The President Biden Thread: All Things President Joe

joan1984 · 18448

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1624/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #180 on: April 22, 2020, 04:06:41 PM
I did see on the news Monday night where people are now talking about a Biden-Michelle Obama ticket. Will be interesting at the Democratic National Convention to see how this combination will play out.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline lorenzokb

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-2
Reply #181 on: April 29, 2020, 09:53:20 PM
I did see on the news Monday night where people are now talking about a Biden-Michelle Obama ticket. Will be interesting at the Democratic National Convention to see how this combination will play out.

Nope.  DNC won't want to waste Michelle either against an unbeatable Trump.  I hate the guy but he is exactly what this country needed when he got elected and that will sustain him during this election cycle as well.  And his record to date helping all Americans will spill over to getting a majority in both houses of Congress again.  With Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi out of the race in California, Democrats really have no leader to speak of.

Online Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2969/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #182 on: April 30, 2020, 12:04:27 AM
And how much Clorox have you been drinking??

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #183 on: April 30, 2020, 02:11:50 AM
And how much Clorox have you been drinking??

Not enough apparently.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #184 on: April 30, 2020, 02:56:36 AM
Sorry, but Donald Trump is never what the country needed.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #185 on: May 01, 2020, 01:08:50 AM
Biden's accuser says mother called into 'Larry King Live' in 1993 for advice after alleged sexual assault

Joe Biden, Senator Biden at the time, actually "grabbed her by the pussy, sticking two fingers inside" his staff member in 1995, and has confirming witnesses, at least one of whom is a JoE supporter.

Should Joe Biden "release" his Senate Papers to the public? If not, why not?
Currently his Senate Papers are withheld from public view, at a Delaware Univ.

Will Democrats hire a law firm to defend the wannabe Nominee? Will Democrats "Believe The Women" when one of their own is the perpetrator? 

How long will KB Members IGNORE Biden's sexual behavior? When will reporters GRILL the former VP on this topic publicly, 60 Minutes Style, with the intent to get to the full truth? Grill him, like a Judiciary Committee grilling, like they did with Blasey Ford, with far less evidence, and NO accuser!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/politics/tara-reade-mom-larry-king/index.html

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #186 on: May 01, 2020, 03:10:47 AM

I'm disgusted by this and I believe there is something there.

And I think it's wrong that it's not being discussed on the news shows.   Judge Cavanaugh was all the news talked about during his confirmation hearings.  And I whole heartedly believe that was a slam job.  Biden hasn't received 1% of airtime that Cavanaugh did.   

Trump vs Biden, which assaulter do we want more.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #187 on: May 01, 2020, 07:54:33 AM
  One talked about grabbing, in a secretly recorded private conversation, locker room talk style... SEEMS good OLE JoE sank two of his fingers into his Staffer, then had her transferred from the job she trained for in his Senate Office, when she avoided contact with him.

The woman is now 58 I believe, and JoE is what, 79? So 20 odd years his Staffer's senior, and a sitting U.S. Senator who the staffer adored for his reputation, and did not wish to cause him trouble, was too shy to make a report, just lost her job, started over, and NOW is brave enough to tell the truth... and risk being savaged by the likes of those who found no issue with trashing the reputation of Justice Kavanaugh... still going after him to this day, with NOTHING, NOT ONE ACTUAL WITNESS, SUPPOSED WITNESSES SAID THEY HAD NO IDEA WHY THEY WERE ON THE LISTS.

Nancy Pelosi... why is she even being asked... she has no experience with the Senate... what does Chuckie say? And why is he not being asked, shouted at in public, demanded to have answers, along with every Democrat, demanded to take a hard position about a Senator jamming his fingers inside any woman...

Biden has a reputation, along with the crew of Ted Kennedy, and many more of his ILK... he is long overdue for a grilling, to give PROOF...
  When Barack Obama VETTED Biden for VP, just how deep did he dig? Or has Barack Obama covered for JoE all these years, needed a clown lighting rod who could bring PA with him in 2008?

