What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 259486

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1616/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #5160 on: January 31, 2021, 08:21:34 PM
MJ, I hope back home is not getting the snow we have been getting.  Least 10 inches with drifts higher then the snow thrower. And it is still snowing.  You may have to stay where you are for another week. Or month.  8) 8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1320/-3
Reply #5161 on: February 01, 2021, 10:55:47 PM
I've just been shot! Covid-19 vaccine! First dose, second scheduled for Feb. 22nd.

WOO me :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:05:31 PM by msslave »

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2958/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #5162 on: February 01, 2021, 11:07:22 PM
I've just been shot! Covid-19 vaccine! First dose, second scheduled for Feb. 22nd.

WOO me :D

Happy for you love

I haven't even thought about even checking on where I could go for the vaccine shot.  I figure I'mbway down on the bottom of the list of "who needs it", I'll wait until there is a surplus of vaccine.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5163 on: February 02, 2021, 04:12:12 PM
Heading to VA yesterday for my Covid shot, I got near the gate to the grounds. The street we totally blocked by a large flock of turkeys. Maybe 15 or more. 

They were just milling around, keeping me just short of the gate. Another car was trying to leave and was not able to make his turn without hitting a bird. Very slowly, one by one, the flock left the street to the opposite sidewalk.

Three Tom's were in charge of the flock and we're on alert should anyone dare try to interfere with their women. Standing tall, tail feathers spread, they looked formable.

The whole episode gave me a good laugh. I wasn't able to get out and grab a picture. Sorry.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5164 on: February 02, 2021, 05:33:29 PM
Happy to see you back MJ, and I hope you had a fantastic time enjoying the warm sun, beautiful sandy beaches, and the refreshing water. 

:Shiela fakes a sip of her coffee and mutters under her breath "lucky Bitch":

Online MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1768/-23
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5165 on: February 02, 2021, 08:09:11 PM
Happy to see you back MJ, and I hope you had a fantastic time enjoying the warm sun, beautiful sandy beaches, and the refreshing water. 

:Shiela fakes a sip of her coffee and mutters under her breath "lucky Bitch":

Thank you!   Sadly, wasn't really great weather.  Very windy so we didn't take the boat out in the Gulf or the Atlantic.  I enjoyed 3 sunrises out of the ocean.  And we went to a park that has a great view for a sunset.  Sunrises out of the ocean and into the ocean is in my top 10 favorite things to see.
The pool at our rental was wind protected, so I did have some tanning time.  Water was too cold.   We don't usually do beaches.  Wave runners and boating but as I said, didn't get any water time.   We did do Key West one day though.  Irish Kevin's is my favorite bar there.  The Sunset Celebration was very cloudy, but street entertainers are always fun. 

Hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you.  And still a bit sad for you that the Packers didn't make it in to the Super bowl game. 

:MJ fakes a sip of her hot chocolate and whispers under her breath "ho":

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5166 on: February 02, 2021, 09:55:30 PM

Thank you!   Sadly, wasn't really great weather.  Very windy so we didn't take the boat out in the Gulf or the Atlantic.  I enjoyed 3 sunrises out of the ocean.  And we went to a park that has a great view for a sunset.  Sunrises out of the ocean and into the ocean is in my top 10 favorite things to see.
The pool at our rental was wind protected, so I did have some tanning time.  Water was too cold.   We don't usually do beaches.  Wave runners and boating but as I said, didn't get any water time.   We did do Key West one day though.  Irish Kevin's is my favorite bar there.  The Sunset Celebration was very cloudy, but street entertainers are always fun. 

Hope the weather hasn't been too bad for you.  And still a bit sad for you that the Packers didn't make it in to the Super bowl game. 

:MJ fakes a sip of her hot chocolate and whispers under her breath "ho":

That's a terrible shame the weather wasnt ideal, but glad you were able to make do with what there was.  Almost always guaranteed a perfect sunset and sunrise when near the water. Obviously I'm a bit jealous of anybody who gets to spend off time in the sun near water.

