday, when the family started singing Happy Birthday, I started singing Happy Birthday to me right along with them.

She started giggling and ended up laughing so hard she couldn't keep singing. She said it was one of her favorite memories.

It's one of my favorites too.

Remmy

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #2614 on: February 21, 2019, 08:20:30 PM

She started giggling and ended up laughing so hard she couldn't keep singing. She said it was one of her favorite memories.

It's one of my favorites too.

Remmy

Awww.  That's cute and so special.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #2615 on: February 21, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
The 6 getting home and screaming "GET OUT OF THE WAY I HAVE TO PEE!!!!"  ;D

And proceeds to run into the downstairs bathroom set up for a disabled woman. After she cleaned up she walked out of there and apologized for screaming and wanted a hug.

She really, really had to go.  :D

_priapism

Reply #2616 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:48 PM

psiberzerker

Reply #2617 on: February 23, 2019, 07:50:04 PM
Talking to Liz about sex dolls, cops, and various other subjects.  It was hilarious, and fantastically different.  It honestly made my day, the kind of discussion that keeps me coming back.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #2618 on: February 23, 2019, 08:29:33 PM
Talking to Liz about sex dolls, cops, and various other subjects.  It was hilarious, and fantastically different.  It honestly made my day, the kind of discussion that keeps me coming back.

Well......welcome to weird......and strange.......(that's me).
 ;D

Love,
Liz

psiberzerker

Reply #2619 on: February 23, 2019, 08:33:32 PM
Well......welcome to weird......and strange.......(that's me).

{Waves from the very bottom of the Uncanny Valley}