KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Party of hate?

Gina Marie · 58613

psiberzerker

Reply #560 on: October 06, 2018, 06:30:30 AM
Got news for you. A private company does not follow judical proceedure. So your anology is poorly conceived

Context?  Who?  What company? 

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +13/-6
Reply #561 on: October 06, 2018, 07:58:33 AM
Due Process for instance, right now all I have to do is call up your job and say that you did something minor to me, and I can get you fired without you getting the benefit of the doubt or even having to prove that we have never me.

My job is transgender prostitute.  Most, in fact the vast majority of my income is from white men.  I am not against white men, I oppose ABUSE OF POWER.  You're the one that conflates that with racism, when I am opposing Racism, along with any other Abuse of Power.

Now, let's just assume that I am a man.  With a job, and a boss, you can Play the Victim to.  Would you do that?  Have you done that?  You just basically made an empty threat to, but you're not that kind of person, and that's why I Don't Have A Problem With You.  Not because you're an IrishGirl, but because you know you have that power, and yet don't Abuse it.

Violence, like it of not, is NOT a "consequence" to speech.

I did not say "Consequence."  Once again, you will confuse yourself a lot less, just as soon as you learn how to read something I say, without adding the words you need to prove your point.  

And then look at Evergreen State, that is CLEARLY attempting to trade one oppression for another.

Give me a minute, and I will.  Now, you falsely accused me of supporting Oppression.  While I do as you asked, kindly go back, read what I say without your words added, and see that I don't equate having power with Abusing it.

[Update]This?  Okay, yeah.  That's clearly racist.[/update]

Damn, you make everything about yourself don't you?  You can never talk about society as a whole, it's all you, you, you

Just another surplus living the American dream

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #562 on: October 06, 2018, 08:07:50 AM
Got news for you. A private company does not follow judical proceedure. So your anology is poorly conceived

Context?  Who?  What company?  

I think she is replying to me, and is totally ignoring why HR exists as well as why unions exist in the process and POSSIBLY suggesting that even with unions they might be obligated NOT to protect the people that they are paid to protect for political reasons.

Am I right on that?

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #563 on: October 06, 2018, 10:31:02 AM

Human Resources departments do not exist to protect employees.

Good luck when you get into the real world.

#Resist
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:48:21 AM by Athos_131 »

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #564 on: October 06, 2018, 05:00:06 PM

Human Resources departments do not exist to protect employees.

Good luck when you get into the real world.

#Resist

but they are responsible for overseeing various aspects of employment, such as compliance with labour law and employment standards, administration of employee benefits, and some aspects of recruitment and dismissal.

But it is good that you applied what I said about unions to the HR department...

...good luck chewing gum and goose stepping

psiberzerker

Reply #565 on: October 06, 2018, 05:21:13 PM

Godwin's Law.

For quoting George fucking Carlin.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #566 on: October 06, 2018, 07:43:27 PM
That is exactly the point I made.  It isn't as severe a racist slur because we as a people don't react to it with the same severity that anyone else would.  And, frankly, the reaction is the reason why some slurs are considered severe and others are not.

We are not making the same point. You think "nigger" would carry the same weight as "Paddy" if black people would just pull up their socks and not be offended. Paddy is less severe because it doesn't currently carry the same sociopolitical weight. It's easy to not be offended when the people using the offensive language are people who have no bearing on your life and well being whatsoever.

So are you arguing that because they are Irish-Americans it's OK to slander them?  Now you are just drawing hairs, seriously, you are picking and choosing which culture it is OK to be racist towards.

They're Americans. I haven't watched the Simpsons in over a decade, but when it was still a good show I don't recall the characters' Irish ancestry ever being mentioned. I'm not convinced Chief Wiggum even is supposed to have Irish ancestry. Mayor Quimby is clearly based on the Kennedys, which is far more specific than simply being an Irish stereotype, and until your post I had never heard that Chief Wiggum was Irish, much less a negative Irish stereotype. What are his characteristics that you think specifically cast Irish people in a negative light? I don't think it's ok to be racist towards any culture, but I'm very interested to hear what you think is so Irish about Chief Wiggum.

