What's the fucking weather?

Lois · 224502

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3960 on: February 18, 2021, 05:36:22 PM
As I sit in exile at a relatives, and unable to work (and get paid), unsure if my apt had broken pipes and ruined my few possessions, I and other Texans can take solace that our esteemed Senator, one Rafael Cruz, has taken his family to suffer along with us, to Cancun.
Me First.

He’s a piece of work alright.  I hope things get better soon for you staci.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1316/-3
Reply #3961 on: February 18, 2021, 05:41:15 PM
Take care Staci. My thoughts are with you.
  :hug:

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

_priapism

Reply #3962 on: February 18, 2021, 07:29:58 PM
It’s 27° outside, and snowing. It’s been snowing for six hours. It’s predicted we will have five more hours of snow before it stops. But, the electric grid seems to be stabilizing. The blackouts are less frequent than they were Tuesday and Wednesday. So we have been able to keep the house relatively warm. I made a big pot of chili. We’re enjoying watching the snowflakes outside. No one is suggesting making a snowman. We’re sick to death of snowmen. Fuck you Frosty, go home. We’re ready for things to warm up. Once we turn this corner, we may be home free. The average last freeze date where I live is February 20. So this may actually be the last of it for this year. There’s no freezing temperatures in the forecast for the coming week.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3963 on: February 18, 2021, 08:09:03 PM
Sort of the same here, 27F and snow and sleet just stopped.  It’s supposed to resume snowing in the night into morning.

The only time I recall losing power in winter I was around 7.  Heavy snow had knocked down power lines.  I remember wearing my winter coat inside.  My grandmother tried to save my tropical fish by placing lit candles around my aquarium.  It didn’t work.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2950/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3964 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:18 PM
Were sitting at 25° and I'm enjoying the heatwave.  Had some flurries in the morning, and now I'm out enjoying the bright sunshine.  Might break out the bikini in this heat.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3965 on: February 18, 2021, 08:35:28 PM
We're sitting at 15 above zero now. First double digit temp in over two weeks.

For you people in the south, Minneapolis went over 220 hours straight of below zero temperatures. Now that's a winter you can brag about. ;D

Ok...Ok. Our power didn't go out, water kept flowing and a battalion of snowplows kept the streets clear. Oh yeah...we all have warm clothes for when we go outside

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3966 on: February 18, 2021, 11:06:59 PM
Were sitting at 25° and I'm enjoying the heatwave.  Had some flurries in the morning, and now I'm out enjoying the bright sunshine.  Might break out the bikini in this heat.

25 here also. Dan just walked out across the street to get the mail.  He was in his t-shirt.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1608/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3967 on: February 19, 2021, 05:51:32 PM

25 here also. Dan just walked out across the street to get the mail.  He was in his t-shirt.

You also have a thing for Tom Brady? What about Verlander?   ;D ;D

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3968 on: February 19, 2021, 06:23:08 PM

You also have a thing for Tom Brady? What about Verlander?   ;D ;D

and Steve Yzerman, and Brady Quinn, and Roger Federer, and Nathan Adrian, and Derek Jeter, and....

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2950/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3969 on: February 19, 2021, 07:43:20 PM
Walked outside and it was 25°, bright and sunny..... and snowing... yeah, sounds about right.

More snow on Sunday, and they are predicting 41° on tuesday. 40s in February... that's flip flop weather.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3970 on: February 19, 2021, 11:47:18 PM
Same here. Accumulating snow on Sunday then a nice warming trend. Wish I could wear flip flops as I cannot tie my shoes, what with my  bum shoulder and arm..... 8)

_priapism

Reply #3971 on: February 20, 2021, 03:04:42 AM

Maybe under “what made my day today.”  One last night below freezing forecast.  Power is on.  Water working.  No food in the grocery stores, but we should be OK.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3972 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:37 AM
Good to hear Toe. We up here would gladly take 43 degrees so some of this snow could begin to melt.

