KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Bill O'Reilly is a racist asshat

Athos_131 · 1301

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
on: April 15, 2014, 01:32:13 PM
Bill O'Reilly Questions John Calipari On "Hip-Hop, Rap Stuff, Hustlers"

There are a lot of things I disagree with Calipari on, but the way he defuses a racist line of questioning is rather brilliant.

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

snowm

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:24 PM
People can see what O'Reilly said and jump to the conclusion that he is talking only about black kids, but the simple fact is, kids of all races are more and more devoid of respect for authority figures as demonstrated by their actions and language. When kid's parents cuss out coaches in front of the entire team and other parents because their kid didn't get on the field enough, and no other parent stands up for the coach, what can we possibly expect out of the kids? Kids see their parents act like fools and parrot the behavior.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:38 AM
O'Reilly clearly tried to tie "coarseness" to public schools.  I saw that.

snowm

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:00:09 AM

Does that make him a racist asshat?

Janus

Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 04:40:25 AM

Does that make him a racist asshat?

Maybe, JUST MAYBE. O'Reilly brought these points up because
1) He has no knowledge of young people or the only knowledge he has of them are from stereotypes.
2) I think it was good of him to ask these questions as there are many out there that might very well have these same questions and no one to ask them of.
3) Perhaps O'Reilly felt that he had a very intelligent guest and he truly was amazed that the coach is able to work with a culture of people that O'Reilly knows nothing about.
Ignorance doesn't make someone racist but racism does show someones ignorance.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 07:12:23 AM
I think given the full body of O'Reilly words over the years he could be said to be a racist asshat.

snowm

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:57 PM
Wasn't the question. I am asking why this article makes him a racist asshat, or in a context you will agree with, why does it make him more of a racist asshat.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 04:41:58 PM
I think it is obvious. Why should I waste my time trying to explain it to you?

Janus

Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

Lois, the easiest thing in the world is to say that someone whom you don't like politically is a racist. That seems to be the going trend anymore from the liberal camp. Seems all other excuses for things are thrown out the window. It is becoming a mantra.

snowm

Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 07:51:39 PM

No it doesn't. You said he tied coarseness to public schools. I do not consider that racist because white kids go to public schools too.

This, at least last I checked is a discussion board. If you do not want to participate then don't. I am not calling you out to answer or hold you accountable for Athos posting this. I am just asking for clarification on your previous post.

coacheric

Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 08:08:54 PM
I think given the full body of O'Reilly words over the years he could be said to be a racist asshat.
Since you don't feel the need to reply to others, can you explain these feelings to me?

I don't listen to or read a lot about him but when driving with one of the owners, he almost always has him on. Tho I disagree with a lot of what Bill O'Reilly says, he makes me question a lot of stuff also.

And I also think that most people are racist asshats, some just hide it better then others...

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 11:50:13 PM
O'Reilly said:

"I mean, you are a good guy coach but — now, the coaching has coarsened, you teach at the University of Kentucky it's coarsened. I don't know if you listen to this rap stuff and hip hop stuff. Has that changed their attitude? I mean, how do you impose discipline on kids who are pretty much gonna do what they want to do."

Now do white kids listen to "rap stuff and hip hop stuff"?  Of course they do.  Just like whites are also on welfare.  But what is the image that pops into most people's minds when they hear "rap stuff and hip hop stuff"?  O'Reilly is clearly trying to invoke a racist stereotype.

Want more re his body of work?  Check it yourself:
https://www.google.com/search?q=exmples+of+o'reilly+being+a+racist&oq=exmples+of+o'reilly+being+a+racist&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

snowm

Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 01:25:37 AM
So, because you are predisposed to attributing  'rap and hip hop stuff' to black kids, O'Reilly is the racist?

I had to ref a football scrimmage this last week of mostly but not all white kids and I was joking with them that if they said a lil jon comment or something like that again I was kicking them off of the field.

I simply do not understand why one person's stereotypes make someone else racist. I thought that is what everyone is fighting against...

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1611/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 08:30:57 PM
snowm -the ultra-liberals believe the white man is evil.  Far from them to look back in history and see, yes, there were very bad things done to the Blacks and the Hispanics by white people but at the same time there were Caucasians who did help the Blacks and Latinos; who, at the risk of being castigated by their own community, saw in their hearts the need to help them and did help them.  Never nice to paint an entire race with a wide brush.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

snowm

Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 05:52:22 PM
He, and many others like him, strikes me more as a classist asshat than a racist. Unfortunately, the lines between race and class are somewhat blurred in America, or at least that is how it seems to me. In other words, I think Bill O' Reilly probably does dislike most black people, but because they're not rich enough rather than simply because they're not white.

In your research of O'Reilly or exposure to his work, what exactly led you to believe that?

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3088/-41
Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:15 PM

He, and many others like him, strikes me more as a classist asshat than a racist. Unfortunately, the lines between race and class are somewhat blurred in America, or at least that is how it seems to me. In other words, I think Bill O' Reilly probably does dislike most black people, but because they're not rich enough rather than simply because they're not white.

I think those are both fair assumptions. There are many connections between race and class in the U.S., certainly enough to generalize. And while it's true that all of the poor here are not minorities, the majority of them are -- and a majority of our minorities are poor.

I completely agree with Snowm's point, above, that disrespect of adult authority by kids today transcends race and income level, and has become a general phenomenon. But the truth of that assertion does not automatically exonerate O'Reilly from making racist of classist statements. His history with this topic, as Lois outlined, proves otherwise, and, in this particular instance, it's very hard not to see that he is specifically speaking about black players.

Janus asserts, "Maybe, JUST MAYBE, O'Reilly brought these points up because he has no knowledge of young people or the only knowledge he has of them are from stereotypes." That statement is absurd on its face. And, if nothing, a talk show host speaking from such a position of ignorance should be fired on the spot.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Janus

Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:21 AM
That statement is absurd on its face. And, if nothing, a talk show host speaking from such a position of ignorance should be fired on the spot.

[/b]

Not when he generates as much revenue as he does......