The President Biden Thread: All Things President Joe

joan1984 · 18259

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #360 on: November 25, 2020, 03:42:17 PM
I think president-elect Biden is off to a good start in naming who will fill key posts. Bright men and women, mostly moderates, and more representative of what our country looks like.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #361 on: December 03, 2020, 06:20:38 PM

That about sums up the detachment from reality.

_priapism

Reply #362 on: December 03, 2020, 08:09:13 PM
What do you think of Biden's cabinet picks?

It's weird.

Not one of Biden's picks are named Biden.

Not one of them is married to a Biden.

Not one of them has been convicted of criminal activity.

Not one of them were even accused of defrauding a charity, for God's sake!

And, on the other hand, they all bring a ton of experience relevant to their jobs!

I mean, not even pooty Hunter! For all the noise about him during the campaign, you'd think he'd at least get a position as a senior White House advisor, but no! His name hasn't even been in the news once since the election!

I dunno man, this all seems very fishy to me…

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1323/-3
Reply #363 on: December 03, 2020, 08:15:01 PM
I agree Toe...hell of a way to run a railroad. :roll:

For all the great progress President Biden is making, nearly half the country is ready to oppose him. And I not even mentioning the Senate.

Come on Georgia... do a big flip on those last two seats.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #364 on: December 05, 2020, 02:21:41 AM
Trump is now saying Biden can’t be president because just like Obama he wasn’t born in the U.S.  He’s from Vulcan.

OK, just a joke.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #365 on: December 11, 2020, 05:56:28 PM
Hey crooked Donny, how about this bite in your lyin’ ass!

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #366 on: December 11, 2020, 07:14:57 PM
I agree Toe...hell of a way to run a railroad. :roll:

Yes, and after Trump did all that amazing work to bring us within a sliver of the apocalypse, making America as great again as it was billions of years ago before plants and animals evolved to live on land. Sad. I for one was looking forward to a post-apocalyptic hellscape where the few surviving terrified humans are hunted to extinction by viscious rape gangs fetooned with corporate logos. Ah, so near. So near!

Well, there's always 2024. And four years after that. And four years after that. I love you, Citizen's United.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3092/-41
Reply #367 on: December 11, 2020, 10:03:27 PM

To be fair:

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #368 on: December 11, 2020, 10:51:15 PM

To be fair:

To be fair:

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #369 on: December 13, 2020, 01:06:47 AM

To be fair:

To be fair:

Are you equating Biden and Harris with Hitler and Stalin?

Online Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #370 on: December 13, 2020, 01:37:30 AM
Thinking it's more of a "If Hitler and Stalin, could be person of the year, why not Trump". Statement.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #371 on: December 13, 2020, 04:30:56 PM
Time has put people of questionable character on their Person of the Year editions. If someone generates enough publicity, good or bad, Time weighs that in their selection process. Trump, being the narcissist that he is, keeps his name in the news and will keep up his shameful actions after he finally leaves the Oval office.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #372 on: December 15, 2020, 07:55:19 PM
  The Electors have voted, and Democrat Ticket Biden/Harris have the Majority, and sufficient Electoral Votes. The results are Official, by this action, and JoeBiden/KamalaHarris will become President/V.Pres on January 20, 2021.

Congratulations, all who supported, and/or voted for Biden/Harris!

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #373 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:27 PM
Thinking it's more of a "If Hitler and Stalin, could be person of the year, why not Trump". Statement.

Yes it was my dear.  Well that, and initially pointing out someone was obsessed with being Time person of the year, and it wasn’t Biden or Harris.  I’m almost certain Time did it to troll Tump.

And MissB is hardly clueless of any of that.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #374 on: December 16, 2020, 03:55:41 PM

Yes it was my dear.  Well that, and initially pointing out someone was obsessed with being Time person of the year, and it wasn’t Biden or Harris.  I’m almost certain Time did it to troll Tump.

And MissB is hardly clueless of any of that.

You're right, I'm fully aware of that.

The main point is that Trump was, undoubtedly and unarguably, the Person of the Year in 2016, and Time was absolutely correct in choosing him.

Still, comparing Trump with Hitler and Stalin is frankly silly. There are frankly zero bases of comparison between them. And at this point, ranting about Trump is very old news. In case you missed it, Biden won the 2020 election, fair and square, and by a significant majority in both the popular and electoral voting. Trump will no longer be president beginning on January 20th -- no matter what he and his supporters say.

Watcher writes:

Time has put people of questionable character on their Person of the Year editions. If someone generates enough publicity, good or bad, Time weighs that in their selection process. Trump, being the narcissist that he is, keeps his name in the news and will keep up his shameful actions after he finally leaves the Oval office.

