What RUINED your day today?

MintJulie · 222740

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #1920 on: January 28, 2019, 02:56:16 AM
Just once, I’d like to wake up to the smell of family making breakfast for me.  Instead, they all wait hungry for me to arise, and present a list of items from my repertoire they want me to make for them.  It’s nice to be needed, but sheesh.  You’re all grown adults.  You have two hands.  Supposedly you are capable of reading a cookbooks, or at least have gained something by osmosis these past 20 years.  My name isn’t Mel.

For the month January while she dog sits for her brother, I have woken alone, so no breakfasts to make.

So instead what I got last night was, ‘Come here {45 minutes away} tomorrow at 10 and take me and momma to Panera.’  I showed up at 9:30 and she hadn’t got up yet, answered the door rubbing her eyes whining, ‘Why you here so early?’

But then she buried her face in my chest and told me she loved me.  Poor thing has a cold and can barely talk.  She and her momma got Panera breakfasts.

_priapism

Reply #1921 on: January 28, 2019, 03:00:02 AM
Just once, I’d like to wake up to the smell of family making breakfast for me.  Instead, they all wait hungry for me to arise, and present a list of items from my repertoire they want me to make for them.  It’s nice to be needed, but sheesh.  You’re all grown adults.  You have two hands.  Supposedly you are capable of reading a cookbooks, or at least have gained something by osmosis these past 20 years.  My name isn’t Mel.

For the month January while she dog sits for her brother, I have woken alone, so no breakfasts to make.

So instead what I got last night was, ‘Come here {45 minutes away} tomorrow at 10 and take me and momma to Panera.’  I showed up at 9:30 and she hadn’t got up yet, answered the door rubbing her eyes whining, ‘Why you here so early?’

But then she buried her face in my chest and told me she loved me.  Poor thing has a cold and can barely talk.  She and her momma got Panera breakfasts.

Sweet story.  Reminds me what is important.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1922 on: January 28, 2019, 03:31:43 AM

Sweet story.  Reminds me what is important.

Thanks Toe.

We went to a wedding show today, her sister and her husband joining us.  We already have the caterer and wedding and reception venues, but need a DJ, photographer, flowers, invitations and cake.  We got some of that settled and some business cards for the rest.

So lunch was eating a bunch of free samples from the caterer we already booked, lol.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1923 on: January 28, 2019, 05:03:56 AM
I just discovered a lie told to me. One that strikes deep into my soul.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Remington555

Reply #1924 on: January 28, 2019, 12:02:13 PM
I just discovered a lie told to me. One that strikes deep into my soul.

I'm so sorry for you, betrayal by someone you trusted is one of the most painful things we have to cope with.

Consider yourself hugged. It's not much but it's all I got.

Remmy

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:38:31 PM by Remington555 »

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #1925 on: February 12, 2019, 01:13:52 AM

10AM I notice the earliest detectable symptoms of a head cold (face feels odd).

11AM I head down to Walgreens for zinc lozenges, hitting Sprouts on the way back to snag some raw honey and apple cider vinegar (I have both at home, but not at work)

<the rest of the day> slowly sipping tea with 2TB ACV & 1TB honey, alternating with zinc lozenges every 2 hours.  Wearing a surgical mask to protect the other poor suckers a little.

By 5pm I'm saturated on zinc and I can taste it all the time... it's a weird metallic taste, and it'll flavor EVERYTHING I eat for the next few days.  Sigh.

I caught it fast enough that the symptoms should be mild.  I undoubtedly got it within minutes of arriving at work this morning, since I didn't leave home yesterday.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #1926 on: February 12, 2019, 01:46:56 AM
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/common-cold/expert-answers/zinc-for-colds/faq-20057769

‘None of the studies analyzed had enough participants to meet a high standard of proof. Also, the studies used different zinc dosages and preparations (lozenges or syrup) for different lengths of time. As a result, it's not clear what the effective dose and treatment schedule would be.

Zinc — especially in lozenge form — also has side effects, including nausea or a bad taste in the mouth. Many people who used zinc nasal sprays suffered a permanent loss of smell. For this reason, Mayo Clinic doctors caution against using such sprays.

In addition, large amounts of zinc are toxic and can cause copper deficiency, anemia and damage to the nervous system.

