KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The President Biden Thread: All Things President Joe

joan1984 · 18259

psiberzerker

Reply #80 on: September 03, 2019, 08:57:12 PM
People today listen to the proposals, and are not taking them seriously as they seem so un-American

Again, you're speaking for "The People," instead of listening to them.  Which is about as anti-democracy as you can get.  You're Dictating that America believe what you want them to.  Your proposal is basically a Thought Police State.

So, again.  How do you know what the voters think?

psiberzerker

Reply #81 on: September 03, 2019, 09:00:29 PM
Joe Biden is neither a "liberal" nor a "progressive," and he's certainly not among the "far Left."

True, Biden is about the most centrist of the leaders.  However, that also counts against him, (At least he's been called on his track record, repeatedly, by Women of Color in the debates.)  As does his "Hands on" approach to some of the female potential voters, and their Parents.  

I can't share the photo here, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.  I don't want him as President.  Regardless of how "Moderate" he claims to be, I don't like him

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3092/-41
Reply #82 on: September 03, 2019, 09:33:53 PM

Joe Biden is neither a "liberal" nor a "progressive," and he's certainly not among the "far Left."

True, Biden is about the most centrist of the leaders.  However, that also counts against him, (At least he's been called on his track record, repeatedly, by Women of Color in the debates.)  As does his "Hands on" approach to some of the female potential voters, and their Parents.  

I can't share the photo here, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.  I don't want him as President.  Regardless of how "Moderate" he claims to be, I don't like him

More good points.

And this begs one question (and I'm not really sure what the answer is): Will those who are currently criticizing or condemning him for his track record, or for not being a liberal or progressive enough, still vote for him next November is is he, in fact, the Democratic candidate?

I wouldn't say that "I don't like him," but I will admit that he's a far from perfect candidate, both on his own and vis a vis his competition. And this is especially true if he is, in fact, the candidate on the ballot next November. If that proves to be the case, I likely will vote for him. Would you?

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #83 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:25 PM
If that proves to be the case, I likely will vote for him. Would you?

I would have to see the other candidate.  Is he as bad as Trump?  Surely we can pick a higher bar than that.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #84 on: September 03, 2019, 09:45:42 PM

If that proves to be the case, I likely will vote for him. Would you?

I would have to see the other candidate.  Is he as bad as Trump?  Surely we can pick a higher bar than that.

Sorry, what I meant was that if the two major parties on the November 2020 ballot where Trump and Biden, along with some other candidates of the caliber of Jill Stein and Gary Johnson, would you vote for Biden?

Actually, you don't have to answer that. It's a personal decision, and one that need not be shared with others.

I would vote for him, but with a sense of reluctance and a lack of enthusiasm, perhaps as the "least worst" candidate." But that ties back into what I was saying above: The Democrats won't have a clear edge in the 2020 presidential election if their candidate is the "least worst" candidate. And therein lies the problem.

psiberzerker

Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 09:55:34 PM
The lesser evil doesn't work for the greater good.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #86 on: September 03, 2019, 10:54:11 PM
  In addition to 'beating Trump', what criteria do you use, when voting for the Democrat Presidential Candidate, as far as what you are hoping a win will bring in your personal interest? Whoever the Democrat winner may be.

Do you believe any of todays Primary Candidates can deliver on their promises and policies to your satisfaction? Do you believe their campaign rhetoric or promises will actually happen in their first year, first two years, first term?

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

psiberzerker

Reply #87 on: September 03, 2019, 10:55:46 PM
Of whom are you asking?

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #88 on: September 03, 2019, 11:25:55 PM
  Any member who cares to answer, and another, and another.

psiberzerker

Reply #89 on: September 03, 2019, 11:29:20 PM
I would like to see boring stuff, like Infrastructure, stabilizing the economy, starting to change over the energy system, and basically making the country actually work.

I would vote for that, but they don't make very interesting talking points.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #90 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:09 AM
Thank you. And the second part of the Question, about Campaign Promises ?

I would like to see boring stuff, like Infrastructure, stabilizing the economy, starting to change over the energy system, and basically making the country actually work.

I would vote for that, but they don't make very interesting talking points.

psiberzerker

Reply #91 on: September 04, 2019, 12:07:13 AM

I care more about results than promises.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #92 on: September 04, 2019, 12:23:10 AM

In addition to 'beating Trump', what criteria do you use, when voting for the Democrat Presidential Candidate, as far as what you are hoping a win will bring in your personal interest? Whoever the Democrat winner may be.

In the end, every voter votes in his or her personal interests. Of course, we vote for the candidate whom we believe will most effectively guide the nation, solve its problems, and bring it to further greatness. But our choice among the candidates are still based on our personal view of whom will be the best.