Apu, on the other hand, is Indian as in born in India, moved to the USA. He speaks with a cartoonish (go figure) Indian accent and works in a convenience store. There may be other traits that conform to the American stereotype of Indians, but I'm not familiar with them. He is not written or voiced by any Indians. I think the controversy around him recently was ridiculous in how late into the Simpsons run it was, but I can understand where the criticism is coming from. I could see similar grievances to be raised against Scottish Groundskeeper Willie, or the Mexican Bumblebee Man, or vague European Dr Nick or several other characters from the show, but there are no similar longstanding Irish characters that I'm aware of.

The phrase is splitting hairs, and you'd have to have a point that doesn't crumble at the lightest scrutiny for me to be doing that.

So, you are going to continue "splitting hairs" to protect racial slurs against certain ethnicities?  Rather than saying "it's wrong when no matter who you do it to?"

Really, what is the point in defending discrimination?  Why can't you just say "discrimination is wrong, no matter who you are discriminating against?"

I realize that, of late, you all are defining yourselves by who you hate while screaming that hate is bad...but I am just looking for you to admit that discrimination against the Irish is equally bad to discrimination against anyone else.

Or maybe even just, "all discrimination is bad."  Why is that so wrong to you that you have to argue it's not discrimination when you do it against one group?

Just because you think it's not as bad of a racial slur doesn't mean that it's not sill a racial slur...so why do you feel the need to defend that racism?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:50:14 PM by IrishGirl »

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #567 on: October 06, 2018, 07:45:17 PM

Godwin's Law.

For quoting George fucking Carlin.

Not for quoting Carlin, but for taking what I CLEARLY said about unions and twisting it to my reference towards the role of HR departments in dismissing people so that he can achieve a BS victory based on false analogies.

And because he is an authoritarian, even while being on the left.

psiberzerker

Reply #568 on: October 06, 2018, 07:50:52 PM
Not for quoting Carlin, but for taking what I CLEARLY said about unions and twisting it to my reference towards the role of HR departments in dismissing people so that he can achieve a BS victory based on false analogies.

And therefore, "Goose Stepping," like Nazis.  For whatever reason, you resorted to the inevitable comparison, whenever a debate goes on long enough for you to run out of a valid argument.  Compare them to the Nazis.

Granted, that's at least back on topic.  After all, they are the party of Hate.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #569 on: October 06, 2018, 07:54:23 PM

And therefore, "Goose Stepping," like Nazis.  For whatever reason, you resorted to the inevitable comparison, whenever a debate goes on long enough for you to run out of a valid argument.  Compare them to the Nazis.

Granted, that's at least back on topic.  After all, they are the party of Hate.

If that is what you take if it fine.  But I think that people like him that are willing to throw out Due Process and free speech for political ends are very close to Nazis.

Just because he is not on the far right doesn't mean he's not acting just like they are.  The difference is really only in the who.  The tactics are the same and when they are the same I fail to see the difference between the two sides.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:56:02 PM by IrishGirl »

psiberzerker

Reply #570 on: October 06, 2018, 08:04:59 PM
And yet again, "They" aren't the ones being supported by these guys:

That would be the "Unite the Right" rally.  So, unless you can supply photos of real live, goose-stepping, schwastica waving, heiling NAZIs marching for the Left, your comparison is invalid.  The Nazis chose their side.

Also note, the other flag is the symbol of separation from, and declaring War on America.  (Not counting the Gadsen flag in the background.  That was against England.)

So, since pattern recognition doesn't seem to be your fortissmo, that's what a Nazi looks like.  I'll just assume the patriot got lost, and wound up in with the enemies of America flags collection
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:19:27 PM by psiberzerker »

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #571 on: October 06, 2018, 10:48:53 PM
So, you are going to continue "splitting hairs" to protect racial slurs against certain ethnicities?  Rather than saying "it's wrong when no matter who you do it to?"

Really, what is the point in defending discrimination?  Why can't you just say "discrimination is wrong, no matter who you are discriminating against?"

I realize that, of late, you all are defining yourselves by who you hate while screaming that hate is bad...but I am just looking for you to admit that discrimination against the Irish is equally bad to discrimination against anyone else.

Or maybe even just, "all discrimination is bad."  Why is that so wrong to you that you have to argue it's not discrimination when you do it against one group?

