KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Party of hate?

Gina Marie · 59252

psiberzerker

Reply #500 on: October 02, 2018, 01:46:09 PM
Do you think "old white men" have a telepathic connection and operate as a hive mind?

No, I believe, as I stated, explicitely, they have Political Connection, accumulated wealth, and the power to prevent a black man from nominating a 3rd Supreme Court Justice.  Also, as you just pointed out, they have the Internet.  Thank you for adding that point.  Would you like to see websites devoted to Hoteps, Creationist, and Incels blaming women for witholding sex to coordinate terror attacks?  Because I have a lot of them right here.

I am a science fiction writer.  If I wanted to tell such a fantastic tale of a secret conspiracy with a hive mind, and mind control waves, I would've already written it.  Look around you.  Look here:

Here.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3080/-41
Reply #501 on: October 02, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

What the fuck? Do you think "old white men" have a telepathic connection and operate as a hive mind? Everyone has the power to make positive or negative changes in their own lives. Hold individuals responsible for their own actions, regardless of their colour, gender or age. Laying responsibility at the feet of specific societal groups is counter productive.

Also claiming that minority groups have no power is massively patronising and misleading. This thread is straying very close to the privilege Olympics shit you see in other parts of the Internet, which has always been pants-on-head stupid.

That was pretty much my point.

And I made it in the face of the eye-rollingly exhausting claims by older white men (along with younger white men) that they are under attack, being stripped of power, and actively persecuted.

(And, for the record, it was in no way intended as a knock on Jed.)

At the same time, I would strongly prefer NOT to "look at Congress. Regardless of Party lines, look at the other Demographics there. There are more women, PoC, and LGB with more power than ever before." What you say is perfectly true. But it's just as wrong to view members of Congress in terms of their race, skin color, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. as it is to assert the increasing powerlessness of older white men.

And until we cease insisting on viewing people by their demographics, the merry-go-round will keep spinning around and around.

P.S. "Pants-on-head stupid" is a wonderful phrase; I'll certainly steal it at the next available opportunity.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

psiberzerker

Reply #502 on: October 02, 2018, 03:55:08 PM
But it's just as wrong to view members of Congress in terms of their race, skin color, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. as it is to assert the increasing powerlessness of older white men.

2 words:  Lindsey Graham.  I was hilighting the unprescidented minor battles we have won over the old guard of white supremacist male dominant culture.  (So also Jesse Helms)  As progressives, now look down the party lines.  See all the women, and ethnicities on the Opposition/Minority side?  Now, look at the Right side.  The brownest face grinning creepily back at you would be Ted Cruz.  Otherwise, the better half of that list is a sea of old white men.  (Teddy may also be the youngest, I'd have to look that up.)  

I know it's painful, and triggering, but go ahead, and look at the people selected to vote on the next SCotUS.  How do you think that vote will go, in favor of the blond in tears, or the distinguished gentleman from Georgetown Prep?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 04:00:13 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +13/-6
Reply #503 on: October 02, 2018, 09:23:16 PM
Do you think "old white men" have a telepathic connection and operate as a hive mind?

No, I believe, as I stated, explicitely, they have Political Connection, accumulated wealth, and the power to prevent a black man from nominating a 3rd Supreme Court Justice.  Also, as you just pointed out, they have the Internet.  Thank you for adding that point.  Would you like to see websites devoted to Hoteps, Creationist, and Incels blaming women for witholding sex to coordinate terror attacks?  Because I have a lot of them right here.

I am a science fiction writer.  If I wanted to tell such a fantastic tale of a secret conspiracy with a hive mind, and mind control waves, I would've already written it.  Look around you.  Look here:

Here.

Well, if you don't agree with it then why were you so fast in throwing out that old white men were the problem and clumping them all into one ball based on race, gender, and sexuality?

Just another surplus living the American dream

psiberzerker

Reply #504 on: October 02, 2018, 10:10:11 PM
Well, if you don't agree with it then why were you so fast in throwing out that old white men were the problem and clumping them all into one ball based on race, gender, and sexuality?

What?  I just said not all.  Not ALL.  If I mean all, I say all.  If I don't then I just say White Men.  Not every White Man has All the power, just enough for a Majority.  What were you just saying about my Reading Comprension, and literacy just the other day?

When I say, and I quote: "All White Men" /quote.  Then I will mean "All white men."  Until then, I'm not wrapping Jed in with Lindsey Graham.  Thank you.

Now, since you decided to show up, and attack me.  Call me a bigot, again.  You tell me how this isn't Intolerant Students asking for Safe Places, instead of Safe Places magically creating Intolerance where there was none.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:12:45 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #505 on: October 02, 2018, 10:43:41 PM
Hopefully we will lose Cruz this next election.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

psiberzerker

Reply #506 on: October 02, 2018, 10:54:57 PM
Hopefully we will lose Cruz this next election.

