KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 262029

IdleBoast

Reply #3240 on: August 22, 2019, 09:35:25 PM
A sudden thought, ten minute's design work and ten minutes posting on Facebook twenty minutes on the laser, ten minutes to the post office, and I'm £80 richer.

That works out at almost £100/hour!

I wish I could keep that up, I would only need to work four days a month to cover all the bills!

psiberzerker

Reply #3241 on: August 22, 2019, 11:37:12 PM
Laser cutting?

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3242 on: August 23, 2019, 02:28:16 AM

I'd guess engraving or etching, as cutting takes *loads* of power.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

psiberzerker

Reply #3243 on: August 23, 2019, 03:07:41 AM
cutting takes *loads* of power.

Depending on what you want to cut, yeah. 

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3244 on: August 23, 2019, 04:59:19 AM
My daughter decided to hug me for almost half an hour for no reason whatsoever other than doing it.  ;D

And just before she let go of me she whispered "you're the most important person in the whole universe to me."  :'(

She hasn't outgrown me just yet.  :facepalm:

IdleBoast

Reply #3245 on: August 23, 2019, 10:54:41 AM

I'd guess engraving or etching, as cutting takes *loads* of power.

Cutting - I use a cheap 40W CO2 laser that is perfectly happy cutting plywood up to 3mm thick, and acrylic up to 5mm.

I prefer vector engraving to raster, as it is far quicker on my machine.

(You'll forgive me if I don't include my company name here...)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3246 on: August 23, 2019, 03:39:06 PM
My daughter: Can you find an excuse for us to spend Saturday together?

Me: I don't need an excuse to be with you.

:D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3247 on: August 25, 2019, 04:43:21 PM
Did laundry last night with my sisters wifey.

She told me about when she was little and knew she liked girls that she would never get the girl of her dreams. But then she met my sister online and when she first saw her she knew the girl of her dreams was nothing even close to my sister.  :D

She told me how she went to sleep at night pretending my sister was with her and that she knew they would be together one day. But she never imagined she'd move to America, get married, have a gorgeous daughter and now about to start a career. Nor did she ever think she would have more family than she knew what to do with.  :D

She made me feel like shit for ever thinking my sister should have stayed boy crazy when she was younger so she didn't end up like me and our mommies.  :facepalm:

Can't imagine this family without the hot gay British girl.  :D

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3248 on: August 25, 2019, 05:09:55 PM
A relaxing day yesterday with family and friends.   Daddy and his friend.  Dan's parents.  Dan's sister and kids.  Our kids.   Hamburgers, Hotdogs, trampoline, yard games (Bocce champion here ;) ), Jarts (the original real ones).  And the kids in the pool.

Dan's sister was a bartender years back and is an excellent bartender.  She made a few Old Fashions.  She brought her own bitters.   They were deliciious.  

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #3249 on: August 25, 2019, 05:26:20 PM
I pulled a lawn dart (Not the same brand) out of my thigh once.  I didn't have the home-made Scutum covering it like I should have.  We pretended they're Plumbata, but you had to throw them pretty hard to stick in plywood.  

Then again, I had to pry a pellet out from between my brother's ribs, when we found out that they don't just bounce off a teeshirt like BBs.  We were lucky to make it through childhood with all 4 eyes.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:34:50 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1631/-3
Reply #3250 on: August 25, 2019, 08:23:12 PM

England beating Australia in the 3rd Test match when in a seemingly hopeless position. For anyone that thinks traditional 5 day cricket is boring then this is the game to watch.   ;D

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

Offline Indian Babe

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +80/-1
  • Learning the fine art of pervs
Reply #3251 on: August 25, 2019, 08:45:48 PM
Yes Obi, it was an exciting day 4, especially Stokes's heroics.
Another highlight today was P V Sindhu demolishing Japan's Okuhara 21 7, 21 7, and becoming the first Indian to win the World Badminton Championship.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3252 on: August 26, 2019, 02:59:59 PM
Wifey checking her Twitter.

Wifey: Hey, white girl, #EqualityCantWait is trending. Isn't it funny we complain there aren't enough women in charge of fortune 500 companies, but not that there should be more women trash collectors or women working on rooftops in hundred degree heat?

;D

psiberzerker

Reply #3253 on: August 26, 2019, 03:20:48 PM
Isn't it funny we complain there aren't enough women in charge of fortune 500 companies, but not that there should be more women trash collectors or women working on rooftops in hundred degree heat?

I've worked day-labor with a lot of women, including jobs like these.  (Not trash collection, but roofing in triple digit temps.)  IDK what they were payed, I didn't ask.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3254 on: August 26, 2019, 04:47:38 PM
Isn't it funny we complain there aren't enough women in charge of fortune 500 companies, but not that there should be more women trash collectors or women working on rooftops in hundred degree heat?

I've worked day-labor with a lot of women, including jobs like these.  (Not trash collection, but roofing in triple digit temps.)  IDK what they were payed, I didn't ask.

Well, astonishingly, they legally had to be paid the same amount for the same amount of work. It's been the law for a very long time.

psiberzerker

Reply #3255 on: August 26, 2019, 04:52:54 PM
Well, astonishingly, they legally had to be paid the same amount for the same amount of work. It's been the law for a very long time.

Of course, it hasn't been enforced for just as long.  

A lot of women, over decades of doing day labor.  I'm just going to say that I have my doubts that they were all payed as much as me, or more for the same shit work.

IdleBoast

Reply #3256 on: August 26, 2019, 07:35:12 PM
A hot, sunny weekend in a seaside town, walking the prom through crowds of pretty young things not wearing much.

But, see also...

A hot, sunny weekend in a seaside town...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3257 on: August 26, 2019, 07:42:31 PM
A hot, sunny weekend in a seaside town, walking the prom through crowds of pretty young things not wearing much.

But, see also...

A hot, sunny weekend in a seaside town...

We're hopeful the heat is over. We're looking at mid 70's for the long range forecast now until October. One day of 85. The past few days have been very nice and breezy. The other night I had to tuck my little ones in.  ;D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3258 on: August 27, 2019, 10:56:57 PM
Wifey: Why are they making a Matrix 4 when the last two sucked? And why are they letting their sisters do it?

Me: They're not.

Wifey: Says right here, white girl, Wachowski sisters. The brothers made the first three, though they should only really take credit for the first one.

Me: Babe, they don't have sisters.

Wifey: What?

Me: Snip snip.

Takes a minute to process.

Wifey: Oh! I get it. That's too bad, I was hoping their sisters might make better movies.

:emot_laughing:

;D

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3259 on: August 28, 2019, 05:05:35 AM
CJ's conversations with her wifey.

Wifey: Will you consider taking my last name?

Me: No.

Wifey: Why?

Me: Because I refuse to introduce myself with a Japanese last name.

Wifey: I introduce myself with your last name.

Me: I know.

Wifey: It's fine and all, but I really think we should change from yours to mine.

Me: No. It's perfect the way it is.

Wifey: What do I have to do to get you to consider it?

Me: I'll make you a deal. When Disney makes a star wars movie that people think is way better than the old ones, I will gladly change my last name from Anderson to Kitagawa.

Wifey: So the answer is a permanent no then.

Me: Yes.

:emot_laughing: