KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Psychedelia Drugs/Experiences

UmmOkay · 3042

Offline UmmOkay

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +53/-0
on: March 26, 2013, 06:39:27 PM
Hey I'm not sure how much KB has dabbled in this realm, but seeing as I have quite a bit I find it fun/eyeopening/teaching to talk about it. On this thread I hope to have an open conversation about the benefits, side effects, experiences, and emerging science on the topic of psychedelia.

To start maybe I'll give a list of the psychedelic substances I have dabbled in, feel free to tell your experiences with these and other types. Also feel free to put me in my place about the ramifications and lasting effects of the use of these drugs

My list:

DMT
LSD
Magic Mushrooms
2C-I-NBOMe (25i)
LSA
DPH (Diphenhydramine) not technically psychedelic but a dissociative with strong hallucinations
Cannabis

For those who don't know some of these or want to learn more about them www.erowid.org has a database filled with a lot of useful information about almost every drug you can think of.

Also feel free to ask me what any of them were like if you are interested, some of them (DMT,LSD, and DPH), are pretty crazy so it would be fun to retell my experience
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:42:05 PM by UmmOkay »

Let's jump down the Rabbit Hole

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
I prefer MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine) of the phenethylamine and amphetamine classes of drugs.

MDMA is widely known as "ecstasy" (shortened to "E", "X", or "XTC")

For my money, rolling is WAAAYYYY more fun than LSD or Shrooms... but I rarely roll anymore. Chronic is still daily for me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:53:28 PM by Gia1978 »

Lurid Sinner

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:41:53 PM
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 06:13:28 PM by Lurid Sinner »

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51:49 PM
No interest in any of it.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline UmmOkay

• Pervert
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 03:03:07 AM
I've always had an interest in DMT, but haven't cared enough to buy some.

It was probably the most intense experience I have ever had in my life. I had what is called an "ego death" or "breaking through" where I became completely dissociated and there was no sense of time or me, I was just an entity. The most crazy effect I would say about DMT is the extreme time dilation, although the trip only lasts 10-15 minutes in ones mind it usually lasts much much longer with reports of it lasting in ones mind for what seemed multiple years in the span of 15 minutes.

Offline UmmOkay

• Pervert
Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05:50 AM
I prefer MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine) of the phenethylamine and amphetamine classes of drugs.

MDMA is widely known as "ecstasy" (shortened to "E", "X", or "XTC")

For my money, rolling is WAAAYYYY more fun than LSD or Shrooms... but I rarely roll anymore. Chronic is still daily for me.

I have yet to try MDMA, although I would like to, 25i or 2C-I-NBOMe is a "psychedelic stimulant" that combines the roll of MDMA with visuals and psychedelia equating to other psychedelics such as LSD or Shrooms. When I took it, I had an interesting experience in which I rolled most of the time combined with some open eyed and closed eye visuals, but a lot more introspective trippy thought.

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +260/-2
  • A taste is a waste of time.
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 03:28:15 AM
I've done DMT, LSD, MDMA, 'shrooms, Salvia (actually really strong, you just need to chase it with NO2), GBH, Xanax, and the good old-fashioned classic hallucinagen, weed. Crystal meth is technically a stimulant, but the lack of sleep for twelve days had me hallucinating like mad. Benzadrine is a downer, but it made me trip like crazy.

I can't really recommend any of these, as I've seen too many lives destroyed by them. Smarter is the route suggested by Katiebee. When life doesn't suck, why would you want to escape reality? When life does suck, drugs won't help at all.

Use what works for you, but personally, I'm over it. Most of my friends smoke weed, I don't look down on it at all, and mushrooms and other drugs on an infrequent basis can work just fine for some, but I'm clean and sober for four years and change, and that is working better for me.

For god's sake, whatever you do, be safe! I've buried five friends, this shit is for real, and it will kill you VERY quickly.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Offline UmmOkay

• Pervert
Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 06:09:00 AM
I've done DMT, LSD, MDMA, 'shrooms, Salvia (actually really strong, you just need to chase it with NO2), GBH, Xanax, and the good old-fashioned classic hallucinagen, weed. Crystal meth is technically a stimulant, but the lack of sleep for twelve days had me hallucinating like mad. Benzadrine is a downer, but it made me trip like crazy.

I can't really recommend any of these, as I've seen too many lives destroyed by them. Smarter is the route suggested by Katiebee. When life doesn't suck, why would you want to escape reality? When life does suck, drugs won't help at all.

Use what works for you, but personally, I'm over it. Most of my friends smoke weed, I don't look down on it at all, and mushrooms and other drugs on an infrequent basis can work just fine for some, but I'm clean and sober for four years and change, and that is working better for me.

For god's sake, whatever you do, be safe! I've buried five friends, this shit is for real, and it will kill you VERY quickly.

I understand completely what you're saying and I had to figure out how to respect psychedelics the hard way. When I first started with them I managed to without thought trip five times in three weeks and had to step back and realize wow I need to give my brain some rest. I try to be safe about them, make sure what I'm taking and what dose isn't harmful and so far my tripping experiences have been with my friends who all have done them and know how to help you and coax you out of a bad experience. I have realized I am one of the few percent of people in which Mushrooms are incredibly potent for after having absolutely blissful and horrific experiences with doses that seem relatively moderate for some. Thanks for your input Forgetfulish and I do take it to heart because of what I've seen from people and psychedelics first hand (two people have had permanent psychological damage)

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 07:21:20 AM
A personal tip, have a sober person who has done it before to babysit, and have pre-approval for them to call cops, restrain you, etc. to ensure you don't die.

