Writers Bloque · 95

Offline Writers Bloque

• 2022 KB Erotica Writer of the Year
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +216/-4
  • You would think anything this fun would be illegal
on: July 16, 2024, 06:05:38 AM
So I got curious this afternoon.

On my way home from work I stopped by a new candy store.

I ended up buying a pound of each type of gummy candy they had, and then I stopped by my favorite liquor store.

So here is the hypothesis:

How good would the various gummy candy be if I soaked them in liquor for a month.

The setup:

Gummy bears - Vodka and real fruit punch.
Sour worms - Tequila and lemonade
Soda flavored - premade long island iced tea
soda flavored - straight Jager
cinnamon - Whiskey
cherry fish - Cherry Liqueur

I divided the soda flavored in half on a whim to try different drinks on them.

So I filled the containers with candy and poured the liquor to the point where it was full but I can put the lid on them without spillage. They are now in the back of my fridge, behind the beer in the garage. I will check on them, and refill the liquor and juices when its all absorbed. So in one month's time I will taste test them.

Any thoughts on this?

View a list of all my stories here

To taste Heaven, one must play in Hell.

Offline Vela Nanashi

• Global Moderator
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-2
  • Imagination > Reality
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 11:44:52 AM
Only thing I can say is that candy is basically flavored syrup, with a thickening agent (gelatin or gum arabicum or pectin, or...). Many bars add flavored syrups to drinks, so I don't really see a huge difference.

I would mostly worry that the candy would dissolve :)

Offline Writers Bloque

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 02:04:12 PM
Only thing I can say is that candy is basically flavored syrup, with a thickening agent (gelatin or gum arabicum or pectin, or...). Many bars add flavored syrups to drinks, so I don't really see a huge difference.

I would mostly worry that the candy would dissolve :)

we used to do it in high school but in small batches, and some *bad* kids would bring them on field trips or to boring assemblies. Though they were not melted, except if you poured more liquor than there are candies. But we will see. Might send you some for some adult snacking. warning, the will get you drunk rather quickly. But I wanted to see if I could basically make a bartender candy.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3180/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 04:47:46 PM
Drunken bears!!

My friends dad would soak gummy bears in brandy. We would always get our hands on some and sneak away to eat them. They would always a bit of a mess to eat, and they would get quite a boozy flavor, but I can't say I've ever gotten a buzz off eating them.

Never tried with anything other than gummy bears. I'm interested on how the sour gummy worms will turn out with the tequila.

Offline Vela Nanashi

• Global Moderator
  • Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-2
  • Imagination > Reality
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 05:22:53 PM
Not allowed sugar nor can I handle most sugar substitutes, just stevia, xylitol and erytriol are compatible with me. But I hope they turn out good for you :)

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2024, 05:50:33 PM
I've wondered if people had discovered something like stevia before sugar, would we prefer that over cane sugar now? Would we find cane sugar too sweet? For me stevia works in something's, but not in others. Seems like my family can always tell which brownie or cookie or pie was made with sugar or when I tired swapping. All except my apple pie.

Offline Writers Bloque

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2024, 06:20:34 PM
I was thinking that if the sour worms turn out awesome, I would replace the worm in the bottle with on. Not a fan of bug eating, even if it will get you shit faced. Might have to change the rate I refill the liquid as when I checked them this morning, the liquid was down a bit.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2024, 07:15:47 PM
If the bottle tou have has a worm in it, you're not using true tequila. You're using a mezcal, but not a tequila mezcal. Just like all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Or sparkling wine is only champagne when it is bottled in the Champagne region of France. All tequila is mezcal, but not all mezcal is tequila.

Mezcal is made using the agave plant, but tequila uses specifically the blue agave plant, and never has a bottle of tequila ever had the "worm" which is actually a moth larva, in it. Maybe some cheap gimmicky American made brands will, but real quality tequila would never go for it. Besides the whole worm thing us just a sales tact for silly American's.

Might want to check your bottle love 😘

Offline Writers Bloque

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #8 on: July 16, 2024, 08:21:35 PM
If the bottle tou have has a worm in it, you're not using true tequila. You're using a mezcal, but not a tequila mezcal. Just like all bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Or sparkling wine is only champagne when it is bottled in the Champagne region of France. All tequila is mezcal, but not all mezcal is tequila.

Mezcal is made using the agave plant, but tequila uses specifically the blue agave plant, and never has a bottle of tequila ever had the "worm" which is actually a moth larva, in it. Maybe some cheap gimmicky American made brands will, but real quality tequila would never go for it. Besides the whole worm thing us just a sales tact for silly American's.

Might want to check your bottle love 😘

I have a bottle my lush aunt brought me from mexico, had a worm in it, she bought it on one of her many vacations there. It has no label, so I will not drink it. I prefer Cabo Wabo myself. I wanted to try it, but I am not even remotely brave enough to. So it sits on the shelf as decoration. I have not seen any real tequila with a worm in it. But a friend vacationing in Asia brought me back a liquor with a big centipede in it. Supposed to be deadly, but I doubt it. I am not a heavy tequila drinker, mostly margaritas and sunrises. Thank you for the education, this is why you are awesome.

Offline Dirtymind

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +135/-1
Reply #9 on: July 16, 2024, 09:00:08 PM
I had a friend who didn't drink. One night we went out. The group got a fishbowl.

When it came, she promptly scoffed all the jellies at the botton of the bowl. Half an hour later she passed out in the back of a car.

When she woke up a few hours later, she painted the town red.  0vomit0

Offline Writers Bloque

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2024, 09:19:15 PM
I had a friend who didn't drink. One night we went out. The group got a fishbowl.

When it came, she promptly scoffed all the jellies at the botton of the bowl. Half an hour later she passed out in the back of a car.

When she woke up a few hours later, she painted the town red.  0vomit0

On the rare night we were free in our youth, there was a bar we went to who during the summer made the "Sexy Milkshake" which was a milkshake made with various flavors of liqueur. But they had liquored cherry candies and a single chocolate Bourbon Bon bon chocolate on top. Wife and her friends got completely destroyed off of two apiece. I was the DD that night and had to physically carry for done women to the car. The manager gave me a coupon for a free drink since I was DD. They started getting stupid real quick. We get back to the apartment and that's when in their underwear, puked in the bushes and later puked in our shower. No where else, not even the toilet right there. I grabbed four bottles of water, made up some gatorade from the powder mix, left them some liver supplements and tylenol and crashed on the balcony. I did not trust my wife's drunk friends to not do something that might have to be explained to me. They slept in the bed, and I crashed in my chair in the cool summer rainy night.