News:

WTF Texas

msslave · 1010

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1321/-3
on: February 21, 2021, 02:21:41 PM
I can understand how the severe cold and some snow can cause havoc in the state. The lack of regulation of electric utilities to keep energy costs low is strange, but I can see how a red state would think that's a good thing.

Here's where I'm puzzled. How the snowball in hell are people getting the outrageous electric bills after days of not even using power. It's reported in the news but I haven't seen an explanation of how the electric companies are getting away with this. Are they adding the costs of repairs to the customers?

Toe...can you she'd some light on this,? ???

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:20:31 PM

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 07:21:59 PM
Thanks. That help a bit. Seems like a heck of a way to run a railroad. :facepalm:

_priapism

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 07:48:32 PM
Thanks. That help a bit. Seems like a heck of a way to run a railroad. :facepalm:

That’s why we call them the Texas Taliban.  God and guns.  Everyone else be damned, except the fetus.  Highest illiteracy rate, lowest insured rate.  The white Republicans and their red hatted MAGAts, all have their heads so far up their collective asses, it’s embarrassing.  No wonder Ted Cruz wanted to fly to Cancun.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 07:53:57 PM
I feel for you Toe. We have our "fun" with politics up here too, but somehow it works out in the end.

Hey...now that you know you can't escape winter down there, how about coming back to Minnesota? :D

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 09:29:45 PM
Or maybe everyone should visit Arizona? It was 81F yesterday, a bit cooler today at 71F.  Tonight it will drop to 34F, so I'll have to cover the tomato plants.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 03:48:04 PM
So I’m hearing about this situation now.  I’m sure the GOP in Texas is still very proud they got their own grid, and Ted Cruz went back to Canada for a vacation.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 09:50:10 AM
Is there some relief in sight for Texas women?

A Federal judge has ordered the Texas law effectively banning abortion suspended. The restrictive law offers ten thousand dollars to friends and neighbors to turn in people seeking an abortion.

I still can't believe that people in these modern times would allow such a draconian law to stand.

https://www.startribune.com/judge-orders-texas-to-suspend-new-law-banning-most-abortions/600104312/