It's not the "Saint of the Year Award" or the ""Moral Beacon of the Year Award," and questions of character are beside the point. And it has little to do with "publicity" and everything to do with newsworthiness and impact. Trump's election, like it or not, had enormous impact, and his election continues to reverberate today, four years later.

In fact, in 2001, Time chose NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani as Person of the Year, for the way he "handled" the 9/11 attacks. There was a strong backlash against that choice, both because Giuliani didn't really do anything, and because Osama Bin Laden -- a man of "questionable character" if there ever was one! -- had a far greater national and global impact then our hapless mayor.

I'm sure I'm far from alone in wanting to tell Republicans, "You lost, so move on." Perhaps its time we take our own advice and admit, "We won, so move on."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #375 on: December 16, 2020, 05:20:49 PM

Still, comparing Trump with Hitler and Stalin is frankly silly. There are frankly zero bases of comparison between them. And at this point, ranting about Trump is very old news.

Many years ago I read in Guns & Ammo magazine of all places an author stating (and I’m paraphrasing here), ‘You can tell who is losing an argument, because they’re the first to make comparisons to Hitler or Nazis.’

That said, just because Trump had his authoritative instincts ‘mostly’ thwarted doesn’t mean the comparison has no merit.  He tried to sic the DOJ on Hillary, Joe and Obama for imagined ‘crimes’ among countless other authoritative actions.

And as much as we wish it, he and his Trumptards aren’t going away for a very long time and will continue to damage and divide the country.  It won’t be ‘old news’ for a long time I’m afraid.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #376 on: December 16, 2020, 08:32:26 PM

Still, comparing Trump with Hitler and Stalin is frankly silly. There are frankly zero bases of comparison between them. And at this point, ranting about Trump is very old news.

Many years ago I read in Guns & Ammo magazine of all places an author stating (and I’m paraphrasing here), ‘You can tell who is losing an argument, because they’re the first to make comparisons to Hitler or Nazis.’

That said, just because Trump had his authoritative instincts ‘mostly’ thwarted doesn’t mean the comparison has no merit.  He tried to sic the DOJ on Hillary, Joe and Obama for imagined ‘crimes’ among countless other authoritative actions.

And as much as we wish it, he and his Trumptards aren’t going away for a very long time and will continue to damage and divide the country.  It won’t be ‘old news’ for a long time I’m afraid.

At the risk of splitting hairs, you outlined what Trump wanted to do and tried to do, and not what he did. "Authoritative instincts" notwithstanding, he failed.

Hitler, or any other dictator worth his salt, would not have abided by or been thwarted by the law; he would have simply arrested and executed Hillary, Biden, and Obama. He would have cancelled the 2020 election, and he would have suspended Congress, and disestablished the Supreme Court. And a cabinet member who disagreed with him wouldn't have been fired, he or she would have faced a firing squad.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #377 on: December 16, 2020, 09:30:09 PM
He failed largely due to how incredibly incompetent he was and is.  He tapped into something, something that is not going away just because he lost.  There are surely others taking notes that may not be as incompetent.

It’s pretty unlikely, I’ll grant you that.  Doesn’t mean we should let our guard down.  And I see nothing exaggerated or wrong about drawing parallels between Proud Boys brawling in the streets and burning Black Lives Matters banners from black churches and Brownshirts from the 1920s.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #378 on: December 17, 2020, 04:37:51 PM

It’s pretty unlikely, I’ll grant you that.  Doesn’t mean we should let our guard down.  And I see nothing exaggerated or wrong about drawing parallels between Proud Boys brawling in the streets and burning Black Lives Matters banners from black churches and Brownshirts from the 1920s.

Really?

You see no difference between a group of no more than 100-200 active members burning banners and an organized and government-sanctioned gangs of hundreds of thousands of men roaming the streets and committing murders?

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #379 on: December 17, 2020, 05:41:24 PM

Really?

You see no difference between a group of no more than 100-200 active members burning banners and an organized and government-sanctioned gangs of hundreds of thousands of men roaming the streets and committing murders?

I said ‘parallels’, not that there were no differences.  And I was referring to the Brownshirts before Hitler rose to power in 1933 (said 1920s), so not government sanctioned.  But Trump flying over the MAGAs that included his fervent supporters the Proud Boys to show support does actually does come off as government sanctioned.

And burning racial equality banners and burning books, po-tay-to po-tah-to.

Yeah I know, I’m a bit obsessed and Trump lives rent free in my head.  I just can’t relax my mind until he really is gone.  There’s so much potential for violence out there.  I do want this feeling of dread and anxiety to go away, hope it’s soon.