Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #200 on: May 02, 2020, 09:01:08 AM
‘Westworld’ Star Evan Rachel Wood Backs Rose
McGowan’s Stand Against Democrats

DAVID NG1 May 2020

Westworld actress Evan Rachel Wood is the latest star to break ranks with Hollywood’s left-wing elite by backing fellow actress Rose McGowan’s recent stand against Democrats and the media in the wake of Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden.

Evan Rachel Wood tweeted her support of Rose McGowan, writing “I have to say this is… spot on,” in response to McGowan’s recent statement describing her disillusionment with the left-wing establishment, calling them a “cult.”

McGowan wrote in a tweet on Thursday that she has experienced a political wake-up call in light of Reade’s accusations against Biden and the mainstream media’s efforts to downplay them.

“Republicans have always been painted as the bad guys, and I’ve always seen them more as a cult, but now I realize so are democrats and the media,” she wrote.

In a separate statement on Saturday, McGowan called out the mainstream media, women’s groups, LGBTQ news outlets, Oprah Winfrey, and even feminists like Gloria Steinem for their continued backing of Biden’s campaign.

“Fuck you to the silent media, fuck you to women’s groups, Gloria Steinem, & fucking take ass Oprah, fuck you,” she wrote. “All of you crow about your bravery yet you do nothing.” She also accused the New York Times of sitting on its Tara Reade investigation until Biden became the presumptive Democrat nominee.

“Those bunch of cunts,” McGowan wrote. “I hate cowards. I hate liars, and I really hate rapists.”

Like McGowan, Wood has previously stated that she is the victim of sexual assault, writing in a 2016 tweet that she has been raped twice. “Yes. I have been raped,” she wrote. “By a significant other while we were together. And on a separate occasion, by the owner of a bar.”

Wood also testified before members of Congress in 2018 about her experiences.

“Even though these experiences happened a decade ago, I still struggle with the aftermath,” she said. “My relationship suffers, my partners suffer, my mental and physical health suffer. Seven years after my rapes — plural — I was diagnosed with long-term PTSD, which I had been living with all that time without knowledge about my condition. I simply thought I was going crazy.”

Tara Reade has alleged that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993 when she was working as a Senate staffer, claiming that Biden used his fingers to penetrate her against her will.

Biden broke his long silence on the allegations on Friday, saying on MSNBC that “it never, never happened.”

The Democrat candidate has garnered widespread support in Hollywood from celebrities and executives. But in recent days, a few major names have begun cautiously expressing their reservations about the presumptive nominee.

Sarah Silverman recently called out Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) for her support of Biden, while actress Susan Sarandon has retweeted articles that back Reade’s accusations.

Sarandon has also praised a Democratic challenger to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), after Pelosi officially endorsed Biden.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Online Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #201 on: May 02, 2020, 02:50:21 PM
So trumper says to Biden, he says, "I guess I'm sticking up for him... go out and fight it."

Awe.... who would have thought that sexual assaults would bring the two parties together  :facepalm:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3092/-41
Reply #202 on: May 02, 2020, 05:40:08 PM

I believe every accuser has the right to be heard and the alleged incident investigated.  I do not think every alleged incident should be automatically believed. I've known a few people to lie about such things for various reasons to believe automatically anyone's accounts.  They need to be investigated.

My biggest gripe about Kavanaugh's confirmation is that the charges were not thouoghly investigated, seemed believable, and Kavanaugh himself acted like an angry drunk when asked questions by the Judiciary Committee, raging about liking beer and the far-left being out to get him. (Whenever I hear the accusation "far-left" applied to anyone in our government it destroys the accuser's credibility IMO.)

Those are all great points, and I agree with you across the board.

I think your point about how accusations/allegations should be taken seriously, but not necessarily "believed," is especially germane.