There is time for a FBI investigation... I am sure Attorney General Barr could find some experienced and skilled, and neutral of course agents to tear into JoE, for his entire career... including his first wife's death, all the family money, any offshore accounts... lots to be explored with JoE...

And I think it's wrong that it's not being discussed on the news shows.   Judge Cavanaugh was all the news talked about during his confirmation hearings.  And I whole heartedly believe that was a slam job.  Biden hasn't received 1% of airtime that Cavanaugh did.   

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3094/-41
Reply #188 on: May 01, 2020, 05:06:40 PM

This isn't a criticism of what you wrote, but you have to keep in mind that there's an incomparable difference between the two sets of incidents/allegations. And that's notwithstanding the fact that #WhatAboutism is almost always illegitimate.

By this point, I've seen Kavanaugh-Biden comparisons dozens and dozens of times, and they're basically meaningless, chiefly because there’s a huge difference between Joe Biden’s and Brett Kavanaugh’s presence and prominence on the political scene — and in the news.

When President Trump nominated Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court in July 2018, Kavanaugh was almost completely unknown to the American public. The allegations against Kavanaugh were made during the course of investigations in to his suitability to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court. The allegations — believe them or not, deem them legitimate or not — were, in context, objectively worthy of further investigation. After all, that was the Senate Judiciary Committee’s main job, to find out more about an essentially unknown person in determining his worthiness to serve on the Supreme Court.

Joe Biden, on the other hand, has occupied a prominent place on the American political scene for more decades. He was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1973 — close to 50 years ago — and he rose to national attention in 1987 — more than 30 years ago — when he announced his candidacy for president in June 1987. While he quickly gained front-runner status, a series of controversies led him to abandon his campaign. About 20 years later, in August 2008, Biden was named Obama’s running-mate, and he would serve as vice president for eight years. On other words, Joe Biden was one of the most well-known political figures in the nation for decades, and “the media” has had more than three decades to examine Biden’s record.

Of course, ordinary citizens tend to be influenced by a long list of viewpoints in deciding whether or not to believe the allegations. And I won't pretend that I'm personally immune to that. I was inclined to believe the allegations against Kavanaugh, not only because he's a conservative and a Trump appointee, but chiefly because the accusation had the ring of truth to them. I don't know that the incident actually happened, but given the revelations of thousands and thousands of parallel revelations of frat boy shenanigans leading to sexual assault, the accusations seemed legitimate.

But the important point is this: Whether or not I believe the accusations against Kavanaugh is utterly beside the point. I'm not a U.S. Senator, nor do I sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee. My thoughts, my opinions, have zero bearing. They're just one opinion among millions.

The accusations against Biden are markedly different. In this case, my opinion, and the opinions of tens of millions of other Americans, are directly germane. Joe Biden is running for president, and when American voters enter the booths in early November (God willing), these allegations will directly affect their choices. About 135 million Americans voted in the 2016 presidential election, and all things being equal, a comparable number will vote this November. While a healthy percentage of them will vote along party lines, there are likely at least 30 million people who are "undecided," and for whom these accusations will play a role in their decision-making process.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

_priapism

Reply #189 on: May 01, 2020, 05:37:57 PM
While I certainly hope the allegation against Joe Biden has no basis in fact, the undisputed truth is that 17 women have already accused Donald Trump of sexual assault. It’s apples and oranges. Trump has no business in the White House. And we must remove him at all cost. I would vote for the Devil before I would vote to re-elect Donald Trump. I really don’t think there’s any difference at this point, except the Devil would likely do a better job.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #190 on: May 01, 2020, 05:40:46 PM
I’m unclear why Kavanaugh comes up as a comparison in the media.  If we’re going to engage in Whataboutism, how about the two people vying for the job of POTUS?

While it seems Biden has been a bit touchy feely in the past and made women uncomfortable, unfortunately that’s a generational thing that he’s acknowledged and has (at least attempted to) addressed.  Bush the elder was known for patting girls on butt if they had the misfortune to be standing within reach.

