KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

What's the fucking weather?

Lois · 121259

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +980/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3975 on: February 20, 2021, 09:54:37 AM
Good to hear Toe. We up here would gladly take 43 degrees so some of this snow could begin to melt.

Hope stace is okay also.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +344/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3976 on: February 20, 2021, 10:35:06 AM
25F right now and a low of 14F expected tomorrow night.  It’s windy, house has been rattling.  I didn’t bother to shovel, and now it’s all ice.  Only one of our 3 vehicles is ‘available’ to drive, and my Peruvian needs to take her momma to the doctor on Tuesday.  I don’t want to do it because of work, and I won’t let her drive my big truck.  I’m hoping for a melt, but that may not be until Wednesday.

My friends here up north are laughing at the positive F numbers I’m sure.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +522/-1
Reply #3977 on: February 22, 2021, 01:52:46 PM
Warming trend is forecast. May get as warm as 40 degrees today!  Started the day with 25 above zero. Last Monday the weather guy said it was 25 below zero. One week and a 50 degree change in temps. WOO Mother Nature! ( Is she a member?)

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +980/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3978 on: February 22, 2021, 03:24:24 PM
Warming trend started yesterday.  This morning all the sidewalks and steps are now covered in ice. But the weather people said all this week will be above freezing.

Hope are friends in Texas are doing better. Our thoughts are with you.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +344/-12
Reply #3979 on: February 22, 2021, 06:14:46 PM
Another 1-2 inches of snow this morning that turned to sleet.

My steep driveway has been a sheet of I ice for a week now.  It’s the same for the neighbors on both sides of me.  On Saturday I was taking out recycling and trash to the containers at the top of my driveway and felt my feet slipping.  I didn’t exactly fall but went to my knees and elbows holding the trash and recycling in my hands, whereupon I began sliding down the driveway picking up speed.  I was envisioning myself slamming into my truck at the bottom, so I jammed my toes into the ice and managed to stop.  I reached and got a grip on a chunk of previously shoveled ice and pulled myself to the side and the yard.  In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

LOL, my neighbor on one side ties a rope from his truck in the street to his house.  They use the rope to steady themselves walking down their yard.  He pulls in, ties the rope to the door handle and mountain climbs to the house.  When leaving, he repels down and unties the rope from his truck to drive.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:20:10 PM by Jed_ »

Offline ToeinH2O

• Ph.D in Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +841/-8
  • Member since '08, POY 2013, POM x3
Reply #3980 on: February 22, 2021, 07:18:34 PM
Warming trend started yesterday.  This morning all the sidewalks and steps are now covered in ice. But the weather people said all this week will be above freezing.

Hope are friends in Texas are doing better. Our thoughts are with you.

We are going to be in the 70’s today.  Pretty much normal.

While thousand are still having their electricity and water service restored or repaired, for most people the worst is behind us.  70 deaths attributed to the winter storm.  One senator in Cancun.  You’d hope our state would learn something from this, but I am not holding my breath.

In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

Well, we probably both are. My driveway is neither steep, nor long. But I looked like a clown trying to get the cans down to the curb, for a trash collection that never occurred. All my neighbors pulled their cans back up to the house. I just left them where they lay. Ain’t nobody got time to do that twice.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:23:55 PM by ToeinH2O »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +344/-12
Reply #3981 on: February 23, 2021, 01:22:14 AM

In the yard I was able to stand and walk back up muttering something I never say, “I’m too old for this shit.”

Well, we probably both are. My driveway is neither steep, nor long. But I looked like a clown trying to get the cans down to the curb, for a trash collection that never occurred. All my neighbors pulled their cans back up to the house. I just left them where they lay. Ain’t nobody got time to do that twice.

It was Saturday I nearly slid down into my truck.  I took the trash down Sunday.  At one point I was just hanging on, feet and trash can sliding down the yard (driveway was even slicker).  I would have fell but held onto the can keeping myself upright.! At the bottom I let go and passed the can running out in the street to slow my momentum.  If a car had been coming, I’d have been hit.

More snow this morning, but all the icy stuff got slushy and less hazardous.  Good thing, as I had a dental appointment.

Offline MintJulie

• ~ Version Number 9.9.0 ~ POY 2016
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +852/-5
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3982 on: February 23, 2021, 02:45:42 AM

It was Saturday I nearly slid down into my truck.  I took the trash down Sunday.  At one point I was just hanging on, feet and trash can sliding down the yard (driveway was even slicker).  I would have fell but held onto the can keeping myself upright.! At the bottom I let go and passed the can running out in the street to slow my momentum.  If a car had been coming, I’d have been hit.

More snow this morning, but all the icy stuff got slushy and less hazardous.  Good thing, as I had a dental appointment.

..and it's not on video, I bet. That must have been a sight. Glad no car was coming for sure. That's scary.

We had a mini meltdown going on around here in the mid 30's but very sunny. Still a ton of snow though. Sun is good. Sunn is very good. Lifts everybody's spirits.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady.  #TB12

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +392/-1
  • As far as I know, I'm freaking delightful
Reply #3983 on: February 23, 2021, 02:53:44 AM
We got up to 32° around by me, and it never fails.  Some neanderthal thinks he's gonna look like a tough guy and drive around with his window down and elbow hanging out the window.  Believing everybody is going to think he's badass, even though I'm 100% positive hes got his heater on full blast.

Stopped at an intersection he gives me a "what's up" nod.  I visibly cringed and ignored him until I was able to drive off.  Moron.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +728/-54
Reply #3984 on: February 23, 2021, 07:32:00 AM
Y'all should visit Arizona.  Our highs are in the mid-70's!  Be a snowbird!

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +980/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3985 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:09 AM
We got up to 32° around by me, and it never fails.  Some neanderthal thinks he's gonna look like a tough guy and drive around with his window down and elbow hanging out the window.  Believing everybody is going to think he's badass, even though I'm 100% positive hes got his heater on full blast.

Stopped at an intersection he gives me a "what's up" nod.  I visibly cringed and ignored him until I was able to drive off.  Moron.

First day above freezing in weeks, sun shining brightly and the snow beginning to melt and I see a person walking in shorts.  8)

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +522/-1
Reply #3986 on: February 23, 2021, 12:29:25 PM
Made it to +40 yesterday. Day before had less than half inch coating the sidewalk. I let the walk "shovel" it's self. ;D

At 5 AM this morning temps still above freezing at 34.

Hoping Texans are recovering. What a mess.

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +392/-1
Reply #3987 on: February 23, 2021, 08:58:52 PM
46° right now and it feels like spring.  Everything is melting.  The heads are falling off the snowmen across the street, and the parking lot is flooded.  I wore a hoodie to the store and because it is so warm, I was sweating like crazy.  Couldn't take the hoodie off until I got home because I wasn't wearing a bra, and I had underboob sweat.

So many open windows today.

Offline ToeinH2O

• Ph.D in Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +841/-8
  • Member since '08, POY 2013, POM x3
Reply #3988 on: February 23, 2021, 09:48:24 PM
73° (23° C) sunny and blue skies.  Plants are back outside.  No water leaks.  And food is reappearing on the grocer’s shelves.  I think we made it.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +392/-1
Reply #3989 on: February 23, 2021, 10:10:43 PM
73° (23° C) sunny and blue skies.  Plants are back outside.  No water leaks.  And food is reappearing on the grocer’s shelves.  I think we made it.

This made my day.  It is unfortunate that so many have suffered terribly through that storm, but I am happy you're doing well.