As the Right is now fully engaged in #WhatAboutism, clamoring and complaining about how Biden is treated with kid gloves while Kavanaugh was subjected to a "high-tech lynching," they seem to miss a very important point: Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed by the Senate, and he currently sits on the Supreme Court.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #203 on: May 02, 2020, 05:41:57 PM
After the socially liberal and progressive 60’s and 70’s, the 1% got together and realized that for only a few billion dollars they could buy the US government.  Ronald Reagan was their Trojan Horse.  Who could hate the gipper?

It succeeded beyond their wildest expectations, and each cycle, they have grown more bold. Other than euphemistic bill names, like the CARES Act, they don’t even pretend to give a shit anymore.  How does such a relatively small minority wield so much power?

1.  Money. Citizens United.  Giving money to politicians is now equatable to free speech.

2.  Fear.  They are going to take your weapons.  Your daughter will marry a black man.  Gays will recruit your children.

3.  Deflection.  The us vs. them.  Minorities, immigrants, gays, women... they’re all taking your jobs, your security, your taxes.  Never mind that ten families hold half the wealth in this nation, the *real* problem is single moms getting AFDC.

4.  Propaganda.  Wrap it up in a flag, and sell it on Fox News.  It is unpatriotic to protest, to question the government, to want equal treatment and opportunity for all.  If you don’t like it, go back where you came from!

5.  Stupidity.  I’m sure the alt-right dudes who get paid to post here all have mothers.  I assume they are capable of charity and empathy.  But they are batting for a team that despises them, that will never let them have a seat at the table, or membership in their clubs, or god forbid, date their daughter.  I’m a former GOP operative.  My ex wife was political affairs coordinator for a Republican US Senator.  I’ve sat at more $1,000/plate fundraisers than I care to count.  They are laughing themselves silly at you.  You.  The sad people who go out and vote against your interests in every single fucking election, because some website or blonde with a bad boob job makes you feel like you have the “inside information.”  Well, you don’t.

The real reason the right hates education is that stupid people are easier to fool, easier to lead.  They don’t ask the tough questions.  With each level of education, high school, college, masters, doctorate, the percent of people who identify as liberal or progressive increases.  The right has been dismantling public education for thirty years, attacking institutions of higher learning, and creating their own institutions where creationism, climate denial, and prayer as a solution are taught.  We will all pay the price.  But who gives a shit really?  Grandparents should die from COVID-19 before the economy is hampered.  Our grandchildren should be burdened with a catastrophic national debt, before corporations and the wealthy are required to pay a fair tax burden.

“ Every nation gets the government it deserves.” — Joseph de Maistre

On the money, except I’d have emphasized how the 1% (or more like the 0.1%) hornswoggled the religious people.  That succeeded well beyond their wildest expectations.  And at first that was just about making all the polite noises about their causes, like opposing choice but never really doing anything.  However, then they went all in.  I mean what do they care, if you’re rich, an unwanted pregnancy has monetary solutions.  And now the majority of the GOP is drinking the Koolaid with equal enthusiasm to their constituents, all the while the wealthy make them dance to their tune like puppets.

Meanwhile Bubba will keep pulling the GOP lever, cluelessly making his life worse, not better.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 05:44:52 PM by Jed_ »

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #204 on: May 02, 2020, 05:44:19 PM

‘Westworld’ Star Evan Rachel Wood Backs Rose
McGowan’s Stand Against Democrats

This sounds exactly like what Seveninchblues was taking about here:

http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?topic=70979.msg573631#msg573631

I guess you believe that celebrities DO need our love...and out attention...

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #205 on: May 02, 2020, 06:51:37 PM
Does anyone really believe what actors espouse? Or care?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #206 on: May 02, 2020, 07:05:45 PM
It is true Joe is a touchy-feely kind of person. Personally I like huggers. It's  a shame that some people have come to think of this kind of behavior as akin to sexual assault.

_priapism

Reply #207 on: May 02, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Evan Rachel Wood can make me espouse anytime.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #208 on: May 02, 2020, 07:10:53 PM

Does anyone really believe what actors espouse? Or care?

