KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What's the fucking weather?

Lois · 225510

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2959/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3940 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:19 PM
As a resident of a northern tier state, please accept my deepest appoligizes that we were unable to keep our winter weather under control.

I must confess,
We didn't lose control, I sent it down there.

Muahahaha... <--(that's supposed to be an evil laugh)

Why?  Because misery loves company

Muahahahaha.   :emot_laughing:

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1768/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3941 on: February 16, 2021, 03:50:45 PM
power out. Wind chill well into the minus upper teens. why did I move from Phoenix?

Ugh. Power outages the worst in that weather.

I'm being told to expect 8 inches tonight.

Expect more...

Seriously, Toe.  Is your mind always in the gutter?

Well, I only got about 6 inches last night. A little disappointed.  To quote my girl Shania, "♫♪♪ That don't impress me much ♫♪♪."

I'll never forget the time I got 11 inches. It was an all day event. That was, WOW! I'll never forget that day. WHEW. I spent the whole day in bed begging for it to stop. It just kept coming and coming and coming.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3942 on: February 16, 2021, 03:57:08 PM
Scrolling on Imgur there is no shortage of posts making fun of the Texas weather.

I was surprised to find out about the power grid being able to handle AC cooling from 105F to 75F but not heating from 5C to 75C.  I get that it’s a larger temperature difference, just thought ACs used more power.

Meanwhile, 40s here today but going to 19F tonight.  We’ve been above freezing for a couple days, but that’s ending.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1320/-3
Reply #3943 on: February 16, 2021, 04:06:01 PM
We're going to zoom up above zero today. High of maybe 7 above. Been below zero for several days.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3944 on: February 16, 2021, 04:11:53 PM
I'm shocked to report it's almost already double digit positives here.  Sitting at 9° right now.

Like MJ, I remember a few years ago getting hammered with double digit inches in April... April of all months. It just wouldn't stop and when it was all said and done, I couldnt look anywhere without seeing the white stuff.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3945 on: February 17, 2021, 01:59:09 AM
Something tells me toe’s absence means he has no power.

_priapism

Reply #3946 on: February 17, 2021, 03:50:21 AM

It’s been going on and off all day.  Off at the moment.  Did I miss anything?

_priapism

Reply #3947 on: February 17, 2021, 03:54:07 AM

Seriously, Toe.  Is your mind always in the gutter?

A question that should never require asking.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3948 on: February 17, 2021, 04:53:30 AM

It’s been going on and off all day.  Off at the moment.  Did I miss anything?

Nope, nothing important.

_priapism

Reply #3949 on: February 17, 2021, 05:03:52 AM

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 05:07:03 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3950 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:08 AM
We received 18 inches of snow in less then 9 hours Monday afternoon and evening. Largest amount to fall since 1979 they said. We now have over two feet of snow on the ground and all of it fell this month. Of course, more snow expected tomorrow.  Winter is going out like a lion this year.

Toe, I thought the same when MJ said she was getting 8 inches but settled for 6..... 8) 8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3951 on: February 17, 2021, 04:10:34 PM

I'm betting having to ask for federal aid has a lot of Texas politicians as red in the face as their red MAGA caps. :D

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3952 on: February 17, 2021, 05:53:19 PM

I'm betting having to ask for federal aid has a lot of Texas politicians as red in the face as their red MAGA caps. :D

Just remember it’s the Democrats and their green new deal that’s at fault.  Meanwhile the countless wind turbines I saw last year passing through Minnesota I’m sure are sufficiently insulated and working fine.

_priapism

Reply #3953 on: February 17, 2021, 06:51:45 PM

Just remember it’s the Democrats and their green new deal that’s at fault.  Meanwhile the countless wind turbines I saw last year passing through Minnesota I’m sure are sufficiently insulated and working fine.

A good summary of what really happened...

Heather Cox Richardson
February 16, 2021

Most of Texas is on its own power grid, a decision made in the 1930s to keep it clear of federal regulation. This means both that it avoids federal regulation and that it cannot import more electricity during periods of high demand. Apparently, as temperatures began to drop, people turned up electric heaters and needed more power than engineers had been told to design for, just as the ice shut down gas-fired plants and wind turbines froze. Demand for natural gas spiked and created a shortage.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) told Sean Hannity that the disaster “shows how the Green New Deal would be a deadly deal” for the United States, but Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), the organization in charge of the state’s power grid, told Bloomberg that the frozen wind turbines were the smallest factor in the crisis. They supply only about 10% of the state’s power in the winter.