I didn’t read Biden’s statement on the allegation thoroughly, but I did see where he asked that the complaint (if it exists) be found in the National Archives and otherwise be investigated.  I obviously don’t know what happened or who to believe for this single instance of an #metoo episode.  I can’t say that about the dozens of allegations against Trump that include rape, and him caught on tape bragging about repeatedly doing what Biden stands accused of.  I certainly do believe the numerous women who have come forward accusing Trump of assault (the sheer number is a clear pattern) and do not believe Trump’s denials (as they stagger credibility).

So anyone thinking I won’t vote for Biden (and his woman running mate) because of this single allegation needs to put things in perspective.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #191 on: May 01, 2020, 07:12:27 PM
I’m unclear why Kavanaugh comes up as a comparison in the media.  If we’re going to engage in Whataboutism, how about the two people vying for the job of POTUS?

Because it was a Democratic attack on Trumps nomination.   I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the press.    It was wrong how much press that got in comparison to the press treatment Biden is getting.  Two ends of the spectrum.

I hate the way politics are today.  If you're Republican you hate everything Dem's do. If you're Democratic, you hate everything Repubs do.  Trump and he are both DOGS (as my father calls them), Cavanaugh wasn't.

I'm pro abortion.  My body, my choice.
I'm pro show your ID to vote.
I'm against illegal aliens.  Come legally.
I'm pro gun.
I'm pro popular vote.
I'm pro gay marriage.
I'm anti death penalty.

Every one here will have an issue with at least 3 of my stances.  I'm the most middle of the road person I know.   And it's why I don't post in politics.

Every one, and I'm not speaking of people here I mean everyone in our country, needs to stop seeing things in either Black or White (or Red or Blue).

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #192 on: May 01, 2020, 07:22:48 PM

Because it was a Democratic attack on Trumps nomination.   I was pointing out the hypocrisy in the press.    It was wrong how much press that got in comparison to the press treatment Biden is getting.  Two ends of the spectrum.

I hate the way politics are today.  If you're Republican you hate everything Dem's do. If you're Democratic, you hate everything Repubs do.  Trump and he are both DOGS (as my father calls them), Cavanaugh wasn't.

I'm pro gun.
I'm pro popular vote.
I'm pro gay marriage.
I'm anti death penalty.

Every one here will have an issue with at least 3 of my stances.  I'm the most middle of the road person I know.   And it's why I don't post in politics.

Every one, and I'm not speaking of people here I mean everyone in our country, needs to stop seeing things in either Black or White (or Red or Blue).

I’d say my only issue with your positions Jules is the ID laws pushed by the GOP only are targeted to suppress minority voting and have zero to do with voter fraud.  Figure out a way to make this a nonpartisan and fully functional way to verify identity during voting, and I’m all in.

I’d probably also refer to my position as ‘pro choice’.

Otherwise, I’m in complete agreement.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1624/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #193 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:25 PM
Most of the major news corporations tend to lean liberal. Then you have Fox, which is staunch conservative. I read two major newspapers a day, one liberal and one conservative. Very seldom will I find the both papers with the same story. That is a shame. Joe Biden's latest accusation against him has been widely reported in the conservative newspaper but gets scant mention in the liberal press. That is why it is so important to read both the liberal perspective and the conservative perspective in order to find some middle ground, or truth.  And forget the talking heads from both sides on their respective news shows!

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #194 on: May 01, 2020, 08:36:19 PM

I’d probably also refer to my position as ‘pro choice’.

Ummm, yeah, what Jed said.

I'm not Pro abortion.
I'm pro choice.   

Geez, that sounded bad.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #195 on: May 01, 2020, 08:53:28 PM

The Kavanaugh-Biden comparison has not come up in the mainstream media. It has come up in partisan media, and on social media. And the problem, of course, is that too many Americans today cannot distinguish between the two.

