Random Rants

Guest · 31420

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1615/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #560 on: February 26, 2021, 04:08:10 PM
I utterly hate paperwork.  A good portion of my job consists of paperwork. It's simply filing out forms and other things, and its pretty self explanatory and simple, but I still hate it.  Now I've got tax paperwork to deal with at home.  Hate it so damned much.  My dad says use turbo tax just simple and you can ask questions. I say to hell with all that. I will gladly pay whatever to Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block to take care of it for me.

FreeTaxUSA. Federal e-file is free. Very easy to use.  They also will e-file your state form for a minimal fee. The first year you use them, you input all the information they ask then every year after you just change the numbers according to your W-2, etc.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #561 on: March 04, 2021, 03:02:05 PM
Monday evening when we got home there was a trash can in the street near my driveway.  At first I thought it was someone else’s that blew there, but ours had blown all the way down the steep driveway without tipping over.

Trash pickup is Monday’s and Thursdays, so since it was half full I pulled it over to the curb for Thursday pickup.  This morning (Thursday) I see the can next to the house?

‘Did you bring the trash can up yesterday?’
‘Yes’
Our trash service merged with another, so I wondered out loud if they picked it up Tuesday or Wednesday and asked, ‘It’s empty?’
‘Yes.’
They picked it up Tuesday or Wednesday?’
‘I don’t know.’
‘But it was empty?’
‘Well that broken ice <snow> shovel was in it. And a couple bags.’
‘That’s not empty.’
‘It wasn’t full.’
‘’Why didn’t you wait for pickup before bringing it back to the house?’
‘I had another bag.’
Wouldn’t it have been easier to take the small bag of trash down rather than dragging the half filled can up that hill?’
<Inaudible angry response>
‘I thought it was out, now we missed pickup.’
<Inaudible angry response>

Is it hard to understand we pay for a trash pickup service and not a trash delivery service?  The trash goes one direction:  house > street
The empty can:  street > house

_priapism

Reply #562 on: March 04, 2021, 08:07:38 PM
You do need two college degrees to do many things at my home. Like take out the trash. Refill the toilet rolls. Put out paper towels, or napkins. Run the dishwasher. The reason I know that is that I am the only one at my house who does those things. I was sitting outside and noticed that someone had brought the recycle bin back up to the house. And the truck was rolling down the street. I missed them on the first pass, but I got it across the street, and they picked it up when they came back the other way. Science.

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1320/-3
Reply #563 on: March 04, 2021, 08:28:18 PM
I get good service when I order from Amazon.

What makes me rant is after I purchase something, I'm flooded with emails for the next few days trying to sell me what I just bought.

Come on Amazon! How many times do I have to buy something?

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2957/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #564 on: March 04, 2021, 10:13:53 PM
I get good service when I order from Amazon.

What makes me rant is after I purchase something, I'm flooded with emails for the next few days trying to sell me what I just bought.

Come on Amazon! How many times do I have to buy something?

I have a similar problem, but it goes for brick and mortar stores as well.  As soon as I purchase an item I needed or wanted.  By next week that same thing will be on sale for half off or something like that.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #565 on: March 05, 2021, 04:55:29 AM
For the past month or so we have been receiving packages from Amazon that has our address but not our name. After receiving  three packages in three days for that person we managed to talk to a live person who told us we could either donate whatever was in the packages, throw the stuff out or keep it. We opened the packages and they contained nothing we would want, let alone anyone would buy.

All was fine for a couple of weeks until we received a box from Amazon addressed to the same person. We called Amazon again and this time they said they would remove that name from our address. And nothing in the box was worth keeping.

Found out that this is not an isolated case.  About a half dozen other houses are experiencing this same issue,  one house having never purchased anything  through Amazon.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #566 on: March 05, 2021, 05:19:57 AM
Read an article a while back about a guy who I think lived in the UK recieved thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Amazon he never ordered.  HDTV, and stuff like that.  They said it was a glitch in their system and that he could keep everything.  Must be nice to be so filthy rich you can just oops away ten thousand dollars worth of stuff and not even care... and how come glitches never work in my favor.  The last glitch I was a part of ended up costing me money.  The utilities screwed up at my apartment and they were under charging me.  But they were nice enough to allow me to pay them what I owed in installments...gee... thanks pricks.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #567 on: March 05, 2021, 06:34:12 PM
None of the things we received would we have ever ordered. I thought some bored guy at Amazon was trying to rid the stockroom of items no one ever ordered. Sorry, no televisions or electronics. Just basically junk.

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-10
Reply #568 on: March 06, 2021, 12:43:43 PM
I read about that somewhere. It's basically a way for some less than ethical sellers to manipulate reviews or rankings. The article I read explained how it worked, but I don't remember the specifics, other than they sent out cheap stuff to real addresses and that legally you're under no obligation to return it. Amazon has a whole department that investigates that kind of stuff, but it still goes on a lot. Like a lot of other things on the internet, there are always those who will try to game the system to make a buck.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #569 on: March 12, 2021, 01:12:28 AM
So I had a mammogram done today.  My first one ever, and I'll tell you right now, it isn't the most painful thing that has happened to my breast, but it is very uncomfortable.  The machine alone looks like it's going to smoosh it flat and then try to twist it off.  How is it, that when I need a checkup of my bits, I have to either face down industrial machinery, or get cranked open like the doctor is about to go mining, yet the most complained about medical procedure I hear about is when guys have to get a prostate exam...

