News:

Party of hate?

Gina Marie · 59366

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #860 on: October 09, 2020, 09:53:21 PM
'Democracy' is not the form of government in the United States.

By design, and plan, we are a Representative Republic, decidedly not a Democracy, but a Constitution based Nation.

The Bill Of Rights, necessary to be spelled out and included as Amendments in our Constitution, is all about Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity, along with putting a point on other God given rights.

Republican Senator Mike Lee:

“Democracy isn’t the objective; liberty, peace, and prospefity are. We want the human condition to flourish. Rank democracy can thwart that,” he wrote, misspelling prosperity.

Rank democracy?  I posted long ago (can’t find it?) that the Republican Party was the enemy of democracy.  They aren’t even trying to hide their push for a fascist authoritarian state any more.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #861 on: October 09, 2020, 10:09:23 PM
The United States is a Republic AND a Democracy.  The terms are not mutually exclusive.

The Republican demographic is old, white, mostly male, rural, uneducated, and most importantly and the reason for their attack on democracy, a minority.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #862 on: October 09, 2020, 10:43:40 PM

The Republican demographic is old, white, mostly male, rural, uneducated, and most importantly and the reason for their attack on democracy, a minority.

It's exactly that mistaken view that helped propel Trump into the White House in 2016, and may do so again in a couple of weeks.

It's true that your description fits the majority -- on a percentage basis -- of GOP voters in 2016, be very careful generalizing from a simple, numerical majority to a general and exclusive view.

These figures are revealing:

Please keep in mind that just because someone does not have a college degree doesn't mean he or she is "uneducated." The data indicate that Clinton won 77% of the non-white non-college grad vote. 

At the risk of stating the obvious, even though GOP voters tend to be old, white, mostly male, rural, and uneducated, Trump won the 2016 election. And, as I stated here exactly four years ago, the continued attacks on Trump and his supporters for being "old, white, mostly male, rural, and uneducated," succeeds in pushing voters into his camp, rather than leading them to support his Democratic opponent.

Don't get me wrong. In that post (wherever it is), I stopped far short of "predicting" a Trump victory in 2016. But, judging by others' reactions, both here and in real life (and I live in New York City and work at a very liberal university), I was likely the least surprised person to see that Trump had won. I hope and pray that he does not win re-election, I plan to vote for Biden and encourage as many people as possible to do likewise. But, again, while I anticipate a Biden victory, I would not be more than a little surprised if Trump wins re-election.

http://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2018/08/09/an-examination-of-the-2016-electorate-based-on-validated-voters/

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #863 on: October 09, 2020, 11:07:00 PM
I think we’ll find the 2020 results will skew more towards what I said than they were in 2016.

My second point is, not everyone with a college degree is educated.  And, not everyone that is educated went to college.  I define ‘educated’ as having the knowledge and intelligence to make informed decisions and have informed opinions based on the ability to distinguish between what is credible and what is not.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #864 on: October 09, 2020, 11:53:04 PM
20 years ago I arrived at a train station in Prague.  It was late and I had been drinking wine on the train.  I hailed a taxi to take me to my hotel.  Arriving at the hotel, the driver showed me his meter and I paid him with tip.  That he started to hand the tip back should have caught my attention.  I had been in the Czech Republic briefly a week before, so I was familiar with the exchange rate, Czech Korona vs. $s.  Standing there watching the taxi drive away my mental calculation told me I just paid $40 for a 5 minute cab ride, or over 10 times what my hotel later told me it should have cost.

I got conned.  It’s a very unpleasant experience.  It makes you feel foolish and stupid.  No one likes to be conned, and everyone thinks they’ve too savvy, too streetwise and too smart to get conned.  As a result, people have a great deal of trouble admitting they got conned.  It’s too unpleasant, uncomfortable and it makes them feel foolish and stupid, so they avoid admitting it even to themselves.

Trump is a con man.  He’s dumb, but he is shrewd.  Like all con men, he’s knows those he’s conned will avoid reality on being conned.  He counts on that.  Getting conned doesn’t just make you feel foolish and stupid, it makes you angry.  There’s going to be a whole lot of angry conned people out there at some point.

Offline Gunnerman19

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-22
Reply #865 on: October 10, 2020, 01:51:56 AM
Hahaha damn Jed...your high and mighty thinking is great. You still lick windows don’t you!

Offline eater

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-6
Reply #866 on: October 10, 2020, 03:56:40 AM
20 years ago I arrived at a train station in Prague.  It was late and I had been drinking wine on the train.  I hailed a taxi to take me to my hotel.  Arriving at the hotel, the driver showed me his meter and I paid him with tip.  That he started to hand the tip back should have caught my attention.  I had been in the Czech Republic briefly a week before, so I was familiar with the exchange rate, Czech Korona vs. $s.  Standing there watching the taxi drive away my mental calculation told me I just paid $40 for a 5 minute cab ride, or over 10 times what my hotel later told me it should have cost.

I got conned.  It’s a very unpleasant experience.  It makes you feel foolish and stupid.  No one likes to be conned, and everyone thinks they’ve too savvy, too streetwise and too smart to get conned.  As a result, people have a great deal of trouble admitting they got conned.  It’s too unpleasant, uncomfortable and it makes them feel foolish and stupid, so they avoid admitting it even to themselves.

