What are you drinking?

Guest · 63899

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #860 on: November 20, 2020, 09:37:11 PM
There’s been most of a watermelon in the fridge all week.  Just wasn’t in the mood for it until it became Friday and I put it in a blender and added rum.

I’m far too fried for this early in the day.

_priapism

Reply #861 on: November 21, 2020, 12:47:58 AM
Frozen lemonade and gin.  Necessity is the mother of invention.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #862 on: November 23, 2020, 05:43:02 PM
Considered posting this under ‘What did you learn today.’  I picked up a bottle of Sagamore Rye (pic not mine) after seeing it listed in an article about various whiskeys and learning this one is from my home state.  So then I found out another rye whiskey from my home state was featured in another article, Pikesville Rye.  I had begun drinking rye by accident after purchasing Bulleit Rye mistakenly thinking I was grabbing Bulleit Bourbon.  Traveling out west I drank rye nearly every evening, it seeming fitting as we watch the western channel a lot with cowboys drinking rye all the time.  I was buying ryes made in the west then not realizing I had good local sources.

So what did I learn?  It seems my state became famous for rye during the Civil War.  Union Soldiers stationed in Maryland during the war developed a taste for Maryland rye and created a market for it when they went home.  Maryland distillers were happy to ramp up production to meet the new demand.

_priapism

Reply #863 on: December 05, 2020, 03:47:26 AM
Homemade egg nog.  I use Eagle condensed milk instead of heavy cream.  Splash of vanilla, fresh ground nutmeg, and a *lot* of bourbon.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #864 on: December 06, 2020, 05:30:42 AM

I just drank half of a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  And I am in a good mood.  Watching the finals of the British Baking Challenge.  Final 3 baby.    Will the custards come out set?

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #865 on: December 07, 2020, 01:52:45 AM

I just drank half of a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  And I am in a good mood.  Watching the finals of the British Baking Challenge.  Final 3 baby.    Will the custards come out set?

You make my custards firm every time baby.  It’s all in the egg handling, and a rapid whisk.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #866 on: December 07, 2020, 02:48:28 AM

I just drank half of a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  And I am in a good mood.  Watching the finals of the British Baking Challenge.  Final 3 baby.   Will the custards come out set?

You make my custards firm every time baby.  It’s all in the egg handling, and a rapid whisk.

Was so happy Peter won.   I rewatched the finale today.  I was pretty loopy last night.  Loopy as in hammered.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2839/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #867 on: December 07, 2020, 05:47:42 AM

I just drank half of a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed.  And I am in a good mood.  Watching the finals of the British Baking Challenge.  Final 3 baby.   Will the custards come out set?

You make my custards firm every time baby.  It’s all in the egg handling, and a rapid whisk.

Was so happy Peter won.   I rewatched the finale today.  I was pretty loopy last night.  Loopy as in hammered.

They have new episodes now, the great british baking show, the beginning.  It has  Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc hosting (love those two) with Mary berry judging with Paul Hollywood. I think its pre-episode one.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #868 on: December 07, 2020, 01:45:33 PM

They have new episodes now, the great british baking show, the beginning.  It has  Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc hosting (love those two) with Mary berry judging with Paul Hollywood. I think its pre-episode one.

I don't know how many weeks I was behind.   I don't watch anything live anymore.  Everything is recorded and we get around to it when we get around to it.
I think I still have a 'holiday' show to get to that you mentioned earlier somewhere.  I hope it recorded, I didn't see it in recordings though.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #869 on: December 07, 2020, 02:36:46 PM

I don't know how many weeks I was behind.   I don't watch anything live anymore.  Everything is recorded and we get around to it when we get around to it.
I think I still have a 'holiday' show to get to that you mentioned earlier somewhere.  I hope it recorded, I didn't see it in recordings though.

:emot_blond:

Wasnt thinking until now, but I'm watching these on netflix and talking like you are too.  Never even considered you're recording them to watch later  :facepalm:

Back on topic... water

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #870 on: December 07, 2020, 04:25:43 PM

They have new episodes now, the great british baking show, the beginning.  It has  Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc hosting (love those two) with Mary berry judging with Paul Hollywood. I think its pre-episode one.

I don't know how many weeks I was behind.   I don't watch anything live anymore.  Everything is recorded and we get around to it when we get around to it.
I think I still have a 'holiday' show to get to that you mentioned earlier somewhere.  I hope it recorded, I didn't see it in recordings though.

Wasnt thinking until now, but I'm watching these on netflix and talking like you are too.  Never even considered you're recording them to watch later  :facepalm:

Back on topic... water

No problem.  It's not the "who won" that I want kept in suspense for.  I know I'm risking that by not watching sooner.  It's all about the individual contests for me.  That and the judges comments.

Same with American Idol and The Voice.  I think I watched each finale after the fact, already knowing the outcome.  In those cases, I just wanted to see the performances.

These aren't spoilers for me.

Back on topic (again)   Peach Tea.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #871 on: December 09, 2020, 03:44:21 AM
I call it a whatchawhatisinit?

Not sure how I got it but some potato water, Casamigos Blanco, red stag, orange juice, and cherry juice (not grenadine, door county cherries).

Add extra juice to cover the booze and it becomes dangerous candy.  Harking back to my army days of the large grog bowl of whatever the hell we had on hand.

FYI, some of those are pretty damned foul.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #872 on: December 21, 2020, 02:42:02 AM
Rum.  Took another bottle from my dad's cabinet last night.  And just so you know, I do inform him that I'm taking something.

Me: "Hey dad, I'm snagging a bottle of booze."

Dad: "Leave the JD alone please."

I ignore all labels and grab whatever catches my attention.

Captain Morgan Private Stock.  No idea I liked Spiced Rum this much.  White Rum... not so much, but this stuff is pretty good, and packs a slight punch to it.  Second glass and I'm not going anywhere tonight.  Just happy I've got the next 5 days off.  :emot_kiss:

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #873 on: December 21, 2020, 02:57:08 AM

Captain Morgan Private Stock.  

That is one of my favorites when not drinking bourbon, with a splash of DC and lots of ice.  That and gin and tonic.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #874 on: December 21, 2020, 03:21:04 AM
Egg nog.  Evan Williams 1.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #875 on: January 03, 2021, 12:53:37 AM
Hot chocolate and sqrrl.  That is not a typo, it is actually called sqrrl.

Peanut butter whiskey.  It's like a boozy reeses...  I may have mentioned it before here.... hmm...

Offline Bittersweet

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +101/-1
Reply #876 on: January 27, 2021, 04:39:25 AM
Woodford Reserve bourbon.. Neat

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #877 on: January 27, 2021, 05:33:32 AM
Woodford Reserve bourbon.. Neat

Bulleit bourbon, same.

You’re in the right place.  Woo.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #878 on: February 23, 2021, 05:49:40 AM
Margaritas and I just did a shot of tequila.  Pretty much done drinking for the night.  Tomorrow is going to friggin suck.  Happy I'm off from work

_priapism

Reply #879 on: February 23, 2021, 07:00:58 AM
My firstborn found my stash and drank me out of house and home last night.  He called in sick today.  Meanwhile, I am stone cold sober.  Not happy about it.