KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Question about getting feedback

DC2424 · 2318

Offline DC2424

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-0
on: June 28, 2011, 08:31:06 PM
My question is regarding just how much feedback can a person expect from posting on the Archive. I've written my first story and really would like some feedback on things like grammatical errors but also if I am in the right direction of writing good stories. I've never written a story from beginning until end and always failed grammar so I'm really worried if it's any good. Obviously I think it is, but that really doesn't mean much.

My love is of a birth as rare
As ‘tis for object strange and high:
It was begotten by Despair
Upon Impossibility.

KitKat

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 11:44:08 PM
If you are still here post a link to your story. There has been a lot more feedback being given lately.

Offline herschel

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +222/-1
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:03:31 AM
Any author who wants a frank appraisal of his or her story need only PM me and ask. I don't read all the stories as a rule, only those that appeal to my perhaps weird tastes. But whether I like the theme and plot or not, I can be a fair judge of style, grammar, plot kinetics, other things that help a story of any kind to go over well. I want to do whatever I can to make KB a super story site. They say those who can, do; those who can't, can at least offer fair criticism.

KitKat

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:11:00 AM
I don't read all the stories as a rule, only those that appeal to my perhaps weird tastes.

:emot_kiss:

Offline Johnny Johnson

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +27/-0
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 05:57:39 AM
If I can be constructive I will often give feedback.  Often though I don't do critical feedback since any attempt to write is better than not doing it all. 

I just found out my most resent posting was a disaster.  It was one I wrote sometime ago and I wanted to change it from past tense to present tense as well as just reedit some rough parts.  I posted a mid-corrected version not the final version, so it is a horrible mix of past and present tenses.  All the -ed words were corrected but not the supporting grammar. 

Offline Meatbot

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +114/-1
  • Just a bored old fart who writes shit.
    • ASSTR site
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:41:29 AM

I try to give feedback for every story I read; I know I appreciate it, and I assume others do to. As far as honesty, I never lie, but if it's really wretched and horrible I'll usually find something to praise. That's my personality at work, I hate to bring people down.

I'm amazed that some of my stories have been on here two years or more and have gotten absolutely no feedback. I suppose part of that is my fault for posting so much shit. And yes, I agree that some of it may be actual shit. The funny thing is, the few of my stories that I actually like and am mildly "proud" of get almost nothing, and the stories that I feel are knock-offs and possibly crappy get lots of replies. Well, that proves my theory that it's really hard to be objective about things you create.

I have no idea where to go with this comment from here.

'bot

------------------ My stories ------------------
http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=26255

Pervertedneighbor

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 08:12:00 AM
Feedback is not always the best thing in the world.  Sometimes it's kind of dumb.  Say you write a beautiful story about a married woman who discovers her lesbian side after a lunch date with a new friend... they end up in a very hot climactic scene at the main character's home.  Expect to see some moron respond with:

"Can't wait to see husband come home and join in." 

Offline Army of One

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +192/-2
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 10:32:16 AM
Feedback can be varied, from "This needs work" to "This is good" to Hades predicting the plot. Just post and you can work out from there what to use.

Extinguishing the Flame is available on Amazon and supports Australian Bush fire relief.

psiberzerker

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 04:16:58 PM
Feedback is extremely hard to get online.  I suspect (With nothing to go on) that with erotic stories, they get off, close the window, and fix their underwear.  Maybe go wash their hands. 

Let me put it this way:  I've had 2 stories up on Literotica for a decade, and a half, and just recently went back (After a long hiatus.)  One of my most popular stories has 160,000 views, and 4.17 stars, out of 5.  I just last week got my first comment, on Literotica, after 15  years.

Feedback is nice, but don't expect it.

Offline Webnight

• Not Yet A Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +1/-0
Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 11:52:09 AM
Hey Everyone. I just wrote my first story here and as I have some aspirations to become a good writer I stumbled upon this thread here.

I would sincerely appreciate some of the fellow authors here to come have a critical look at the story I wrote. I am not looking to  hear if you liked the content / get turned on as I am sure my taste is not for everyone (even though of course I hope for some it will at least), but am mainly looking at reviews of writing style and if the story is believable.

The more critical feedback - the better - as I am really keen on improving my style / writing.

So anyone that feels like they want to help me out - i'd be much obliged! That said, I know time is the most precious thing for everyone...

PS. the story I just wrote is called Anna's exploration and can be found in the sex story members section.

moderator note:  Here is a link to Anna's Exploration
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:40:40 PM by MintJulie »