That's one of the main reasons why I loathe #WhatAboutism. In almost every instance, the comparisons are per se illegitimate.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #196 on: May 01, 2020, 09:06:46 PM

I'm pro gun.
I'm pro popular vote.
I'm pro gay marriage.
I'm anti death penalty.

I wouldn't call you "middle of road" at all. I'd call you someone who forms personal positions on an issue-by-issue basis. You're spot on when you note how many partisans, on either side of the aisle, buy a package of views, and asserts allegiance to them, regardless of what they personally believe (or, what's worse, without thinking about the issues before forming an opinion). So, props for that.

Since you asked, I DO disagree with you on three issues. But that's neither here nor there. We're two separate people, and the fact that we -- or anyone else -- disagree on some issues is basically irrelevant. Of course two people might have different or opposing views on certain issues. That's the norm, not the exception.

For the record, the clear majority of illegal aliens did enter the country legally. Close to 60% entered the country legally, and with the proper documentation, and simply overstayed their visas. And being "pro gun" doesn't really mean anything. For example, I believe that people who can demonstrate that they can legally purchase, keep, and use guns should be allowed by law to do so. But I also support strict gun control legislation, that allows this group to keep their guns, and keeps all others from owning or having them. Does that make me pro-gun or anti-gun?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:30:08 PM by MissBarbara »

_priapism

Reply #197 on: May 01, 2020, 09:20:41 PM
After the socially liberal and progressive 60’s and 70’s, the 1% got together and realized that for only a few billion dollars they could buy the US government.  Ronald Reagan was their Trojan Horse.  Who could hate the gipper?

It succeeded beyond their wildest expectations, and each cycle, they have grown more bold. Other than euphemistic bill names, like the CARES Act, they don’t even pretend to give a shit anymore.  How does such a relatively small minority wield so much power?

1.  Money. Citizens United.  Giving money to politicians is now equatable to free speech.

2.  Fear.  They are going to take your weapons.  Your daughter will marry a black man.  Gays will recruit your children.

3.  Deflection.  The us vs. them.  Minorities, immigrants, gays, women... they’re all taking your jobs, your security, your taxes.  Never mind that ten families hold half the wealth in this nation, the *real* problem is single moms getting AFDC.

4.  Propaganda.  Wrap it up in a flag, and sell it on Fox News.  It is unpatriotic to protest, to question the government, to want equal treatment and opportunity for all.  If you don’t like it, go back where you came from!

5.  Stupidity.  I’m sure the alt-right dudes who get paid to post here all have mothers.  I assume they are capable of charity and empathy.  But they are batting for a team that despises them, that will never let them have a seat at the table, or membership in their clubs, or god forbid, date their daughter.  I’m a former GOP operative.  My ex wife was political affairs coordinator for a Republican US Senator.  I’ve sat at more $1,000/plate fundraisers than I care to count.  They are laughing themselves silly at you.  You.  The sad people who go out and vote against your interests in every single fucking election, because some website or blonde with a bad boob job makes you feel like you have the “inside information.”  Well, you don’t.

The real reason the right hates education is that stupid people are easier to fool, easier to lead.  They don’t ask the tough questions.  With each level of education, high school, college, masters, doctorate, the percent of people who identify as liberal or progressive increases.  The right has been dismantling public education for thirty years, attacking institutions of higher learning, and creating their own institutions where creationism, climate denial, and prayer as a solution are taught.  We will all pay the price.  But who gives a shit really?  Grandparents should die from COVID-19 before the economy is hampered.  Our grandchildren should be burdened with a catastrophic national debt, before corporations and the wealthy are required to pay a fair tax burden.

“ Every nation gets the government it deserves.” — Joseph de Maistre
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:23:44 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #198 on: May 01, 2020, 09:44:24 PM
I belive every accuser has the right to be heard and the alleged incident investigated.  I do not think every alleged incident should be automatically belived. I've known a few people to lie about such things for various reasons to believe automatically anyone's accounts.  They need to be investigated.