Beto's got Willie Nelson's endorsement!

psiberzerker

Reply #507 on: October 02, 2018, 11:13:29 PM
Is English not your first language? English is implicitly inclusive. If I say "apples are green" then it's assumed that I mean all apples are green. If I say "some apples are green" then I cannot be misunderstood. Say what you mean, own what you say.

And if I point out the "Sea of white men" on the right of the aisle, the women and minorities on the Left, post a link to the SJC homepage, and explicitly state Old White Men in Congress, in multiple subsequent posts.

Then it's safe to assume I mean "All white men."  Got it.  I'll just remove the color White, and the word Men from my discussions of Hate in America, (Check the tread title) and start saying "I don't see race," then.  Wouldn't want to trigger anyone in their safe place.  Can I still say "Snowflake" if I don't refer to the color?

When did you lose the ability to read?  The whole thing, not just keywords, the whole article.  I guess from now on, when you say "I read it," I'm supposed to assume you read "All" of it, then added the word All every time a word is plural?

"People are strange..."  When I say that, do you think "When you're a stranger," or #Notallpeople?  Thanks for the English lesson, professor.  For a second there, I thought I knew what I ment, when I said it.  Call the thought police, we got a Racist here!

When I say "Congress is Conservative," does that mean All of congress is conservative?  When America voted for trump, does that mean All Americans voted for Trump?  Now, when I say white men are in power, then it's because it's True.  Even if not All of them are in power.

Are my posts not long, and specific enough for you?  Fine, I'll add the word All to all of my sentences from now on.  Welcome to the "Well Actually" America, where we're safe from people with safe places. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:26:03 PM by psiberzerker »

psiberzerker

Reply #508 on: October 03, 2018, 02:32:06 AM
Concise and coherent would be fine, thanks.

#NotAllMen.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #509 on: October 03, 2018, 03:58:15 AM
Are my posts not long, and specific enough for you? 

Concise and coherent would be fine, thanks.

You’ll turn into Don Quixote expecting that.  Do what I do and relish those moments of extremely humorous brilliance and try and ignore the rest.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #510 on: October 03, 2018, 06:38:16 PM
Jeez, I’m just noticing I was mentioned several times in this thread.

So let me again add my perspective as a straight older white male (and I’m balding too):

1. I don’t in any way feel persecuted as an above and find such delusions of persecution of that nature absurd.  I also don’t feel under siege by #metoo the way Trump and his ilk claim they do.
2. And I feel no need to apologize in any way for what I am, and find it equally absurd that anyone would think I should.  I happen to be responsible only for my own
actions and not for any actions of any other individual or group someone feels the need to lump me in with.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #511 on: October 03, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

So let me again add my perspective as a straight older white male (and I’m balding too):

1. I don’t in any way feel persecuted as an above and find such delusions of persecution of that nature absurd.  I also don’t feel under siege by #metoo the way Trump and his ilk claim they do.

2. And I feel no need to apologize in any way for what I am, and find it equally absurd that anyone would think I should.  I happen to be responsible only for my own
actions and not for any actions of any other individual or group someone feels the need to lump me in with.

Well, you didn't mention the fact that you are balding, and that changes everything!  ;)

As I said, you have no reason to apologize, you should not be blamed, nor should you feel ashamed (or be made to feel ashamed).

My only point was that many other "older white men" seem to see themselves as persecuted minority who are under attack from all sides. They're not, and they need to shed their delusions.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1603/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #512 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:48 PM

My only point was that many other "older white men" seem to see themselves as persecuted minority who are under attack from all sides. They're not, and they need to shed their delusions.

And there are certain politicians and others who use this false sense of persecution to their advantage.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

psiberzerker

Reply #513 on: October 03, 2018, 08:01:17 PM
And there are certain politicians and others who use this false sense of persecution to their advantage.

You're right, they (the GoP) use it to rally (More) young white (#NotAll)men to backlash, to deny women power positions, and lock down the only black (ish) president in favor of the Gold one.

How does this not suggest that there's a growing power dynamic there?  They use it to gain more power, for more white men.  What should we do, not point it out, because they use that to their advantage, too?  They use everything to their advantage, or at least try to, because they can.  (Did I say All enough, or should I keep editing?)

So, them using it against us is no reason to stop pointing it out.  If we call them on a lie, they're just going to lie to cover it up.  That's why we point out those lies, too.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:09:38 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #514 on: October 03, 2018, 10:03:11 PM

1. I don’t in any way feel persecuted as an above and find such delusions of persecution of that nature absurd.  I also don’t feel under siege by #metoo the way Trump and his ilk claim they do.

