News:

Stacia Blake

Hilda · 238

Offline Hilda

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +289/-1
  • Granny Takes a Trip
on: July 11, 2023, 08:22:14 AM

When I came across this image my first thought was, "Could that be Stacia, the Hawkwind dancer?" The hair style, the face paint, the cloak, the magnificent bosom, and the artistically bent ankle. I didn't, however, recognize the logo on the drum kit. I tried a reverse image lookup on Google and Bing. Both failed to come up with a match, but Bing offered a row of suggestions, all of them permutations of Stacia + Blake + Hawkwind + Dancer.

So if the lady in the photo is Stacia, how did Bing identify her without the original photo? I suspect there's some very sophisticated AI at work.

You are just a thought that someone, somewhere, somehow feels you should be here.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 05:37:50 PM

Hawkwind drumhead designed by Barney Bubbles 1972

Offline Hilda

• Total freak
  • Granny Takes a Trip
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 06:46:05 AM

Hawkwind drumhead designed by Barney Bubbles 1972

Thank you, thank you!  :emot_kiss:

I'm well and truly gob-smacked. I met Barney a couple of times in 1970. He was introduced to me as an artist. It wasn't until later that I discovered he was a talented designer of posters and albums covers.

He created the cover of the first Sutherland Brothers LP, one of my all-time favourites.

Reading the Wikipedia article on Barney, I see that he was involved with Hawkwind for quite a while. That I didn't know.

I also see from the Wikipedia article that there's a published collection of his works. I'll definitely pick up a copy.

Hugs and kisses, Shiela, for bringing back so many memories.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 07:34:01 AM by Hilda »

You are just a thought that someone, somewhere, somehow feels you should be here.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 07:59:08 PM
I'm happy I could help with that.  I while ago, I was really into irish celtic music. I still listen to quite a bit when the mood hits me, but when I was really into it, I was listening to a bunch of music from Ireland and Scotland. I'm not very familiar with Stacia or Hawkwind, but the names stuck out to me.

Offline Hilda

• Total freak
  • Granny Takes a Trip
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 08:29:21 AM
Thought I'd keep this topic alive with another photo of Stacia.

I've seen several interviews with original members of Hawkwind, and opinions vary about Stacia's height. I've heard six feet, and I've heard six feet two inches. A truly statuesque young lady.