Yes, that was my point...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #209 on: May 02, 2020, 07:33:51 PM

It is true Joe is a touchy-feely kind of person. Personally I like huggers. It's  a shame that some people have come to think of this kind of behavior as akin to sexual assault.

Part of "the lesson" of the #MeToo is that some words or actions, even if they're not necessarily unacceptable, should still be avoided if they make the other person uncomfortable. There likely isn't anything wrong with Biden's being "touchy-feely," but if by doing so he makes a woman uncomfortable, he shouldn't do it.

You're right, that's not sexual assault. But Tara Reade's most recent allegations are of over sexual assault, and are not the result of being "touch-feely." Yes, their allegations or accusations, but they shouldn't be gainsaid.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #210 on: May 02, 2020, 08:19:29 PM
I agree, the lesson learned is to ask permission first before hugs and stuff. But most of what Biden did is before this became common wisdom.

And it is Bidens history of being merely touchy-feely, and not gropy-feely, that makes  Tara Reade's account questionable.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #211 on: May 02, 2020, 10:42:53 PM
  Where is the line, as you say... jamming 3 fingers into a young Staffer may be OVER the line, but kissing and breathing into her ear, and jamming two fingers into his young, adoring, Staffer... the one who helps train his Senate interns... is allowed, and besides, she knew what the job entailed, right?

One finger jammed inside was "just fiddling", everyone does it... four fingers is a bit too much, even Doctor Jill would agree, am sure... Why, even Senator Chris Dodd would even hesitate to give a full reference, if there were pics...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #212 on: May 02, 2020, 11:28:35 PM
Sorry Joan, I'm doubtful what you are talking about happened.  It does not match his prior behavior.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #213 on: May 02, 2020, 11:59:59 PM
Understand you are 'over the moon' about Joe Biden becoming our President, and you have no concerns about his habits, and his mental state, today or ever.

You and the Democrat Media in it's entirety will insure he is not pestered by his past in any manner. Squandering, or allowing others to squander, the 'Stimulus' money following the Market Crash after JoE and Barack's election, when there were no 'shovel ready jobs' despite promises, will count in JoE's favor of course...

Along with getting a Status Of Forces Agreement w/Iraq, the task Biden was assigned by President Obama, to prevent the formation of ISIS/DASH, and the mass flooding of Europe, here as well, with Jihadi's, legal and illegal, JoE's past accomplishments will no doubt be fed to us all by revisionist media, online until November of this year, with little criticism other then the usual suspects.

So I expect you will get your wish and see a Cabinet staffed by DNC rosters as far back as anyone may imagine.  Bernie Supporters, screwed again, will just have to lump it, knuckle down, do the right thing, and vote in droves for the people who have ignored them during the Obama/Biden years, and who will be expected to ignore them in any Biden Administration.

May your dreams come true, Lois.

Sorry Joan, I'm doubtful what you are talking about happened.  It does not match his prior behavior.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #214 on: May 03, 2020, 04:55:48 AM
  Democrat Senate and House Staff should know not to wear a dress when interacting with their elected boss, but rather to fortify themselves against the penetration such elected officials may be prone to attempt.

No one ever attempted to finger fuck Nancy Pelosi, or Diane Fienstein, in the Nations Capital hallways... those women know how to protect their dignity from the likes of Male Senators and Congressmen as can be proven by the lack of complaints such dignified Office Holders have filed.

No touchy Gropey business with those properly dressed women, you betcha.
Tara Reade must have done something to make Senator Biden think she was fair game for some Gropey business... even she says Senator Biden, when he was rejected, she pulled his hand out of her knickers and closed her thighs in quick order, and Biden is quoted as saying, hey, I was told you liked me...

Like Lois, young Senate Staffer Tara Reade did like the Senator, adored him in fact, and actually believed she was safe in the Capitol halls and offices near her boss... Lois could have told her, Senator Biden is Creepy, but he will draw the line at buzzing your hair, and breathing down your back, and neck or possibly pull your hand toward his pants sometimes.. but he's not beed caught groping women, grabbing them by the pussy, so to speak, by anyone believed when they made such an accusation...

