Gina Marie · 59270

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
on: August 21, 2012, 03:15:43 AM
Remember back in 2003 when the Dixie Chicks sparked a media firestorm by announcing they were "ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."?

The were lambasted, shunned and called "Un-American".

Now we have Ted Nugent, Dave Mustaine and Hank Williams Jr.

Ted Nugent:  "I will be dead or in jail by this time next year if President Barack Obama is re-elected."

Nugent further made comments during an interview at the National Rifle Association convention in St. Louis, comparing the President and his administration to "coyotes" that needed to be shot and encouraging voters to "chop Democrats' heads off in November."

Dave Mustaine: “Back in my country, my President is trying to pass a gun ban so he’s staging all these murders like the Fast and Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, and all the people who were killed there and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple.”

Hank Williams Jr.: "Obama Is 'A Muslim President Who Hates Farming, Hates The Military, Hates The U.S. And We Hate Him!"

Today these statements make them hero's.... what is going on? When did we revert to hate and murder suggestions being a good idea again?

Cmon Joan... Spin away!

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:05:39 AM
About the same time that the conservatives and Republicans said that the Dixie Chicks didn't have the right of free speech.

Don't you just love conservatives who don't understand the Constitution?

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline TPPM

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +22/-1
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:00:35 AM
Remember back in 2003 when the Dixie Chicks sparked a media firestorm by announcing they were "ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."?

The were lambasted, shunned and called "Un-American".

Now we have Ted Nugent, Dave Mustaine and Hank Williams Jr.

Ted Nugent:  "I will be dead or in jail by this time next year if President Barack Obama is re-elected."

Nugent further made comments during an interview at the National Rifle Association convention in St. Louis, comparing the President and his administration to "coyotes" that needed to be shot and encouraging voters to "chop Democrats' heads off in November."

Dave Mustaine: “Back in my country, my President is trying to pass a gun ban so he’s staging all these murders like the Fast and Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, and all the people who were killed there and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple.”

Hank Williams Jr.: "Obama Is 'A Muslim President Who Hates Farming, Hates The Military, Hates The U.S. And We Hate Him!"

Today these statements make them hero's.... what is going on? When did we revert to hate and murder suggestions being a good idea again?

Cmon Joan... Spin away!

That's a silly question, it was when a Democrat was elected president, and it will go back to being treason the next time a Republican is elected (whether it's Romney in November or whoever they run in 2016 or 2020 or 2024).

Tim

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:01:26 AM
Last night, a 16 year-old Caucasian girl tweeted, “Someone needs to assassinate Obama… like ASAP #DieYouPieceOfShit

For this, she gained a lot of new followers and 300 retweets before her account was closed today. She also got her fair share of hate directed back at her.

Alyssa’s tweet is but a microcosm of what’s wrong with the modern day conservative movement.

It is indicative of what President Clinton stated in his DNC speech, “I may often disagree with Republicans, but I never hated them, unlike the hatred displayed by extreme right wing activists towards President Obama.”

The relentless hate directed at this President has been out of control from the beginning, led by Sarah Palin during the 2008 election and now being carried out by birther adjacent Mitt Romney, whose constant lies about Obama are meant to drive exactly the kind of racial animus displayed in Alyssa’s tweet.

After all, what reason could a 16 year-old have for wanting a man she doesn’t know and whose policies she surely doesn’t know anything about to die?

Yes, I can say with some confidence that she knows nothing of his policies, because I have yet to talk to any conservative – Teen or Adult – who can accurately portray Obama’s policy stances.

Even the most allegedly intellectually astute pundits on the Right are tainted with Foxian/Breitbartish distortions and conspiracy theories of his intentions – intentions not reflected in his actual policies. You know.... the shit Joan spams here almost daily!

In other words, these people are running on fear, and fear is being driven to stir hate, and hate is being used to get out the vote for Republicans who can’t discuss their policies with even a modicum of honesty in 2012.

UH-MER-UH-KKKA FUCK YEAH!

Offline Bonenanza

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +41/-6
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 03:03:01 PM
And the Democratic Party chair in California compares Ryan to Nazi, Joseph Goebbels. We are talking about the chair of the Democratic Party in Cal. not some crazy celebrity. I am sure it would not take long to google up things just as outrageous said by some of the liberal Hollywood group.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 05:12:15 PM
....It is indicative of what President Clinton stated in his DNC speech, “I may often disagree with Republicans, but I never hated them, unlike the hatred displayed by extreme right wing activists towards President Obama.”

There is a difference between 'conservatives' and extreme activists of left or right wing. Radicals are radicals, and readily recognize one another.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:25:22 PM
....It is indicative of what President Clinton stated in his DNC speech, “I may often disagree with Republicans, but I never hated them, unlike the hatred displayed by extreme right wing activists towards President Obama.”

There is a difference between 'conservatives' and extreme activists of left or right wing. Radicals are radicals, and readily recognize one another.