Trump is a con man.  He’s dumb, but he is shrewd.  Like all con men, he’s knows those he’s conned will avoid reality on being conned.  He counts on that.  Getting conned doesn’t just make you feel foolish and stupid, it makes you angry.  There’s going to be a whole lot of angry conned people out there at some point.

and they will be pissed they signed all those trade deals with the US who they took advantage of for so long. many will wish they could go back and not sign the peace deals ..but it will be too late the countries will start to see its better if they stop supporting terrorism and pay their fair share in the long run. and the world will be a better place.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #867 on: October 10, 2020, 04:08:29 AM
Kinda missed the whole point of my Czech story didn’t ya?  I’d say it was deliberate, but that would be giving you way too much credit.

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #868 on: October 10, 2020, 04:11:31 AM
Hahaha damn Jed...your high and mighty thinking is great. You still lick windows don’t you!

Only at peep shows.

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #869 on: October 10, 2020, 02:16:32 PM
Kinda missed the whole point of my Czech story didn’t ya?  I’d say it was deliberate, but that would be giving you way too much credit.

too late credit accepted..lol

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #870 on: October 10, 2020, 06:56:46 PM
Why am I not surprised?

The Trump campaign has knowingly taken thousands of dollars from a neo-Nazi leader and other racists
Kelly McLaughlin Aug 31, 2020

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-accepted-money-from-neo-nazi-leader-other-racists-2020-8?fbclid=IwAR00KcSlS51Jar7I4ksni0lFwEyYmpM-AbOshWi0whMRHWXkkt6owMGarK4

Offline eater

• Degenerate
Reply #871 on: October 11, 2020, 01:30:28 PM
Why am I not surprised?

The Trump campaign has knowingly taken thousands of dollars from a neo-Nazi leader and other racists
Kelly McLaughlin Aug 31, 2020

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-accepted-money-from-neo-nazi-leader-other-racists-2020-8?fbclid=IwAR00KcSlS51Jar7I4ksni0lFwEyYmpM-AbOshWi0whMRHWXkkt6owMGarK4

why are you not surprised ...that you were able to find a post, with negative accusations about trump..or talking about race ?.....duh,gee..i don't know.

"The era of Gaslighting"

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #872 on: November 14, 2020, 12:38:14 AM
https://www.thedailybeast.com/billionaire-charles-koch-regrets-his-partisanship

The the remaining Cock brother (Koch) says his partisan spending was a mistake.

Really, fueling extreme toxicity had negative consequences?

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3085/-41
Reply #873 on: November 14, 2020, 09:39:50 PM

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #874 on: November 27, 2020, 08:36:02 PM
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2020/12/these-are-the-best-and-worst-states-for-women/

My December issue of National Geographic has a study of how women are doing in the United States by state as far as Employment, Education, Maternal mortality, Political clout and Physical safety.

It looks like an electoral map.  You have to go down from the best to worst to 19th and 20th (Nebraska and North Dakota) to find states that went for Trump.  So, the top 18 states for women went for Biden.  The bottom 10 worst states for women all went for Trump.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #875 on: December 03, 2020, 03:49:23 PM
The Trump party is behind death threats of election workers.  I think if you were to examine all death threats against elected and government officials, the vast majority would be from Trumpists.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2947/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #876 on: December 03, 2020, 04:21:26 PM

Local republicans, my father included, promised the pandemic would magically disappear once the election was over if Biden won.  Like the whole thing was made up to make the President look bad.

Hmmm, we just had more restrictions placed on us.

My uncle was saying the same thing.  That all the talk would stop and every thing would just opened up and business as usual.  It would just disappear.

Told him he is a complete wack-a-doodle, and if it does go away, it will be because policies will be put into place to protect the people not bank accounts and reputations.

Had things been dealt with properly from day one, the economy may not be struggling as bad as it is now.  Maybe, guess we will never know

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #877 on: December 03, 2020, 06:10:48 PM
The Trump party is behind death threats of election workers.  I think if you were to examine all death threats against elected and government officials, the vast majority would be from Trumpists.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger Of Georgia is getting death threats, because it’s perfectly believable that a life long conservative and member of the GOP would suddenly fix the election in Georgia for Biden, apparently with the help of the GOP governor and prominent Trump supporter.

How do people get this stupid?

Of course Georgia is going to be very interesting for the next month with the Senate hanging on the special election.  Gotta love the irony of Trump’s attacks, now many Republicans are asking why vote if it’s fixed.  I agree Georgia Republicans, stay home on Election Day.  Or tear up your mail in ballot, those are fraud anyway.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #878 on: December 03, 2020, 06:34:55 PM
This seems so laughable on the surface and Trump shows more and more signs he's headed for a total breakdown.

Then I heard some polls show 80 percent of Republicans believe the election results were rigged. Call my mind totally boggled!  Is this a total breakdown in society? I've been through lots of elections in nearly 75 years of life. I know I've never seen anything to equal or even come close to the total idiocy going on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/upshot/republican-voters-election-doubts.html

All politicians, no matter how slim their chances believe they are going to win.  In 1996, Bob Dole was soundly defeated by Bill Clinton. I remember Dole saying after conceding he went home and slept like a baby...woke up every two hours and bawled.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #879 on: December 03, 2020, 06:59:16 PM
It seems lately that the presidential elections and aftermath try to outdo the preceding elections in hate mongering, lies and innuendos. A sad sign this country is far from coming together.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.