• Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #800 on: August 31, 2020, 08:43:09 PM
IDK what U R talkin about.  :emot_laughing: :emot_laughing: :emot_laughing:
Give it a few more decades...kid! :emot_laughing:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +97/-1
  • Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Don't listen to me.
Reply #801 on: September 01, 2020, 12:56:59 AM
"The bawdy hand of the clock is on the prick of noon."

-- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #802 on: September 01, 2020, 01:49:12 AM
There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing. - Chris Knight

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2954/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #803 on: September 01, 2020, 02:15:02 AM
There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing. - Chris Knight

destroy him

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1610/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #804 on: September 01, 2020, 05:52:46 PM

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #805 on: September 01, 2020, 10:13:43 PM
There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed. - King Willie

Online msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1319/-3
Reply #806 on: September 01, 2020, 10:28:12 PM
There's no sleep at a sleepover party!

Sidewalk chalk message at a neighbor's house when their daughter had a sleepover. :D

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #807 on: September 01, 2020, 10:35:07 PM
There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed. - King Willie

This should go into tautology club!

_priapism

Reply #808 on: September 02, 2020, 06:15:39 PM
“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” — Maya Angelou

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #809 on: September 02, 2020, 06:17:20 PM
"Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem."

-- Lolcat Bible, Genesis 1:1.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #810 on: September 02, 2020, 07:59:36 PM

_priapism

Reply #811 on: September 02, 2020, 09:29:54 PM
“For tyranny is a kind of monarchy which has in view the interest of the monarch only; oligarchy has in view the interest of the wealthy; democracy, of the needy: none of them the common good of all. Tyranny, as I was saying, is monarchy exercising the rule of a master over the political society; oligarchy is when men of property have the government in their hands; democracy, the opposite, when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers." — Aristotle, Book III

ChirpingGirl

Reply #812 on: September 03, 2020, 11:22:52 PM
Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery. ― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #813 on: September 04, 2020, 03:37:37 PM
“An intellectual is a person who’s found one thing that’s more interesting than sex”. — Aldous Huxley

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #814 on: September 04, 2020, 06:50:14 PM
When the Buddha practiced realizing the deep simplicity of all phenomena, he saw that body is empty, perception is empty, identity is empty, choice is empty, consciousness is empty; thus he overcame all ills and suffering.

And said, "My friend! Form does not differ from void, and void does not differ from form. Indeed form is void, and void is form. The same is true of feelings and numbness, creation and destruction, concern and apathy, sense and senselessness."

"My friend, void is not created or destroyed; void is not pure or impure; void is both eternal and immediate."

"Therefore, in the void there is no form, no feeling, no concept, no drive, no sense. There is no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind. There is no form, no sound, no smell, no taste, no touch, no idea. From no senses, we come to no thoughts, no ignorance, and also no end of ignorance. From no ignorance, we come to no old age and no death, and also no end of old age, and no end of death."

"Also, there is no truth in suffering, no truth in the cause of suffering, no truth in the cessation of suffering, and no truth in perfection. There is no wisdom, and there is no attainment. Because there is nothing to be attained, the enlightened man relying on the simplicity of all phenomena has no obstruction in his heart. Because there is no obstruction he has no fear, and he passes far beyond all confused imagination and reaches Nirvana."

All Buddhas in the past, present, and future have reached enlightenment by relying on the simplicity of all phenomena. Therefore, we know this simplicity is the great magic mantra, the great mantra of illumination; it is the supreme mantra, the unequaled mantra which can end all suffering."

Therefore, he spoke the mantra of the simplicity of all phenomena: "Give, give, behave, be diligent, meditate, and transcend!"

-- The Heart Sutra

_priapism

Reply #815 on: September 10, 2020, 07:41:25 PM

ChirpingGirl

Reply #816 on: September 10, 2020, 08:30:56 PM
I’M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING, RAY! - Dr. Peter Venkman

Gonfalon

Reply #817 on: September 11, 2020, 01:51:49 AM
When the Buddha practiced realizing the deep simplicity of all phenomena, he saw that body is empty, perception is empty, identity is empty, choice is empty [snip]
-- The Heart Sutra

I don't recognize that translation. Where did you find it?

Offline xXshepXx

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
Reply #818 on: September 11, 2020, 05:59:59 AM

I'm not okay, you're not okay. But hey, that's okay

Offline Sweetums

• Total freak
Reply #819 on: September 11, 2020, 07:35:29 AM
When the Buddha practiced realizing the deep simplicity of all phenomena, he saw that body is empty, perception is empty, identity is empty, choice is empty [snip]
-- The Heart Sutra

I don't recognize that translation. Where did you find it?

I translated it myself using several references. I was interested in a translation that used more straightforward terminology than the English translations I could find.