What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 257909

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3120 on: July 28, 2019, 04:50:26 AM

Finally got the dust sensor / Air Quality Indicator (AQI) up, fleshed-out and mostly running as of an hour ago.  It's happily logging my indoor conditions to a web server.

edit, nextt day: Although frustrating at times, weeding out the bugs in someone else's code is occasionally fun.  :roll: I think I just found the last bug.  HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

The only gotcha: fuckin' China!  The dust sensor is exactly what I'd ordered, so I lucked out.  The Bosch combination temperature / humidity / air pressure sensors I'd ordered weren't what was described.  I ordered the more expensive version with humidity sensing, and got the cheaper modules WITHOUT the humidity sensing, so indoor humidity is showing 0% on the charts.  I complained to eBay and got the charges reversed on the sale, and don't even have to send the boards back.  Hell, return shipping would cost more than the damned things are worth in the first place.  I have another order inbound from a different vendor in China, and they swear that the modules have the specific Bosch sensor that I want.  I'll know if this next batch of boards is OK in a couple of weeks.

Amusing side-note: it takes my 3M 'Advanced Allergen' Filtrete 1500 air filter > 60 minutes to remove the majority of smoke particles from the air after I've lit up a cigarette.  I run the blower fan on the air handler all the time when I'm at home, and let it cycle when I'm gone.  I can see dust/particle spikes from this evening every time I lit up a cig.  ;D  My house air got down to the equivalent of a class 10,000 cleanroom overnight until I got up and started moving around (throwing off dead skin cells, stirring up dust, and smoking...)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:33:56 PM by RopeFiend »

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3121 on: July 29, 2019, 04:02:40 PM

One meeting cancelled.   I'm freed up until 11am.   But it's rescheduled for Wednesday. 

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #3122 on: July 29, 2019, 05:27:26 PM
One meeting cancelled.   I'm freed up until 11am.   But it's rescheduled for Wednesday. 

Now, if they just cancel the rest of them, and let you go home...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3123 on: July 29, 2019, 06:16:25 PM
Little brother: Why does Kimmy have to be so pretty and related to me?

:emot_laughing:

You can not have my daughter.  ;D

psiberzerker

Reply #3124 on: July 29, 2019, 06:57:26 PM
"Why does Kimmy have to be so pretty and related to me?"

Neither of those things are a bad thing, but I'm getting a pretty creepy vibe from that.

Out of context, I don't know any of those people, I barely even know you, but when I hear something like that?  It doesn't make my day.

I'm not judging with you, and I'm not going to argue with you about your feelings.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3125 on: July 29, 2019, 07:26:54 PM
My brother has always had a crush on my daughter. They're almost the same age.

He's well aware she's off limits.

psiberzerker

Reply #3126 on: July 29, 2019, 08:00:33 PM
They're almost the same age.

Okay, and I assume that age is above a certain threshold, but still.  That kinda thing (An uncle bemoaning the fact that his niece is too hot, to his sister/her mother) creeps me out.  I guess it's good material for another horror story nobody else reads as horror, so there's that?

Don't worry, I change EVERYTHING so it's unrecognizable.  Hopefully he doesn't talk to her about it, like that.  It would be even creepier if he did.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3127 on: July 31, 2019, 01:54:22 PM
Yesterday my kids freaked out when I brought home school supplies.  ;D

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1761/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3128 on: July 31, 2019, 03:46:14 PM

Last night, sitting in bed with my computer, and I get an email from a friend from 25 years ago.   Haven't seen or heard from him in all that time. 

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #3129 on: July 31, 2019, 04:23:20 PM

Last night, sitting in bed with my computer, and I get an email from a friend from 25 years ago.   Haven't seen or heard from him in all that time. 

I got involved in planning a high school reunion recently.  I’m hearing from so many people I haven’t spoken with in ages.  Also sad to learn that at least four of my classmates are dead.  I don’t consider us to be that old.  Middle aged?  Yes.  Dying age?  No.

IdleBoast

Reply #3130 on: July 31, 2019, 04:49:47 PM
Depends how they died - I just found out I chap I vaguely knew died in a paragliding accident.

_priapism

Reply #3131 on: July 31, 2019, 05:48:25 PM
Hitting 5,000 for the third or fourth time.

I have posted here over 20,000 times, been logged in for more than a year’s time, have received more woo’s than anyone except Miss B.

So here we go again.  LOL.  And I made my own emoji.

psiberzerker

Reply #3132 on: July 31, 2019, 06:14:16 PM
I just found out I chap I vaguely knew died in a paragliding accident.

I have to admit, that's one of the ways I'd love to go.  Beats popping a vessicle behind a desk at the office.

_priapism

Reply #3134 on: August 02, 2019, 02:14:08 AM
Winning a big one in Federal court, in my ongoing life or death struggle with the Millennial skid mark lawyer from Hell.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3135 on: August 02, 2019, 02:25:14 AM
Told my father to go fuck a  sock drawer.  :emot_laughing:

_priapism

Reply #3136 on: August 02, 2019, 02:45:27 AM

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1608/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #3138 on: August 02, 2019, 05:33:02 PM

lol  First time I heard that phrase.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3139 on: August 02, 2019, 07:33:37 PM

lol  First time I heard that phrase.

:emot_laughing:

Ask Toe.  ;D