2. And I feel no need to apologize in any way for what I am, and find it equally absurd that anyone would think I should.  I happen to be responsible only for my own

Well, you didn't mention the fact that you are balding, and that changes everything!  ;)

As I said, you have no reason to apologize, you should not be blamed, nor should you feel ashamed (or be made to feel ashamed).

And once that persecution complex sets in, they most likely will take it to the grave.

A few years ago I thought they were going the way of the dinosaurs, but I’m far less sure of that now.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #515 on: October 03, 2018, 10:10:45 PM
The simple fact is that when you throw people into a group based on age, race, sexuality, culture, and gender, and then cast it as a negative you are being hateful.

You can't do it to one group...and then say it's wrong to do it to any other group.

If it is wrong to do it for one people, it's wrong to do it for all.

It's just getting that through to some people is like getting blood from a stone.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
Reply #516 on: October 04, 2018, 12:33:32 AM

1. I don’t in any way feel persecuted as an above and find such delusions of persecution of that nature absurd.  I also don’t feel under siege by #metoo the way Trump and his ilk claim they do.

2. And I feel no need to apologize in any way for what I am, and find it equally absurd that anyone would think I should.  I happen to be responsible only for my own

Well, you didn't mention the fact that you are balding, and that changes everything!  ;)

And once that persecution complex sets in, they most likely will take it to the grave.

A few years ago I thought they were going the way of the dinosaurs, but I’m far less sure of that now.

I agree.

And the sooner they take it to the grave, the better...

psiberzerker

Reply #517 on: October 04, 2018, 12:56:41 AM
The simple fact is that when you throw people into a group based on age...

You already played that card.  You can't flip it over, and insist that other people are lumping anyone into a group, after you insisted emphatically that everyone over age 30 was "Over the hill."  You disqualified yourself.  Try another card, and burn that one.

The group I pointed out was The Republican Majority of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Wanna see the lineup again?  Because with a spec of brown in Ted Cruz, they are a lump of old white men, wadded together, and wrapped around a stick to beat on women, and minorities.  Screaming "Reverse Racism" doesn't change that until they add a little more diversity, or surrender some power to the Democrats, after this year's election.

Get out there and vote, let's hope you have a better choice than John McDrunkface, and Brent O'daterape.  Tell you what, for the people at home:  2 random names, who's up for the House seat in your district?  Is one of them white?  Is one of them male?  Are they both?

Which one is the incumbent?  Let's take a poll real quick.  How many people here, this year have a Woman, AND a PoC to chose from?  That's not me picking a group, that's the US government.  I could look up all of the House races, but I won't.  I'm willing to bet, sight unseen, the vast majority are old white men.

That's just 1 Race.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:11:20 AM by psiberzerker »

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #518 on: October 04, 2018, 02:49:09 AM

You already played that card.  You can't flip it over, and insist that other people are lumping anyone into a group, after you insisted emphatically that everyone over age 30 was "Over the hill."  You disqualified yourself.  Try another card, and burn that one.

The group I pointed out was The Republican Majority of the Senate Judiciary Committee.  Wanna see the lineup again?  Because with a spec of brown in Ted Cruz, they are a lump of old white men, wadded together, and wrapped around a stick to beat on women, and minorities.  Screaming "Reverse Racism" doesn't change that until they add a little more diversity, or surrender some power to the Democrats, after this year's election.

Get out there and vote, let's hope you have a better choice than John McDrunkface, and Brent O'daterape.  Tell you what, for the people at home:  2 random names, who's up for the House seat in your district?  Is one of them white?  Is one of them male?  Are they both?

Which one is the incumbent?  Let's take a poll real quick.  How many people here, this year have a Woman, AND a PoC to chose from?  That's not me picking a group, that's the US government.  I could look up all of the House races, but I won't.  I'm willing to bet, sight unseen, the vast majority are old white men.

That's just 1 Race.

Except you already DID lump people into a horrible group based on the conspiracy that they control the world and actively try to keep everyone else oppressed based on Race, Gender, culture, and sexuality.

And then tried to excuse yourself of the BLATANT hate speech with a simple "well not all"

That's like saying "well you're one of the good ones."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #519 on: October 04, 2018, 03:13:18 AM

That's just 1 Race.

Except you already DID lump people into a horrible group based on the conspiracy that they control the world and actively try to keep everyone else oppressed based on Race, Gender, culture, and sexuality.

And then tried to excuse yourself of the BLATANT hate speech with a simple "well not all"

That's like saying "well you're one of the good ones."

I hope I’m one of the good ones?

I mean I know I’m not just white, but pasty white, barely keeping any minimal tan for more than a week.  Being mostly bald, I now shave my white beard and trim what little hair that is also white extremely short because people say I look younger; how dare I hide with obvious shame that I’m old.  And why haven’t I lopped off that offensive penis of mine yet?  And we all know that LGBT tolerance I try and show is just an act of a straight homophobe.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:38:00 AM by Jed_ »