Pay no attention to those other 8 or 9 women we know about, reporters know about, stories have been put into print about over the years... of course most of those assaults happened long after he finger fucked young Tara Reade, and got away with it back in the early to mid '90s... those women met a more bold and experienced, and more Senior Senator, when they were groped, fingered, or worse...

Same for the Secret Service Officers who guarded the Senator, then Vice President, when he walked naked in front of them, showing off his junk and made them smile, so he says... like you said, Lois, no one you believed ever complained, so it must not have happened... and even if it did, it would not be in the SECRET papers now being protected from review by Univ. of Delaware and by JoE Biden's refusal to make the papers public, fearing Political use by his opponents...

I mean calling for a Senator to release such personal items would be like a call to a sitting President to release his Tax Returns, and other personal docs.
No Democrat or politician would even think such a demand was in bounds...

I agree, the lesson learned is to ask permission first before hugs and stuff. But most of what Biden did is before this became common wisdom.

And it is Bidens history of being merely touchy-feely, and not gropy-feely, that makes  Tara Reade's account questionable.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #215 on: May 03, 2020, 09:38:07 AM
Biden has been in the public eye for many, many years, and sexual assault simply seems to be out of character. 

However, I still think this allegation needs to be investigated thouroughly.

Maybe you should compare Biden to what we know about Trump, who has boasted about comitting suxual assault.  Or have you forgotten Mr. Grab 'em by the Pussy?

Offline lorenzokb

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-2
Reply #216 on: May 04, 2020, 01:50:15 AM
Sorry, but Donald Trump is never what the country needed.

Well, not what the liberals needed anyway.  But to limit of the establishment GOP and DNC influence in government to start legislating for the good of the country instead of the interest groups, yes, he is exactly what this country needed.  And maybe, just maybe, his successes will return the house to the GOP and that will aide in our economic recovery as a nation after the vicious Chinese government virus attack on the USA and the world.

And maybe, just maybe, California will pay attention to what Nancy Pelosi is trying to do to small businesses in this country, including California, and put us out of our misery and elect someone, Democrat or Republican, interested in helping business and the economy recover. 

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #217 on: May 04, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor
If we must blindly accept every allegation of sexual assault, the #MeToo movement is just a hit squad. And it's too important to be no more than that.
by Michael J. Stern

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #218 on: May 04, 2020, 09:40:48 PM

Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor

If we must blindly accept every allegation of sexual assault, the #MeToo movement is just a hit squad. And it's too important to be no more than that.
by Michael J. Stern

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

Thanks, this is an interesting, well-argued, and level-headed analysis of this situation.

Of course, no one who supports Trump or opposes Biden will change their minds after reading it.

But that's entirely different situation...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #219 on: May 10, 2020, 11:11:41 PM

So now the sexual assault claim has been investigated, and we all have reason to doubt.

Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer for Joe Biden, has told a bunch of different stories about an alleged sexual assault involving Joe Biden. Back in 2019, the Associated Press interviewed Reade, and she said that roughly 27 years ago, Biden made her "uncomfortable," and the discomfort involved "inappropriate touching." She never once mentioned sexual assault until 2020, after Biden became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Reade claims she filed a report with the Congressional personnel office, but only after Biden agreed to allow any documents to be released did Reade conveniently remember that she never actually accused him of sexual assault OR harassment in the report.

So what is the motive here?

Reade seems to have, or have had, a strange obsession with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In an op-ed titled  “Why A Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin.” posted on Medium in 2018, she wrote, “President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.”

Since the Biden assault story broke, she has insisted she was merely writing a novel about Putin, but the Medium post was pretty clearly a political screed. She claimed that she quit working for Biden because she loves “Russia with all my heart” and was sickened by “the reckless imperialism of America.”