Hope stace is okay also.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3973 on: February 20, 2021, 10:35:06 AM
25F right now and a low of 14F expected tomorrow night.  It’s windy, house has been rattling.  I didn’t bother to shovel, and now it’s all ice.  Only one of our 3 vehicles is ‘available’ to drive, and my Peruvian needs to take her momma to the doctor on Tuesday.  I don’t want to do it because of work, and I won’t let her drive my big truck.  I’m hoping for a melt, but that may not be until Wednesday.

My friends here up north are laughing at the positive F numbers I’m sure.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3974 on: February 22, 2021, 01:52:46 PM
Warming trend is forecast. May get as warm as 40 degrees today!  Started the day with 25 above zero. Last Monday the weather guy said it was 25 below zero. One week and a 50 degree change in temps. WOO Mother Nature! ( Is she a member?)

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3975 on: February 22, 2021, 03:24:24 PM
Warming trend started yesterday.  This morning all the sidewalks and steps are now covered in ice. But the weather people said all this week will be above freezing.

Hope are friends in Texas are doing better. Our thoughts are with you.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3976 on: February 22, 2021, 06:14:46 PM
Another 1-2 inches of snow this morning that turned to sleet.

My steep driveway has been a sheet of I ice for a week now.  It’s the same for the neighbors on both sides of me.  On Saturday I was taking out recycling and trash to the containers at the top of my driveway and felt my feet slipping.  I didn’t exactly fall but went to my knees and elbows holding the trash and recycling in my hands, whereupon I began sliding down the driveway picking up speed.  I was envisioning myself slamming into my truck at the bottom, so I jammed my toes into the ice and managed to stop.  I reached and got a grip on a chunk of previously shoveled ice and pulled myself to the side and the yard.  In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

LOL, my neighbor on one side ties a rope from his truck in the street to his house.  They use the rope to steady themselves walking down their yard.  He pulls in, ties the rope to the door handle and mountain climbs to the house.  When leaving, he repels down and unties the rope from his truck to drive.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:20:10 PM by Jed_ »

_priapism

Reply #3977 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:34 PM
Warming trend started yesterday.  This morning all the sidewalks and steps are now covered in ice. But the weather people said all this week will be above freezing.

Hope are friends in Texas are doing better. Our thoughts are with you.

We are going to be in the 70’s today.  Pretty much normal.

While thousand are still having their electricity and water service restored or repaired, for most people the worst is behind us.  70 deaths attributed to the winter storm.  One senator in Cancun.  You’d hope our state would learn something from this, but I am not holding my breath.

In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

Well, we probably both are. My driveway is neither steep, nor long. But I looked like a clown trying to get the cans down to the curb, for a trash collection that never occurred. All my neighbors pulled their cans back up to the house. I just left them where they lay. Ain’t nobody got time to do that twice.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:23:55 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #3978 on: February 23, 2021, 01:22:14 AM

In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

Well, we probably both are. My driveway is neither steep, nor long. But I looked like a clown trying to get the cans down to the curb, for a trash collection that never occurred. All my neighbors pulled their cans back up to the house. I just left them where they lay. Ain’t nobody got time to do that twice.

It was Saturday I nearly slid down into my truck.  I took the trash down Sunday.  At one point I was just hanging on, feet and trash can sliding down the yard (driveway was even slicker).  I would have fell but held onto the can keeping myself upright.! At the bottom I let go and passed the can running out in the street to slow my momentum.  If a car had been coming, I’d have been hit.

More snow this morning, but all the icy stuff got slushy and less hazardous.  Good thing, as I had a dental appointment.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3979 on: February 23, 2021, 02:45:42 AM

It was Saturday I nearly slid down into my truck.  I took the trash down Sunday.  At one point I was just hanging on, feet and trash can sliding down the yard (driveway was even slicker).  I would have fell but held onto the can keeping myself upright.! At the bottom I let go and passed the can running out in the street to slow my momentum.  If a car had been coming, I’d have been hit.

More snow this morning, but all the icy stuff got slushy and less hazardous.  Good thing, as I had a dental appointment.

..and it's not on video, I bet. That must have been a sight. Glad no car was coming for sure. That's scary.

We had a mini meltdown going on around here in the mid 30's but very sunny. Still a ton of snow though. Sun is good. Sunn is very good. Lifts everybody's spirits.

Version 9.15
POY 2016