News:

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 262029

Offline ObiDongKenobi

• Global Moderator
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1631/-3
Reply #4840 on: October 20, 2020, 05:34:57 PM

After many years of trying to mend things with super-glue I finally found something it held together (apart from my fingers to themselves and the cap to the tube).

Princess, would you like to see it light up and hum when I wave it about

_priapism

Reply #4841 on: October 20, 2020, 09:38:22 PM

After many years of trying to mend things with super-glue I finally found something it held together (apart from my fingers to themselves and the cap to the tube).

I have a favorite coffee mug, but the handle broke off. It’s been sitting on the counter, with the superglue in an unopened package, for months. Not looking forward to gluing my fingers to something.  LOL.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3092/-41
Reply #4842 on: October 20, 2020, 10:15:03 PM

I have a favorite coffee mug, but the handle broke off. It’s been sitting on the counter, with the superglue in an unopened package, for months. Not looking forward to gluing my fingers to something.  LOL.

I've had a favorite spoon rest for years that's in the shape of a fish. I accidentally knocked it off the counter, and it broke into two pieces. It probably cost about $5, but sentimentality won out, and I dug out a tube of super glue. I carefully put a line of glue on the two broken edges, held them together for a while, and then set it on the counter to dry.

The next morning when I went to the kitchen, I went to pick it up to put it in its pace on the stove -- and it wouldn't budge. I had used too much glue, and it was now super-glued to the counter. And that's now its permanent place.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #4843 on: October 21, 2020, 12:54:45 AM
For some reason MissB I’m reminded of high school chemistry.  I arrived in class to find a liter bottle at my usual seat.  It was a dark grey color.  I went to move it aside just to discover it had been glued there.  Knowing that wasn’t right, I attempted to dislodge it using a lot more force.  I was successful.  Turns out it wasn’t glued at all; it was filled with mercury which 1 liter weighs 30 pounds.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:57:46 AM by Jed_ »

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1323/-3
Reply #4844 on: October 21, 2020, 12:30:46 PM
A story in the paper today really made my day.

A Black woman had tire trouble in a small Minnesota town where years before at a flea market someone used a racial slur against her. Years later, on her way to another flea market, she had tire trouble in that same town.

A tire had come off her trailer and she was about to pick it up when a voice yelled, "Stop!" he ordered her, Stubbs said. "Don't touch that! That tire's hot. You're going to burn your hand."

The woman put up her hands, thinking the person thought she was trying to steal something.

Instead the man helped her with the tire. Drove her 20 miles to a town where they could get the parts needed to repair the trailer, bought her lunch, then took her to his home to meet his wife.

As much as I loved this story, I'm sad that more stories like this aren't reported.

https://www.startribune.com/roadside-rescue-in-small-town-defies-a-larger-divide/572810212/

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2967/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #4845 on: October 21, 2020, 02:50:58 PM
I'm in the same boat, but in a different way.  Its upsetting that we NEED stories like this to try and counter all the bad things going on right now.

These "balance" stories shouldn't have to be in the news, it just be happening everywhere, and with that being said, thank you for sharing the article love, did put a smile on my face for a bit.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4846 on: October 22, 2020, 03:51:11 PM
I've decided I'm not doing a damn thing today.  The most work I plan on doing today is making a fresh pot of coffee.  If it takes more effort than that, I'm not friggin doing it. 8)

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1771/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4847 on: October 22, 2020, 04:26:12 PM
I've decided I'm not doing a damn thing today.  The most work I plan on doing today is making a fresh pot of coffee.  If it takes more effort than that, I'm not friggin doing it. 8)

That was my Sunday.  It was raining.  I had three guys watching football at the house.   I was in my sweats, sweatshirt and fluffy sock.  The most productive thing I did was try to make a cheesecake.  No laundry, no cleaning.  Just vegged as we used to say.

Enjoy your day, Shiela!

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4848 on: October 22, 2020, 04:30:33 PM
I've decided I'm not doing a damn thing today.  The most work I plan on doing today is making a fresh pot of coffee.  If it takes more effort than that, I'm not friggin doing it. 8)

That was my Sunday.  It was raining.  I had three guys watching football at the house.   I was in my sweats, sweatshirt and fluffy sock.  The most productive thing I did was try to make a cheesecake.  No laundry, no cleaning.  Just vegged as we used to say.

Enjoy your day, Shiela!

As long as the coffee keeps flowing I will. :emot_kiss:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1621/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4849 on: October 22, 2020, 07:28:40 PM

Enjoy your day, Shiela!

How did your cheesecake turn out?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4850 on: October 22, 2020, 07:33:33 PM

Sunday's went in the garbage.
Monday's went in the garbage.
Tuesday was award winning....

And I apologize for missing one of your PM's... the one about Fox and Fossils.  I received multiple PM's when I logged on the following day, but I only saw the ones on the new page in my inbox.  Not on the previous page.   Did this to another member also.

Sorry, I'll get used to the PM inbox someday, I'm kinda new here.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4851 on: October 22, 2020, 08:45:15 PM
Like they say, the third time is the charm..  Any samples to pass around?  8)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #4852 on: October 22, 2020, 10:28:52 PM
Friend of CJ's: You'll never guess what I just found.

CJ: Knowing you it's probably something gross or embarrassing.

Friend of CJ's: Both! Remember when we were all screwing around and got in trouble for public urination? I found the video we were making that night.

CJ:  :facepalm:

For the "criminal" record, I wasn't the one doing that.  :roll:

_priapism

Reply #4853 on: October 23, 2020, 01:21:56 AM
Feeling something called HOPE for our nation, for the first time in almost four years.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4854 on: October 23, 2020, 11:23:00 PM
Feeling something called HOPE for our nation, for the first time in almost four years.

I agree Toe. Now we just to need people to vote, though early voting and mail in voting are at record levels.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #4855 on: October 24, 2020, 12:58:09 AM

I agree Toe. Now we just to need people to vote, though early voting and mail in voting are at record levels.

I've made my decision. Everyone in this house who can vote has made theirs.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4856 on: October 24, 2020, 03:53:35 PM

I went to be at 11pm and woke up at 9:30.     10-1/2 hours sleep and I didn't wake up once.   I don't recall the last time I slept that long uninterrupted.   My daughter was out of bed before me and that NEVER happens.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1323/-3
Reply #4857 on: October 24, 2020, 03:59:42 PM
Good going Jules! Of course if this continues your membership in the "Can't Sleep Club" will be in jeopardy. :D

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #4858 on: October 24, 2020, 06:19:37 PM

I went to be at 11pm and woke up at 9:30.     10-1/2 hours sleep and I didn't wake up once.   I don't recall the last time I slept that long uninterrupted.   My daughter was out of bed before me and that NEVER happens.

I fell asleep before 11 p.m. and woke up at 7:30 p.m., and I didn’t wake up once in the night.  That’s the first time that has happened for me in a very long time.  I feel so good.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4859 on: October 24, 2020, 06:29:17 PM

I cannot remember the last time I slept for 10 1/2 hours though I think I did a couple of times when in the hospital and they gave me some really good stuff... ;D

With all that sleep I can imagine MJ mowing her lawn twice today..... ;D ;D ;D