Just because you think it's not as bad of a racial slur doesn't mean that it's not sill a racial slur...so why do you feel the need to defend that racism?

You seem to be equating stereotypes with racial slurs. They are not always the same, nor do they carry the same weight.

We recognize a stereotypes for what it is: a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person. It is not real.

With the Irish these sterotypes were rooted in circumstances that no longer apply, or at least I don't think they do. These sterotypes carry very little weight at this point, and are just used for good natured kidding.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #572 on: October 07, 2018, 12:50:55 AM

If you're going to accuse me of something like that you're going to need to back it up. Of course, you can't because that is not what I have done. Learn to read and respond to what was said you moronic, cowardly cunt.

"You all?" Who are you referring to?

Also,

I don't think it's ok to be racist towards any culture

See above.

Listen, I'm not accusing you of anything save attempting to excuse hate speech directed at a specific group.  If you don't want me to call you out on it, instead of justifying it, you can just concede that it's also wrong to spew hate speech about the Irish...you know, rather than protecting the instances when it is done.

Hell even Psi apologized for it when she found out that it was an ethnic slur...and she has reported me more times than everyone else combined for disagreeing with her.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #573 on: October 07, 2018, 12:54:03 AM

You seem to be equating stereotypes with racial slurs. They are not always the same, nor do they carry the same weight.

We recognize a stereotypes for what it is: a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person. It is not real.

With the Irish these sterotypes were rooted in circumstances that no longer apply, or at least I don't think they do. These sterotypes carry very little weight at this point, and are just used for good natured kidding.

EVERY other group does the same thing.  So now are you suggesting that every race can be mad about negative stereotypes but the one that you approve of casting negative stereotypes on?

psiberzerker

Reply #574 on: October 07, 2018, 12:54:43 AM
Hell even Psi apologized for it when she found out that it was an ethnic slur...and she has reported me more times than everyone else combined for disagreeing with her.

That would be once, for misgendering me.  After the 3rd time I called her on it.  So "Disagreeing" with my identity.  Since we're keeping score.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #575 on: October 07, 2018, 01:25:03 AM
@ Irishgirl:

Huh?

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #576 on: October 07, 2018, 07:18:33 AM
Listen, I'm not accusing you of anything save attempting to excuse hate speech directed at a specific group.

Yes, I know. Please provide the quote where I have done what you are accusing me of or admit you are a moron with poor reading comprehension skills. Thank you and good night.

You cant take the entire exchange.  We can start where you claimed that Biddy and Paddy aren't bad because they aren't as bad as the N-Word.  And then we can move on to where you justified mocking Irish-Americans because they were American.

But I am sure you would admit it was racist if they did the same with African-Americans wouldn't you?

All I am hearing from you are excuses that it is OK do be hateful to that group, ie "It's racist..but not as bad because they are Irish-AMERICANS

You're insisting on making excuses for hate and racist speech...and rather than just outright saying "it is also bad to use hate speech against them," you're trying to dodge the statement.

If you just admit that hate speech is wrong no matter what group you are using it against...I'll drop the subject entirely.

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #577 on: October 07, 2018, 07:19:59 AM
@ Irishgirl:

Huh?

Well, if I said "all Black people are (insert negative stereotype)" You would find it racist.  Is that not true?

Offline IrishGirl

• Deviant
Reply #578 on: October 07, 2018, 06:13:36 PM
You cant take the entire exchange.  We can start where you claimed that Biddy and Paddy aren't bad because they aren't as bad as the N-Word.  And then we can move on to where you justified mocking Irish-Americans because they were American.

But I am sure you would admit it was racist if they did the same with African-Americans wouldn't you?

All I am hearing from you are excuses that it is OK do be hateful to that group, ie "It's racist..but not as bad because they are Irish-AMERICANS

You're insisting on making excuses for hate and racist speech...and rather than just outright saying "it is also bad to use hate speech against them," you're trying to dodge the statement.

If you just admit that hate speech is wrong no matter what group you are using it against...I'll drop the subject entirely.

Work on your reading comprehension, moron.

I might be a moron...but you are still dodging it, you are still trying to do anything but agree that hate speech is wrong all the time no matter who you are hating.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #579 on: October 07, 2018, 06:42:27 PM
I might be a moron...but you are still dodging it

#Resist

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB