KB - a better class of pervert

News:

What's the fucking weather?

Lois · 223731

Offline ynglvr

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +6/-2
Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 07:20:16 AM
You can say that again (about the heat)...it seems I'm just a few miles away from you....

(let's hope it's not as hot this year as it's been the last few)

Offline ynglvr

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +6/-2
Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 07:29:29 AM
looking through this thread, it appears lots of us live down in the South/ Southwest....always hot as hell in summer....but our winters here around Austin are really pretty nice.

I'm a lifelong Texan, except for the 5 months I spent in upper Wyoming a couple years ago.  Now THAT was an awesome summer....Snow until mid June, then highs aound 75 degrees in July/ August (but around 40 at night up there in the mountains)

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 08:22:33 AM
Lois, the monsoons typically start the second or third week of July, not the first week.  I have... DECADES of experience with 'em.  ;)  You'll know when it's been raining in roughly the red circle below for a week or two.  Until that happens, no monsoon.  I've seen it as early as mid-June, as late as the third week of August.  Also a couple of years with little or no monsoon activity the whole summer.

That area of Mexico is where all of the humidity for the monsoons comes from, so it'll always lead the AZ monsoons by a week plus.

Unfortunately, the week BEFORE monsoons begin in Tucson & Phoenix is the hottest, nastiest fucking week in the whole year.  Asphalt melts at mid-July temps.  If your air conditioner is gonna die, it'll die in July 'cos it's running 24/7.  The fucking weather in AZ *sucks* in July.

OBTW, it's only been mid-90s here in Dallas!  :emot_lickie:

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 08:48:39 AM
I live in the northern part of the U.S. and we almost hit 100 degrees Wednesday. After a mild winter [we had one freak snow storm before winter back in October] in which we had snow one day i'm expecting this summer to get hotter than this.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 08:57:51 AM
YES AND GLOBAL WARMING IS STILL A LIBERAL LIE!

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 05:14:00 PM
Lois, the monsoons typically start the second or third week of July, not the first week.  I have... DECADES of experience with 'em.  ;)  You'll know when it's been raining in roughly the red circle below for a week or two.  Until that happens, no monsoon.  I've seen it as early as mid-June, as late as the third week of August.  Also a couple of years with little or no monsoon activity the whole summer.

That area of Mexico is where all of the humidity for the monsoons comes from, so it'll always lead the AZ monsoons by a week plus.

Unfortunately, the week BEFORE monsoons begin in Tucson & Phoenix is the hottest, nastiest fucking week in the whole year.  Asphalt melts at mid-July temps.  If your air conditioner is gonna die, it'll die in July 'cos it's running 24/7.  The fucking weather in AZ *sucks* in July.

OBTW, it's only been mid-90s here in Dallas!  :emot_lickie:

LOL!  And you would be right if I lived in Phoenix.  Tucson gets the monsoon a bit earlier.  The July 4th weekend usually kicks off with natural fireworks courtesy of Ma Nature.  

And our AC is already running 24/7.  We are lucky that we have AC.  Another way Tucson differs from Phoenix is that Tucsonians rely mostly on evaporative coolers over AC.  That's good & bad.  While an evaporative cooler has way more POWER and uses much less electricity than the typical AC unit, it does not work well at all once the monsoon hits and humidity goes up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:18:46 PM by Lois »

Offline vinney

• POM - March 2012 - October 2014 - December 2015 - POY 2015
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +948/-3
  • Excuse me ma'am... you're sitting on my tonka toy.
Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 05:58:29 PM
Blowing a fuckin' gale here...

Who is Gale?

Just someone who breezes through the countryside at about eighty miles an hour... so if you stand facing her... you could get blown away...

vinney

If you've got a cock then use it, if you're a lady abuse it.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 07:23:33 PM
"It's not the heat, it's the humidity."

No -- it's the fucking heat and the fucking humidity today. At 5:30 am when I went out for a run it was already in the 80s, and close to 100% humidity. And it's now around 95 degrees. It's enervating...

Ah, MissB, that is my kind of weather.  8) 

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:53 AM
You know the old rhyme 'April showers bring May flowers'? We had no rain in April, but we got rain in May but it's been raining and raining so much this month.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 03:17:10 AM
Ooooooooh!  Oooooooh!

Thunderstorms forecast for this weekend!

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 07:45:13 PM
 If your air conditioner is gonna die, it'll die in July 'cos it's running 24/7.  The fucking weather in AZ *sucks* in July.

Did you have to say it?  The blower just died on my AC.  Have to shut it off before it burns out the compressor. 

It is forecast to reach 109 today.  I feel the temperature rising already.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 08:03:35 PM
I feel the temperature rising already.

That is sooooo hot...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:38 PM
Yeah.  I can't survive 109F for long.  At some point I'll have to abandon the house and go to the mall.

My partner is at work.  I let him know what's up, and he might get off early so he can call the repair man.  I no longer have a phone so I can't make the call.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:14 PM

Ouch!  At least the blower is easier & cheaper to fix than the compressor is.

We'll finally be breaking 100 today.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline ironfistvk

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-1
Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 04:18:51 AM
Ooooooooh!  Oooooooh!

Its all a big damm lie...was looking forward to it...saw the grey clouds over the house and did a happy dance....and then the next day......BAM "Hi 107 temperature likes to greet you."

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 04:54:56 AM
Ooooooooh!  Oooooooh!

Its all a big damm lie...was looking forward to it...saw the grey clouds over the house and did a happy dance....and then the next day......BAM "Hi 107 temperature likes to greet you."

LOL!  It depends on where you were.  We drove down to Sierra Vista on Saturday (about 100 miles south).  They had some thunder & lightning there, and a little rain.  As we drove back we could see where the rain was falling, but it was very spotty.

We have some nice looking dark clouds in the sky right now.  Who knows if they will release their rain though.

Not sure what happened to the blower in the AC unit.  I turned it off for a couple of hours and the ice inside thawed leaving a puddle of water on the floor.  Turned it back on and the blower is working fine now.  I figure it must have froze up inside.

Offline TPPM

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +22/-1
Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 04:59:03 AM
Ooooooooh!  Oooooooh!

LOL!  It depends on where you were.  We drove down to Sierra Vista on Saturday (about 100 miles south).  They had some thunder & lightning there, and a little rain.  As we drove back we could see where the rain was falling, but it was very spotty.

We have some nice looking dark clouds in the sky right now.  Who knows if they will release their rain though.

Not sure what happened to the blower in the AC unit.  I turned it off for a couple of hours and the ice inside thawed leaving a puddle of water on the floor.  Turned it back on and the blower is working fine now.  I figure it must have froze up inside.

I don't know what you all are complaining about, it's been nice here (Venice, CA, near the beach) for the last several days.  June gloom has burned off, but temps haven't gone much over 75 and a bit of a breeze, generally pleasant.

Tim

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:37 AM
We just had thunder and lightning this morning. Scared my poor cat. lol

Offline ironfistvk

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-1
Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 05:59:19 AM
Ooooooooh!  Oooooooh!

I don't know what you all are complaining about, it's been nice here (Venice, CA, near the beach) for the last several days.  June gloom has burned off, but temps haven't gone much over 75 and a bit of a breeze, generally pleasant.

Kills TPPM with a rotting very stinky fish.

As for AC yeah had that happen to me couple of times. Its weird....ice in arizona at this time of the year...HA. Thing is I can see the clouds up there :( but no dice...and I live close to Flat Iron hiking trail....want the weather to cool off to go back to my hiking :(.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45:17 AM
I've been to Venice, CA.  It was socked in with fog when I visited.  Wish we had that here in AZ!

it is nearly 10 pm here, and the temp is 94F outside.

IT IS FUCKING HOT!