GEMINIGUY · 12277

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1766/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #100 on: April 26, 2017, 04:52:16 PM
I just saw a new Nickelback music video, "Feed The Machine". Very Hard Rocking, loved it.

I'll have to listen.   I used to listen to NB much more, but not so much lately.   I like everything about them except the sound of Chad's voice, which is a huge part obviously.  I liked it at first, but then it wore on me.

Thank you JimmyGG for the heads up.    :-*

:),
Jules

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #101 on: April 26, 2017, 05:09:52 PM

I just saw a new Nickelback music video, "Feed The Machine". Very Hard Rocking, loved it.

I don't really know this band, but I agree, it's a great song and, yes, "Very Hard Rocking."

Thanks, GG!

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 06:48:36 PM
Nickelback is a Canadian Hard Rock group who I believe released two albums up in their homeland before hitting it big with Silver Side Up in 2001. I've been a fan ever since, I have Silver Side Up, The Long Road, All The Right Reasons and Dark Horse. I need to get Here And Now, No Fixed Address and now this new album of the same title. You're welcome, Jules! You're welcome, MissBarbara!

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #103 on: April 26, 2017, 06:54:38 PM

Nickelback is a Canadian Hard Rock group who I believe released two albums up in their homeland before hitting it big with Silver Side Up in 2001. I've been a fan ever since, I have Silver Side Up, The Long Road, All The Right Reasons and Dark Horse. I need to get Here And Now, No Fixed Address and now this new album of the same title. You're welcome, Jules! You're welcome, MissBarbara!

That's why I like this thread, and the other music-related threads (including WBL's new "30-Day Music Challenge" thread).

It exposes me to bands and music genres that I'm unfamiliar with, or otherwise would have never stumbled across.

So, thanks again, GG!

Offline NaughtyNicole

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-0
Reply #104 on: April 26, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

Nickelback is a very underrated band who for some reason always gets a bad rap. Not sure why.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #105 on: April 27, 2017, 01:13:25 AM
You are welcome again, MissBarbara!
Well, some fans don't see Nickleback as the Hard Rock group they have the reputation of being. They hear the "radio friendly Pop-Rock songs" and equate that with Nickelback. Real fans ask they doubters "How you ever been to a Nickleback concert?" and I told no. They tell the doubters its at their concerts that you see how Hard Rocking they really are.

freddy1984

Reply #106 on: May 06, 2017, 03:32:37 AM
"Jorja Bleu" New Single from Bret Michaels of Poison, released today and is a song written for his Daughter, Joria Bleu released for her 12th Birthday which is today, May 5th.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #107 on: May 06, 2017, 02:09:48 PM
I won't comment about that, because even when I saw something positive meaning I agree with you, you still have to crap all over what I say.

freddy1984

Reply #108 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:22 AM
I won't comment about that, because even when I saw something positive meaning I agree with you, you still have to crap all over what I say.

:emot_laughing: I only say something in anger or in defense if you say something stupid, if you like the song give it a thumbs up! I posted it here cause one it's NEW and two, it's good!

KitKat

Reply #109 on: July 12, 2017, 10:40:01 PM
I never listen to the radio and rarely watch tv. I listen to my favorite tunes on Spotify and this new song was suggested. It's pretty hot.

Electric feat Khalid by Alina Baraz

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #110 on: July 13, 2017, 01:13:05 AM
It's about two, maybe three weeks old, I saw the music video for a new Nickelback song "Song On Fire". It's an interesting music video as well, with a man chasing a women in a flowing white dress threw a forest, and a strange cast of character appear one after the other. We found out at the end who they actually are. :^)

KitKat

Reply #111 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:14 AM
Kinda diggin' this one.

Kesha - Learn To Let Go (Official Video)

Pervertedneighbor

Reply #112 on: July 28, 2017, 08:14:31 AM
New stuff... new stuff... new stuff... bullshit!

As long as you keep tuning into the radio and looking in the same old places
for music, there ain't no "new stuff".

It's all the same old SHIT.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #113 on: July 28, 2017, 08:38:35 AM
You don't give up, do you, Oscar The Grouch? This is just a post to update others who have an interest in listening to music and not talking sh*t about it, to let them know if we heard something recently put out that others might like. Of course everything samples everything else, we know that already, no need to be an ass about it. -rolls eyes-

KitKat

Reply #114 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:56 PM

As long as you keep tuning into the radio and looking in the same old places
for music, there ain't no "new stuff".

I totally understand where you're coming from. I dispise most "new stuff" and everything it stands for. However, I look at new music like junk food. You know it's bad for you, too much can kill you, but a little now and then is alright.

;)

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #115 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:19 PM

As long as you keep tuning into the radio and looking in the same old places for music, there ain't no "new stuff".

I totally understand where you're coming from. I despise most "new stuff" and everything it stands for. However, I look at new music like junk food. You know it's bad for you, too much can kill you, but a little now and then is alright.

;)

I suppose it depends by what you mean by "new stuff." You're clearly a fan of Lana Del Rey, and that's "new stuff" by any meaning of the phrase.

My point is that while there's indeed a lot of over-produced, processed pap being offered on Top 40 stations, there's tons and tons of "new stuff" being released every day. Expand your horizons beyond Top 40 and "Today's Hit Music!," and you'll find lots of great new music, by artists other than the currently popular Pop Princes and Princesses, in every imaginable genre.

Or, to GG's point, you can continue to rant and rage about pop music, while missing out on a lot of other great music. You're choice!

Offline Indian Babe

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +80/-1
  • Learning the fine art of pervs
Reply #116 on: July 31, 2017, 08:37:48 AM
I'm pretty sure many people here were 12 years old once. I know I was.  :D

Loads of great new music by the way. New bands and new albums from established stars. Like Miss B says, one has to look past the Top 40 etc. Playlists compiled by people and not algorithms...

KitKat

Reply #117 on: August 09, 2017, 05:14:26 PM
Bitter:Sweet- Heaven (Nicola Conte 'West Coast Vibes' Remix)

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #118 on: September 01, 2017, 11:40:28 AM
I got to see the music video for Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" yesterday. The graveyard and Zombie Taylor caught my eye right away. A lot of striking visuals, plus loved getting to see past music video incarnations of Taylor again as well.

KitKat

Reply #119 on: September 07, 2017, 10:06:48 PM
George Michael - Fantasy (Audio) ft. Nile Rodgers