MsSlave you're excused from this rant love

Oh doctor stuck his finger in my bum...  when your butt doctor uses a speculum to open your butt to check things out on a regular basis then complain. Or, when you get checked for testicular cancer... use the mammogram machine.  Then maybe, just maybe I'll feel for you.

_priapism

Reply #570 on: March 12, 2021, 02:21:32 AM
So I had a mammogram done today.  My first one ever, and I'll tell you right now, it isn't the most painful thing that has happened to my breast, but it is very uncomfortable.  The machine alone looks like it's going to smoosh it flat and then try to twist it off.  How is it, that when I need a checkup of my bits, I have to either face down industrial machinery, or get cranked open like the doctor is about to go mining, yet the most complained about medical procedure I hear about is when guys have to get a prostate exam...

MsSlave you're excused from this rant love

Oh doctor stuck his finger in my bum...  when your butt doctor uses a speculum to open your butt to check things out on a regular basis then complain. Or, when you get checked for testicular cancer... use the mammogram machine.  Then maybe, just maybe I'll feel for you.

I decided not to go to medical school when they advised I couldn’t put a finger in the bum for every complaint.  Come on now... really?  I think a finger in the ass is the perfect way to check for sore throats and swollen glands.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #571 on: March 12, 2021, 03:10:20 AM
Can see it already.

"Dr. Toe, I think I have an ear infection."

"Drop your pants and bend over."

"Dr. Toe, your finger feels thicker toda-... OH, GOD YES!"

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #572 on: March 13, 2021, 07:36:55 PM
Nothing that can't be cured with a good orgasm as well.

Upset stomach? Orgasm! Stuffy nose? Orgasm! Split ends? Orgasm! :aol_cunnilingus:

_priapism

Reply #573 on: March 13, 2021, 11:03:27 PM
Can see it already.

"Dr. Toe, I think I have an ear infection."

"Drop your pants and bend over."

"Dr. Toe, your finger feels thicker toda-... OH, GOD YES!"

You’re too young to remember Fletch...

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #574 on: March 14, 2021, 04:57:05 PM
It's a quick one.

The sexual abuse I had endured years ago was really bad for me, but do you know what I never did, not once?

Blaimed pepe' Le Pew.

I'm offended by cancel culture, so can we cancel it now?  That's how it works right?

_priapism

Reply #575 on: March 14, 2021, 06:06:19 PM

It's a quick one.

The sexual abuse I had endured years ago was really bad for me, but do you know what I never did, not once?

Blaimed pepe' Le Pew.

I'm offended by cancel culture, so can we cancel it now?  That's how it works right?

I don’t follow right wing news sources or social media.  I can honestly say I have heard *nothing* about Pepe Le Pew, Mr. Potato Head, or Dr. Seuss, except from butthurt GQPers.  It seems to be a solution in search of a problem.  I haven’t thought of any of those things since my boys were children, maybe 20 years ago?  And yet here are people with their panties in a knot over a fictional skunk.  And cancel culture is nothing more than saying “I don’t like it when there are consequences.”  And they call us snowflakes?  Jesus Christ people.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1766/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #576 on: March 14, 2021, 07:53:37 PM

Seuss and Potato Head was all over the news in Detroit.  All local networks and national.

So what happened to Pepe?  He was so sweet?  I've heard nothing and before I google it, I can only guess.... 

He wouldn't take no for an answer?

Leave Pepe alone.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #577 on: March 14, 2021, 08:08:37 PM

Seuss and Potato Head was all over the news in Detroit.  All local networks and national.

So what happened to Pepe?  He was so sweet?  I've heard nothing and before I google it, I can only guess.... 

He wouldn't take no for an answer?

Leave Pepe alone.

Yep, he promotes rape and teaches young boys that no does not mean no as long as you persist.

They wont have him in the new space jam movie.

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1320/-3
Reply #578 on: March 14, 2021, 08:19:12 PM
Pepe has now been exiled to the Casbah.

No wonder I'm so screwed up. All those cartoons in my youth...all designed to warp our young minds.

No doubt it was those dang Red Commies forcing that on us.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #579 on: March 14, 2021, 08:39:07 PM
I had a creepy uncle do creepy uncle shit to me when I was young. I'm sure he didn't get the idea from any cartoons.

Also, a few years later I tried smoking cigarettes once. It wasn't Joe Camel or the Marlboro Man influencing me, rather it was seeing one of my grandmothers constantly have a cigarette in her mouth. I thought smoking must be good if she's going through several packs a day, but thankfully the resulting coughing attack I had made me realize otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:49:44 PM by ToeinH2O »