Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1768/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3340 on: May 04, 2020, 04:38:52 AM

Internet down for most of the day.   

You think people are acting crazy from being on lock down for 45 days?  You should see these three crazies over here being psycho wanting to text and Instagram and everything else.   

Dan watched and waited for about 20 mintes before saying, "Just turn wifi off and use ATT data."   

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3341 on: May 04, 2020, 07:45:19 PM
Just think how awful it was back a generation or two ago when the power went out while watching a suspenseful movie. There was no On Demand or similar things to easily access the movie so you could finish watching it after the power was restored.

No internet or Wi-fi is almost a major disaster to the younger generation.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3342 on: May 04, 2020, 07:53:11 PM
Just think how awful it was back a generation or two ago when the power went out while watching a suspenseful movie. There was no On Demand or similar things to easily access the movie so you could finish watching it after the power was restored.

No internet or Wi-fi is almost a major disaster to the younger generation.

My kids would go insane without it.

_priapism

Reply #3343 on: May 04, 2020, 08:17:47 PM
My oldest had a rough weekend.  Destroyed his car.  In BFE.  So I spent the weekend driving back and forth, getting it running, and back to town.  He needs 4 new tires and suspension repair.  Rather than fix the car, he’s talking about buying a different car.  Better the devil you know...

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3344 on: May 05, 2020, 12:18:10 AM
My oldest had a rough weekend.  Destroyed his car.  In BFE.  So I spent the weekend driving back and forth, getting it running, and back to town.  He needs 4 new tires and suspension repair.  Rather than fix the car, he’s talking about buying a different car.  Better the devil you know...

We had three teen drivers on our insurance at one time. I used to purchase cars that were rated 5 stars for safety for them to drive. One totaled his car, a Volvo, when someone driving the wrong way on a one-way street broadsided him. If it wasn't for him driving the Volvo, he would have been seriously injured.  Glad your son is all right, Toe.

I can't imagine what insurance rates are now for teenagers, especially in a large urban city. 

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3345 on: May 05, 2020, 01:07:37 AM

A security guard at a Dollar Store in Flint, just north of where I live, asked some patrons to put their masks on.  An altercation ensued and the security guard was shot and killed.  :(

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2959/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3346 on: May 05, 2020, 01:14:59 AM

A security guard at a Dollar Store in Flint, just north of where I live, asked some patrons to put their masks on.  An altercation ensued and the security guard was shot and killed.  :(

I just heard about this myself.  I can not believe how idiotic some people are over the dumbest of things.  It's a mask.  That poor man and his family, my heart goes out to them.  I hope those idiots spend the rest of their lives behind bars

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3347 on: May 05, 2020, 02:58:34 AM

Yeah, we don't do that at my temp job. I warned my friend/manager that people are fuckin' nuts and will not put up with it.  :roll:

Thankfully wifey hasn't heard of this or she'd demand I quit. So would everyone. But I fuckin' can't because we need the money or our savings will be exterminated thanks to the billionaire balloon Prickster.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3348 on: May 05, 2020, 05:40:43 AM
I am so exhausted I can't think right.  :facepalm:

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3349 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:09 PM

I read about that as well.  My sister works at a Dollar Store in WV.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3350 on: May 05, 2020, 12:57:27 PM
Had a 4 day getaway planned for our 1st anniversary.  I called the B&B booked for the weekend and canceled.  The woman was very gracious and said she was thinking of calling me.  She refunded my non-refundable deposit, so that was nice.  Today I’ll call the spa we were planning to stay at for the actual anniversary and day before and cancel there too.  Suppose we could still go, but it would be ordering carry out/ delivery for the room and not going out, so what’s the point.

Trying to convince her we need to go somewhere soon.  We can haul the trailer to a spot I know in the Monongahela National Forest and quarantine in the woods for 3 days.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3351 on: May 05, 2020, 07:47:29 PM
Was wasted tired last night, couldn't sleep. Baby didn't want to, so of course neither did I.

What little I got, I woke up with a horrible headache. Two of the kids stood outside my bathroom talking, and although they weren't being annoying at all, I still almost snapped at them.  :facepalm: I had to fight it. There's no excuse to even think about raising my voice at any of them. I just told them to please go downstairs and wait for breakfast, I needed to get ready for my shit temp job.  :facepalm:

I ended up crying in wifeys embrace as she comforted me. Headache is gone now, still tired. Don't know how much longer I can take this.  :facepalm:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3352 on: May 06, 2020, 12:37:13 AM
Was wasted tired last night, couldn't sleep. Baby didn't want to, so of course neither did I.

What little I got, I woke up with a horrible headache. Two of the kids stood outside my bathroom talking, and although they weren't being annoying at all, I still almost snapped at them.  :facepalm: I had to fight it. There's no excuse to even think about raising my voice at any of them. I just told them to please go downstairs and wait for breakfast, I needed to get ready for my shit temp job.  :facepalm:

I ended up crying in wifeys embrace as she comforted me. Headache is gone now, still tired. Don't know how much longer I can take this.  :facepalm:

Your friends here give you a group hug.  8)

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3353 on: May 06, 2020, 01:28:13 AM

Dan's niece is renting his house.  Because of my pet dander allergies, she is also caring for his dog until the oldest gets her own place.  

While Dan and I were out today, the girls went and got the dog and brought them back to our house.  That's fine as long as the dog stays outside.   But, they brought him in the house.  How do I know this?  Because my eyes feel the size of baseballs.   And my nose won't stop.

One rule, no animals in the house.  Just one simple rule.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3354 on: May 06, 2020, 02:28:33 AM

Dan's niece is renting his house.  Because of my pet dander allergies, she is also caring for his dog until the oldest gets her own place.  

While Dan and I were out today, the girls went and got the dog and brought them back to our house.  That's fine as long as the dog stays outside.   But, they brought him in the house.  How do I know this?  Because my eyes feel the size of baseballs.   And my nose won't stop.

Then you can never visit me because thanks to my 8 year old we have many.  :roll:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3355 on: May 06, 2020, 03:12:08 PM
Watching old home video of my sister. She made a video just for CJ "Don't watch until you're really old"  :facepalm:

Basically it was a day in her life without me.

She introduced me to the boy she was going to marry.  :emot_laughing: Yeah, not unless he morphed into a hot gay British girl.  ;D

It just reminded me how fast it all goes. She was so young, now she's all grown up with her own family and career saving lives. My baby sister did real good.

But now I'm reminded how fast time flies.  :facepalm:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3356 on: May 06, 2020, 03:15:14 PM

Is it just pet dander or are you allergic to all the usual Spring pollens?

_priapism

Reply #3357 on: May 06, 2020, 04:06:48 PM
Since my ASD kid wrecked his car, I’m driving him to and from work now.  About 140 miles, and two hours of my life, daily.  This morning he wanted to deposit his Trump check.  Naturally, he left his debit card in the ATM machine.  Two hours later he calls in tears, and asked me to drive to his bank to look for it.  Big benefit of living in a small town.  The card was still inserted in the ATM machine, two hours later.  Lucky mofo.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3358 on: May 06, 2020, 04:17:14 PM

I have some seasonal allergies but nothing like pet dander.   My eyes might get watery and a sneeze or two when cutting the grass is about all. 

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3359 on: May 06, 2020, 07:02:01 PM

I have some seasonal allergies but nothing like pet dander.   My eyes might get watery and a sneeze or two when cutting the grass is about all. 

Dust is my nemesis. I will go on a five minute sneezing fit after doing so rehab work. I can see why you home has to be pet free.