Well you are certainly not a conservative Joan.  Your posts prove that.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:46 PM
Name a half dozen or so "conservatives" that we all might know, using your thinking of who is a "conservative". Might help me relate to some of your posts. Thanks.

Well you are certainly not a conservative Joan.  Your posts prove that.

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 12:39:56 AM

I think at some point in the very near future, thesaurus.com may need to remove "not extreme" from its 'conservative' synonym list! Just sayin'

:emot_laughing:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:27:13 AM by Gia1978 »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 02:00:24 AM
Conservatives are far more moderate in their positions than Joan's are.  Conservatives want slow change, or for things to remain the same.  Joan, by contrast, wants to turn back the clock in a big way.  She is actually a reactionary.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 05:56:21 AM
I see. So you cannot name a half dozen "conservatives" as you define a conservative. Well, cannot, will not, and have not. Just looking for a good reference, less subjective than the usual rant. Thanks.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 10:06:10 AM
The real conservatives are those you would call RINO, who have been pushed out of the party. 

A majority of Americans identify themselves as "conservative", but only about 20% are registered Republican.  This same majority of self-identified conservatives elected Barrack Obama president of the USA. 

So who are the real conservatives?  Think about it.  I have.  I have concluded that the Republican party has become so extreme that conservatives won't vote for them.

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 10:48:22 AM
Can someone... anyone tell me why I should vote Republican?

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 11:20:10 AM
I am sure it would not take long to google up things just as outrageous said by some of the liberal Hollywood group.

OH... BY ALL MEANS... INDULGE US! PLEASE!

Offline Bonenanza

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +41/-6

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 07:30:36 PM
Conservatives are far more moderate in their positions than Joan's are.  Conservatives want slow change, or for things to remain the same.  Joan, by contrast, wants to turn back the clock in a big way.  She is actually a reactionary.

What are you talking about? In so far as you can define a liberal or conservative (it is a pretty abstract attribute and isn't always obvious even to the individual themselves) it's a black and white definition. You're either conservative or you're liberal, regardless of how extreme your views are.

There is left, centrist/moderate, and right, that label parts of the political spectrum.  I think this is what you mean GB.

Conservative and Liberal fall within the spectrum near the center.  It would be wrong to say that Liberals are Marxist-Lenninists, just because both generally fall on the left side.  Liberals have their own ideology guided by the principles of the enlightenment.

Likewise it would be wrong to say that conservatives are NAZI's just because both generally fall on the right side of the political spectrum.  One ideology is moderate and the other extreme.

Conservatives are generally defined as "not wanting change", or wanting to proceed slowly.  Reactionaries want to return to the past, often one that never really existed.

I label Joan as not a real conservative because her ideology is too extreme.

So who are real conservatives?  I would label the majority of Britain's Tories as such, and they are way to the left of today's Republican party.

And again, the majority of Americans self-identify as conservative, yet Barrack Obama was elected.  Clearly, today's Republican Party was too extreme for them.  But instead of waking up, the GOP has swung even further to the right.

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 11:40:34 PM
I am sure it would not take long to google up things just as outrageous said by some of the liberal Hollywood group.

OK

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberals-on-twitter-respond-to-romney-s-rnc-speech-with-hate-death-threats

http://www.examiner.com/article/media-silent-as-liberals-on-twitter-call-for-ann-romney-s-death

WELL DONE! Mad props and a WOO to you Sir. I think this insanity it is indicative of the desperation that has been created on both sides of the coin... It is so deeply "us VS them" that people are stupid enough to make death threats on public media.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 11:55:48 PM
Still unable to list even one "conservative" as you describe conservative. Would prefer to list living active political and news reporters of import, Americans please... Something tells me you can name a hundred Liberals, all of whom are deemed right near the middle, as to reasonable politics... Do you see any fault with your thinking?

So there are Liberals, like yourself, Lois, who are nearly right in the middle, and whackos who are to the right of Liberals. Hmmm. Methinks you place yourself way too close to the "middle", whatever that is. Reminds me of someone seeking a list of the top 100 moderates, and along with the names, the stunning accomplishments of those folks... tough to pair...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 12:05:26 AM

OK

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberals-on-twitter-respond-to-romney-s-rnc-speech-with-hate-death-threats

http://www.examiner.com/article/media-silent-as-liberals-on-twitter-call-for-ann-romney-s-death

WELL DONE! Mad props and a WOO to you Sir. I think this insanity it is indicative of the desperation that has been created on both sides of the coin... It is so deeply "us VS them" that people are stupid enough to make death threats on public media.

Except he said "liberal Hollywood group", and I did not recognize any of those twitter tweets as belonging to a group or anyone in Hollywood.  Also, as liberals oppose the death penalty, I doubt they were liberals either.  They were just wing-nuts.

But I still agree with Gia.  It is indicative of how polarized and insane US politics has become.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:08 AM
I think I understand what you are saying GB.  But I am pointing to what conservative used to be with regards to American traditions.