I'm ok with them not making it to the super bowl.  I get my sunday free time back to myself.  Enjoy the family get togethers, but at some point it seems more like forced family fun.  My dad will have a super bowl party just to have one.  He'll be rooting for KC.  He always roots for the team that's playing against whoever knocked the packers out.

:Shiela gets up to get another cup of coffee muttering under her breath "pot meets kettle":
[/quote]

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5167 on: February 02, 2021, 11:03:09 PM

LOL'd at 'pot meet kettle'.  A woo because you had me laughing so hard.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #5168 on: February 03, 2021, 06:04:49 PM

Texas is ranked pretty close to the bottom in Covid vaccine distribution. Only about 1/3 of the vaccine we’ve received has actually ended up in someone’s arm. All of the sites are overwhelmed, and most of them have shut down.

My little brother found out about a little town that is a Texas approved distribution hub. He got on the phone today and waited in line, to get me a vaccine appointment tomorrow for the good Moderna vaccine, no less.

After sitting at home for ten months, I cannot imagine having some modicum of confidence that I will not end up at a hospital or die from COVID-19. And I guess my little brother does love me, after all.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5169 on: February 03, 2021, 06:37:09 PM
That is awesome Toe, made my heart smile

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5170 on: February 03, 2021, 08:54:07 PM

I guess my little brother does love me, after all.

Wooo

Of course he does

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5171 on: February 04, 2021, 01:36:16 AM

My friend sent me pictures of her new kitty.  He's such a character.

I'm so happy for her and her rescue kitty.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +431/-17
Reply #5172 on: February 04, 2021, 05:40:10 AM

My friend sent me pictures of her new kitty. 

*giggles*

:emot_laughing:

Sorry  :-[ :facepalm:

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5173 on: February 04, 2021, 05:50:32 AM

My friend sent me pictures of her new kitty. 

*giggles*

:emot_laughing:

Sorry  :-[ :facepalm:

Well I think that's fantastic. Love hearing about animals finding forever homes.  ;D

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5174 on: February 04, 2021, 11:47:46 AM
"A new kitty adopted. I approve." says Neville.

_priapism

Reply #5175 on: February 05, 2021, 02:10:49 AM
I got my first Covid vaccine today.  I had to drive 300+ miles round trip, and my arm hurts like hell, but hoping this will end 11 months of fear and uncertainty about coming down with the virus.

Online MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5176 on: February 05, 2021, 03:56:48 AM
I got my first Covid vaccine today.  I had to drive 300+ miles round trip, and my arm hurts like hell, but hoping this will end 11 months of fear and uncertainty about coming down with the virus.

I'm so happy.  This made my day also.

I was reading an article earlier about side effects during following the second shot.   Nothing to freak about, just be prepared as what to possibly expect.

"Side effects are just a sign that protection is kicking in as it should."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #5177 on: February 05, 2021, 04:00:52 AM

I'm so happy.  This made my day also.

I was reading an article earlier about side effects during following the second shot.   Nothing to freak about, just be prepared as what to possibly expect.

"Side effects are just a sign that protection is kicking in as it should."

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/02/second-vaccine-side-effects/617892/

Last time I was in the hospital, they had me intubated for 17 hours. I would have to say that was the worst 17 hours of my life. It made the open heart surgery look like a cakewalk.

So I’m not worried about side effects or other complications, I’m a pretty tough old bird. As long as I can eliminate the possibility of being on a ventilator for weeks, or dying in the hospital separated from my family, I’m gonna be OK.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 04:12:55 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5178 on: February 05, 2021, 11:40:18 AM
Didn't feel any effects from my first shot. Was with the Dr. Treating my leg infection (all cleated up). She said both she and her husband were down the day after second shot.

As to sore arm... move it a lot and stretch muscle so vaccine doesn't pool in one spot.

_priapism

Reply #5179 on: February 05, 2021, 04:08:22 PM

As to sore arm... move it a lot and stretch muscle so vaccine doesn't pool in one spot.

They told my brother to do that, and by day two, he couldn’t even raise his arm above his head. So I’m just taking it easy today.  I’ll go back on March 9 for dose #2.

I’ve got Super Bowl snacks to plan.