Do the drugs if you will, I understand they can be a lot of fun. If I were to do drugs again, it would either be DMT or NO2+salvia, because the trip wasn't too long, so going super crazy and getting hurt is less likely.

Have fun any way you see fit!
-Fish

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 08:58:12 AM

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25) isn't a hallucinogen.  Whoever told you that never tried it themselves, or they'd had it cut with something else.  You won't see pink elephants with it, unless they're already in the room with you before you drop it.   ;D

I've done... PRODIGIOUS amounts of LSD-25 in the past.  At high doses (2000 to 3000ug) you can get into some weird territories in your mind, but still not hallucinating.  I had access to exceedingly pure LSD when I was playing around.

edit: The Wiki page on LSD pretty well mirrors the effects I had with it, so I'd rate it as reasonably trustworthy.

Mushrooms also aren't a hallucinogen, at least none of 'em I'd ever done.  The ONLY true hallucinogen I found in my experimentation was peyote, and it's fuckin' NASTY.  Well, that plus it's dangerous.  The 'hairs' on it are strychnine (rat poison) and will cause severe vomiting just about the time the rush hits.  All things considered, I'd rather eat fermented dog shit instead of trying peyote a third time.  Both times I ate 5 or 6 buttons, the same as the Indians do.  They can have all of mine.  0vomit0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:02:12 AM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Rufus Lee King

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
  • I fuck on first date.
Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 09:39:16 AM
ORANGE SUNSHINE, peyote, shrooms way back when but
now I find a morphine/meth/shroom cocktail a nice way to
start the day.  :emot_weird:

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25) isn't a hallucinogen.  Whoever told you that never tried it themselves, or they'd had it cut with something else.  You won't see pink elephants with it, unless they're already in the room with you before you drop it.   ;D

edit: The Wiki page on LSD pretty well mirrors the effects I had with it, so I'd rate it as reasonably trustworthy.

Mushrooms also aren't a hallucinogen, at least none of 'em I'd ever done.

Well, I won't bother to argue semantics with you, only insist that for many others, including myself, it has given hallucinations.

My mother knew an organic chemist in the 60's who cooked up batches, and she laughed at the idea that it isn't a hallucinagen, but hey, what does it matter? 'Proceed with caution' should be the sentiment of all who wish to use these drugs.

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:53 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_diethylamide

Read the sections on 'Psychological' and 'Sensory'.  That's virtually identical to experiences I've had, as well as trips of others I've personally talked to that dropped PURE LSD.  Many times it's cut with PCP (Angel Dust) which most certainly would account for any hallucinations.  PCP used to be a very common adulterant ('70s & '80s), dunno if it's still in use today.  Unless you *know* the source, the exact drug (or combination) you're taking is highly suspect.  That's always been a problem with buying street drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine

One of the guys I used to work with went to Las Vegas, and while there he bought X from a random guy on the street.  Hours later they found him up a tree, having robbed someone for one of their socks.  We found out (weeks later) that he'd been sold PCP instead of X.  Oops.  :roll:

Kids, it's important to know your source for any recreational pharmaceuticals!

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 08:28:39 PM
I've done copious amounts of PCP, and felt high as hell, with no sensory hallucinations- same with LSD.

At other times, both have caused me to have vivid auditory and visual hallucinations. Perhaps the question is dosage. I was always one to do five to ten times as much as was recommended by those who know, so perhaps that would account for the discrepancy.

Could my LSD have been cut with PCP? Sure. While it wasn't some 'random guy on the street', it was from a less-than-scrupulous individual we knew. Hell, I probably would have paid extra for it.

That is possible with me, but my mom insists she knew her source well, he was a chemistry student at UCLA. She reports all kinds of hallucinations, and, like me, she did TONS.

Offline cltlicr

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +9/-0
Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10:05 PM
While I have done most of the drugs listed in my past, I am now satisfied with Medical MJ; and since all MJ is now legal in my home state, I smoke every day.

I have osteoarthritis, and would be confined to a chair if not for the evil weed.  A small pipe full of Purple Skunk and I am out the door and working on my 1 acre vegetable garden. Two years ago I couldn't bend over or twist my spine, now I am pain free and a really mellow fellow.

Would I try LSD etc again if it was offered? Probably not, I have enough medical issues now to make me think twice.  

I would love some morphine though, it makes all the pain go away, it even makes me go away........ :emot_yawn:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:13:33 PM by cltlicr »

Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer.

Offline Jem

• Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +11/-0
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 07:00:18 AM
No interest in any of it whatsoever. I shared a few spliffs with a group of friends when I was 16, didnt enjoy the effect it had on me, and never did it again. Because of my job, I come into contact with methamphetamine (Tik) and weed addicts regularly, and it's frightening what it does to people.

Offline Guitarded

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +4/-0
Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:26 PM
Acid and shrooms. I grew up on Vancouver Island and shrooms were plentiful if you wanted to pick your own or really cheap if you didnt. Both gave me some very memorable experiences, shared with great friends.

Oh the good old days.

Offline warmguyy

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +22/-0
  • treat everyone equally
Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:25 PM
Weed addicts are not as frightening to deal with as drunks. I'm talking people totally intoxicated are very unpredictable. With my job I rather deal with someone stoned on weed than on alcohol

Offline Fish

• Stranger Than Fiction
  • Freakishly Strange
Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 02:16:03 AM
Weed addicts are not as frightening to deal with as drunks. I'm talking people totally intoxicated are very unpredictable. With my job I rather deal with someone stoned on weed than on alcohol

Absolutely. Well said.

Offline warmguyy

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +22/-0
  • treat everyone equally
Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 02:23:48 AM
Yet weed is illegal , alcohol legal. Go figure