KRISTEN'S BOARD
Please consult your physician prior to participating on this message board.

News:

Confessions

huyle23 · 39023

Offline Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Fame +64/-1
Reply #1140 on: October 09, 2021, 09:00:09 PM
There's commitment beyond normal relationship. I'm not a believer in marriage, I think people can be committed without a ring. 

But what the fuck do I know... I was only used as an ATM

Offline Clitical Thinking

• Total freak
    • Fame +135/-1
Reply #1141 on: October 09, 2021, 11:00:43 PM
So here I am, doing what I do because somehow I think it is protecting me and him from worse pain.

It's a tough choice. Protecting yourself from pain & also keeping yourself from true love vs opening yourself to true love & also opening yourself up to the possibility of pain  :'(

"If you lick it, they will come." - Field of Creams

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Fame +153/-1
Reply #1142 on: October 10, 2021, 12:44:48 PM
Fear of commitment. I get close, and then I get hurt. It happened with the guy I lost my virginity too. Happened big time with my ex fiance, and then when I started trusting again I was cheated on.

I've shared this before, but the next guy I started getting close to, it scared the hell out of me. Didn't want to go through that pain again, so this time I'll do the hurting before he can hurt me. So I cheated on him. Did the walk of shame right to his front door. Thing is, betraying him hurt in a whole new way. So I dont trust myself either, and I'm not doing that to somebody ever again.

So here I am, doing what I do because somehow I think it is protecting me and him from worse pain.

As I prepare to traverse my 70s, I've learned that I have very few regrets about things I've done in the past.

What I regret the most are the things I didn't do when I had the chance.

I'll grant you, staying in my comfort zone has probably saved me from some anguish.

On the other hand, it's also prevented me from doing some things that had the potential to bring a lot of pleasure.

But then, that's the point... I'll never know for sure, what could have been. One of the saddest things in the world  is to think -- if only I had...

Offline Asmodel

• Deviant
    • Fame +27/-2
  • Thanks to everyone, who’s interacted with me on KB
Reply #1143 on: October 10, 2021, 12:51:41 PM
But then, that's the point... I'll never know for sure, what could have been. One of the saddest things in the world  is to think -- if only I had...
True…

Thank You, everyone, who has interacted with me,
Wish y’all best of luck and hope you have a great day.

Am going away, will be back in early-mid December.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +1127/-54
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #1144 on: October 10, 2021, 08:18:55 PM

As I prepare to traverse my 70s, I've learned that I have very few regrets about things I've done in the past.

What I regret the most are the things I didn't do when I had the chance.

I'll grant you, staying in my comfort zone has probably saved me from some anguish.

On the other hand, it's also prevented me from doing some things that had the potential to bring a lot of pleasure.

Welcome to the 70s. Why think of what might have been. Think of what might or could be.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +804/-2
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #1145 on: October 10, 2021, 11:32:24 PM
Men regret the missing out on the women they havent slept with.

We regret the some of the men we did.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Fame +8/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #1146 on: October 11, 2021, 12:34:39 AM

A misleading generalization and demonstrably not true. One of my regrets instantaneously comes to mind. Nuff said.😱

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +804/-2
Reply #1147 on: October 11, 2021, 12:50:28 AM
Based on conversations I've had with many many guys, I don't think it is misleading, but I know it is a generalization, and that is the point of a generalizing statement. It's not always true leaving room for the individual account. Sorry to say, but one example isnt enough to change my mind, seeing as I can think of at least four off the top of my head, and I almost married one of them.

In my personal experience, and talking with many many people from across the country, I find some solid truth in this statement.

But that is the best part of opinions love, we can all be right.

Offline SmuDoodel

• Pervert
    • Fame +8/-1
  • Woof
    • Days and Symes
Reply #1148 on: October 11, 2021, 01:21:27 AM
Based on conversations I've had with many many guys, I don't think it is misleading, but I know it is a generalization, and that is the point of a generalizing statement. It's not always true leaving room for the individual account. Sorry to say, but one example isnt enough to change my mind, seeing as I can think of at least four off the top of my head, and I almost married one of them.

In my personal experience, and talking with many many people from across the country, I find some solid truth in this statement.

But that is the best part of opinions love, we can all be right.

Research shows that research works 😁

The names have been changed to protect the malicious

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +804/-2
Reply #1149 on: October 16, 2021, 12:54:38 PM
I feel like CJ, just don't want it.

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +133/-1
Reply #1150 on: October 20, 2021, 05:54:30 PM

Personally, I don't regret missing out on the women I haven't slept with. On occasion I wonder what might have been if I had but I never regret not sleeping with them.