My biggest gripe about Kavenaugh's confirmation is that the charges were not thouroghly investigated, seemed belivable, and Kavenaugh himself acted like an angry drunk when asked questions by the Judiciary Committee, raging about liking beer and the far-left being out to get him. (Whenever I hear the accusation "far-left" applied to anyone in our government it destroys the accuser's credibility IMO.)

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #199 on: May 02, 2020, 04:04:21 AM
Tara Reade Is Joe Biden’s
Eighth Accuser

JOHN NOLTE1 May 2020

Tara Reade is Joe Biden’s eighth accuser, not his first, not his only. The fake news media want you to believe Reade is Biden’s only accuser, and that’s because there is no lie the media will not tell to protect the presumptive Democrat nominee.

But seven other women — seven! — none of them Republicans, have accused Joe Biden of everything from sexual assault to unwanted kissing to inappropriate touching.

Tara Reade
Reade claims Biden sexually assaulted in a hallway while she was working for him in 1993. According to Reade, Biden pinned her against a wall, shoved his hands up her skirt, and his fingers into her vagina. Reade has no fewer than five contemporaneous witnesses who say Reade told them about the assault at or near the time it happened. There is also video of Reade’s anguished mother calling into a 1993 edition of CNN’s Larry King Live desperately seeking advice for her daughter’s problems with a “prominent senator. ”

Biden denies the allegation but is refusing to open his archives at the University of Delaware where a copy of Reade’s sexual harassment complaint might be filed.

Tara Reade is a lifelong Democrat.

Lucy Flores
Last year, Flores, a former Nevada Assemblywoman, accused Biden touching and kissing her:

I felt two hands on my shoulders. I froze. “Why is the vice-president of the United States touching me?” I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head.

Flores is a Democrat.

Amy Lappos
Lappos claims Biden pawed at her during a 2009 fundraiser:

It wasn’t sexual, but he did grab me by the head. He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth.

Lappos is a Democrat.

Vail Kohnert-Yount
“Vail Kohnert-Yount alleged that when she was a White House intern in the spring of 2013, Biden ‘put his hand on the back of [her] head and pressed his forehead to [her] forehead’ when he introduced himself, and that he called her a ‘pretty girl,’” reports The Cut.

Kohnert-Younh was interning at the Obama White House at the time.

Caitlyn Caruso
Former college student and sexual assault survivor Caitlyn Caruso says Biden placed his hand on her thigh for an uncomfortable amount of time.

Incredibly, this happened during a 2016 event on sexual assault.

This might seem like a small thing, but who puts their hand on the thigh of a woman who is not his significant other?

D.J. Hill
Hill says Biden got so handsy with her, her husband was forced to intervene:

Writer D. J. Hill told the Times that Biden moved his hand from Caruso’s shoulder down her lower back, which made her uncomfortable at an event, causing her husband to intervene.

Hill told her story to the far-left New York Times last year.

Sofie Karasek
The Cut:

In 2016, Sofie Karasek was photographed holding hands and touching foreheads with Biden at the Oscars, where she stood alongside 50 other sexual-assault survivors during Lady Gaga’s performance. It was a moment that soon went viral, and was described then by the Post as “powerful.” But in the Post’s report published this week, Karasek says she believes that Biden violated her personal space.

Karasek is also a sexual assault survivor.

Ally Coll
All Coll says she was made uncomfortable by Biden’s unwanted touching at a 2008 reception. He squeezed her shoulders and complimented her smile for an amount of time that made her uncomfortable.

You can also add a number of women and children who might have accused Biden of inappropriate behavior, but we still have countless videos and photographs of Biden touching them in ways that are wildly inappropriate and make the recipients noticeably uncomfortable.

Obviously, not all of these allegations rise to the level of assault. But these are not Republicans coming forward to accuse Biden. These are Democrats and women we can assume are at least left-leaning.

What one can glean from these eight allegations and all those videos is that even in full view of the public, at best, Biden has an appalling sense of entitlement when it comes to touching, caressing, and even kissing women.

And if this is how Biden behaves in public, one can only imagine what goes on when the Creep Veep believes no one is looking.