There's also, of course, a strong element of pragmatism, especially once the two candidates have been decided. I've voted reluctantly before, and I'm sure I'll vote reluctantly again, but my lack of excitement or enthusiasm for a given candidate does not affect my ultimate choice of candidates.

Do you believe any of today's Primary Candidates can deliver on their promises and policies to your satisfaction? Do you believe their campaign rhetoric or promises will actually happen in their first year, first two years, first term?

Yes, that's the ultimate question. But that question applies to every single voter, and to every single candidate -- and for whatever office. There's no perfect candidate this time around, and there's never been a perfect candidate. You're correct that I evaluate candidates based on whether or not their campaign promises are realistic, viable, and effective, and on whether or not they can be affected.

At the same time, every single American voter in the 2020 presidential election will have about four years of track record for our current president on which to evaluate him. And it's my fervent hope that they will cool-headedly review his four years of history and find him wanting thereby.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #93 on: September 04, 2019, 01:56:56 AM
Thank you. Appreciate your response.

I care more about results than promises.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #94 on: September 04, 2019, 01:59:08 AM
Thank you, MissBarbara. Appreciate your response(s).

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #95 on: September 04, 2019, 04:12:45 PM
I think there are many voters who are looking for a candidate that is a moderate, one who doesn't think their way is the only way and that compromise is what politics is all about. The ages of the leading candidates probably isn't a plus among the young voters but then again, it is us "oldsters" who come out and vote in higher numbers then do the young voters.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

psiberzerker

Reply #96 on: September 04, 2019, 04:34:16 PM
it is us "oldsters" who come out and vote in higher numbers then do the young voters.

Traditionally, but because of AOC, and others, there seems to be an upsurge in Millennial voting, and most of them are fairly Liberal.  Possibly might have something to do with being the generation that's going to have to clean up our mess.  Is it enough to offset the traditional Church Voting Drives?

Only time will tell, but you'll eventually run out of boomers, and they're making more Youngsters...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #97 on: September 04, 2019, 08:19:07 PM

It is us "oldsters" who come out and vote in higher numbers then do the young voters.

Traditionally, but because of AOC, and others, there seems to be an upsurge in Millennial voting, and most of them are fairly Liberal.  Possibly might have something to do with being the generation that's going to have to clean up our mess.  Is it enough to offset the traditional Church Voting Drives?

Only time will tell, but you'll eventually run out of boomers, and they're making more Youngsters...

While there's an upsurge in Millennial social network posting, there's scant evidence that that has translated into an upsurge in voting. And that includes both the Millennials and the next generation below them (whatever its called), who have or soon will reach voting age.

While AOC has tremendous appeal to younger voters, her election was very prisaic. She's a Democrat running in an overwhelmingly Democratic district, and an Hispanic running in a majority Hispanic district. The fact that she won should have come as a surprise to exactly no one.

psiberzerker

Reply #98 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:47 PM
While there's an upsurge in Millennial social network posting, there's scant evidence that that has translated into an upsurge in voting.

Other than the Mid-terms?  The Record Mid-terms, and Millennials were the only significant new demographic.

Other than that, you're right.  No evidence, but we still have more than a year to go...

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #99 on: September 04, 2019, 10:16:14 PM
If everyone who can, or who can get their hands on a ballot were to vote for AOC, and along with AOC, vote for the Democrat Presidential Nominee (pick one), no net change would occur at all. If all the illegals who usually vote in New York cast their ballots in AOC's district polls, will be no net change at all.

Same net Electoral College vote, exactly. It would help net a NY State win for the Democrat, no matter who it may be, or even if no one were on the line for President. Same Electoral College vote as 2016, or within spittin' distance, and same result, so long as NY is a 'winner takes all' Electoral College State.

If AOC's District were to unexpectedly not vote at all, same result. Only the House seat might be affected if anyone voted at all. Only way AOC's district matters would be if that District voted Republican for House on their ballot. Matters not who that district votes for as to President.

AOC's District is hers to lose, pretty much her's alone. Is why she can say virtually anything affecting the Nation, endorse or not anything at all pretty much.

She got rid of the visible legal issues, with her Chief of Staff/Office/Campaign Manager vanishing into the night recently. She has not married her Brother, yet, as if that would be an issue for Democrats... The on the payroll Boyfriend issue will be blamed on the Ex Campaign Manager if it raises up anew.

Safe seat, unless she pisses off someone, lots of someones in her district.

There is a year, maybe she will pick up a Democrat Primary challenger?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:19:43 PM by joan1984 »