For now, the safest course is to talk to your doctor before considering the use of zinc to prevent or reduce the length of colds.’

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #1927 on: February 12, 2019, 03:12:11 AM

Don't believe everything you read, even on WebMD.  :emot_kiss:  Most suggestions I've seen on treating a cold are amusing or completely wrong.

I've been doing this for ~20 years, and it works for me.  Zinc every 2 hours until the blood levels are saturated (about 3 or 4 lozenges), then drop back to 1 every 4 hours until the end of the third day.  After that, it's pointless so don't continue, no matter what the directions on the package say.  Everything after the third day is damaged caused in the first 3 days before the targeted T-cells have killed the virus, and zinc will hamper the healing after that, not help it.

The specific brand of zinc I buy is called 'Cold-Eeze', in either tropical fruit or cherry.

If you wait to start the zinc until you already have a sore throat and stuffy head, then it won't work.  Zinc helps minimize or moderate the initial damage caused when non-specific white blood cells are flooded to the upper respiratory tract to blow apart cells at random, hoping to get enough of the viral protein fragments into the blood stream so that the glands / lymph nodes can produce the targeted T-cells.  If your immune system is working, the cold virus is completely dead by the end of the third day.

ACV and honey are both mild antiseptics, and the hot tea helps break up the congestion.  It seems to help me more than going without.

I also take Sudafed + Guaifenesin for the first few days to help keep the sinuses from blocking.  If I feel up to it, a kid's dose of Benadryl also helps a bit, but usually I'm already too funky to deal with the added sleepiness of the Benadryl.

edit:
Here's a medical review of the results of several studies (1984-2010) on zinc for colds:
https://doi.org/10.1002/ebch.1859
They agree with me: the earlier you start zinc, the better it works.  I got on it within 4 hours of the initial infection, and 23 hours later the symptoms are very mild other than stuffy sinuses.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:40:05 PM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

_priapism

Reply #1928 on: February 15, 2019, 07:02:35 PM
Logging in and seeing virtually every post is in Politics.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #1929 on: February 15, 2019, 07:04:08 PM

Logging on to KB, then a mini crisis at work.   

Last 2 hours has been nutso.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #1930 on: February 15, 2019, 09:54:43 PM

"I'm givin' her all she's got cap'n!"

~Scotty

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1931 on: February 16, 2019, 05:21:50 AM
Two more dates canceled.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

psiberzerker

Reply #1932 on: February 16, 2019, 02:53:08 PM

Well, you're in luck.  This morning there's 9 child rape, or little nympho stories (I haven't read them all yet) for you to read, and very little in Politics.  There's even one with the novel title "Daddy's Little Girl."

_priapism

Reply #1933 on: February 16, 2019, 04:32:04 PM

Well, you're in luck.  This morning there's 9 child rape, or little nympho stories (I haven't read them all yet) for you to read, and very little in Politics.  There's even one with the novel title "Daddy's Little Girl."

Yeah, I saw you added to the shit pile.  I’m assuming you did that as satire.

psiberzerker

Reply #1934 on: February 16, 2019, 04:44:03 PM

Yeah, still working on it...  What gave it away, the title?

_priapism

Reply #1935 on: February 16, 2019, 05:21:29 PM

Yeah, still working on it...  What gave it away, the title?

“She May Only Be Three, But A Very Mature Three.”

psiberzerker

Reply #1936 on: February 16, 2019, 05:23:32 PM
“She May Only Be Three, But A Very Mature Three.”

:emot_laughing:  "It's for a book!"

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #1937 on: February 16, 2019, 07:37:13 PM
I guess I don't find child rape as amusing as some.

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

psiberzerker

Reply #1938 on: February 16, 2019, 08:07:39 PM
I guess I don't find child rape as amusing as some.

#Resist

Well, only one of them was in Non-con.  So, I guess we can assume that all the rest of them were willing?

Oh no.  Wait Autumn's Dilemma also has Violence in the story codes.  Maybe that one should be moved to Non-con, too.

Sometimes, laughing at pedophiles is the only way to keep from crying.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:12:19 PM by psiberzerker »

Remington555

Reply #1939 on: February 17, 2019, 12:49:30 PM

Learning that 1 in 6 children who live in the richest country on earth can't be sure from day to day where their next meal is coming from.  :'(

Remmy