Frozen instruments at gas, coal, and nuclear plants, as well as shortages of natural gas, were the major culprits. To keep electricity prices low, ERCOT had not prepared for such a crisis. El Paso, which is not part of ERCOT but is instead linked to a larger grid that includes other states and thus is regulated, did, in fact, weatherize their equipment. Its customers lost power only briefly.

With climate change expected to intensify extremes of weather, the crisis in Texas indicates that our infrastructure will need to be reinforced to meet conditions it was not designed for.  And Republican control of critical infrastructure needs to be terminated.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3954 on: February 17, 2021, 10:27:49 PM
Meanwhile in texas...

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1768/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3955 on: February 18, 2021, 12:11:03 AM

Been speaking with my cousin-in-law in Austin. Still no power. pool frozen over, pump can't run because of no power so could damage. Just thing after thing going wrong.
I feel for you all. Thinking of you all.
 2021, not off to a good start.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #3956 on: February 18, 2021, 12:28:24 AM

Meanwhile in texas...

☝️☝️☝️ The photo in this meme was taken in Sweden, more than seven years ago.  There’s no evidence that Texas is employing helicopters to de-ice wind turbines, and appears to be part of a fake news effort initiated by discredited Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert and friends.

Texas only gets 10% of its power from wind turbines this time of year, and wind turbines have outperformed gas, coal, and nuclear generators this week.

Texas removed itself from the national power grid in 1933.  We get no power from other states, and we have no Federal regulation.

Our Texas Governor appointed three members of something called ERCOT (Energy Reliability Commission of Texas).  ERCOT is responsible for maintaining a *reliable* energy grid.  They ignored recommendations from a 2011 audit for seven years.  Last year, they did not conduct plant inspections.  Instead they had meetings with operators via Zoom.

So the Governor got caught with his pants down.  His response?  Blame green energy.  It’s the wind turbines.  The same ones Trump said cause cancer and kill birds.  Fucking a Republicans.  Why we can’t have nice things.

And my power is out again... 🤬🤬🤬
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:20:08 AM by ToeinH2O »

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3957 on: February 18, 2021, 01:03:30 AM
So it's been cold up here...like every winter. Our weather people still wet their panties and harp on and on about wind chills, frost bite, icy roads etc.

One reader of our local paper penned this letter which I've copied, leaving off the writers name. Thought it was cute and needed sharing.

Dear weathercasters,

We know that out of every 30-minute news broadcast, 42 minutes are devoted to weather. You kindly tell us that Joe's thermometer says it was -5 in his backyard in Grand Rapids, and Jane's thermometer showed -4 in Mankato. It's riveting. Riveting, I tell you.

But fer Pete's sake %u2014 it's winter. In Minnesota. It's been cold for a few days. Could you stop with the gushing, breathless delivery? It's cold. We expect it to be cold. It's going to be cold again. Then it will get warmer. Maybe even cold again. It's not a surprise!

Just give me the high, the low, what to expect for wind, temperature and precipitation over the next few days. That's it. That's all I need. If I want more, I can go to your website.

If you keep gushing, it's likely to freeze that way

OK... maybe funny up here. You guys down there who aren't prepared for this kind of weather, not so much. Take care.

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1843/-28
Reply #3958 on: February 18, 2021, 04:39:54 PM
As I sit in exile at a relatives, and unable to work (and get paid), unsure if my apt had broken pipes and ruined my few possessions, I and other Texans can take solace that our esteemed Senator, one Rafael Cruz, has taken his family to suffer along with us, to Cancun.
Me First.

one of the originals

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3959 on: February 18, 2021, 05:06:27 PM
As I sit in exile at a relatives, and unable to work (and get paid), unsure if my apt had broken pipes and ruined my few possessions, I and other Texans can take solace that our esteemed Senator, one Rafael Cruz, has taken his family to suffer along with us, to Cancun.
Me First.

Rule #1 -- Never think a politician cares about their constituents.

Stace - so sorry to hear of your predicament.  Hope the weather turns warmer and the power company gets power to all the homes to prevent any more destruction. More importantly,  when you return to your apartment, there will have been no broken pipes. Take care, my friend. :emot_kiss:

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.