KB - It's Cheaper Than Therapy

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 95657

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #4905 on: November 03, 2020, 06:43:57 PM
All grown ups in my tribe have voted.

All for the same. Which is astonishing considering several factors that now appear irrelevant.

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2341/-31
Reply #4906 on: November 03, 2020, 07:17:07 PM

My understanding is nearly a 100 million or 71% of the electorate voted early.  In some states early voting surpassed 2016 totals.

I sent my ballot in the day after it arrived nearly a month ago.

A tiny correction: That's not 71% of the electorate, it's 71% of the total votes cast in the 2016 election (around 136 million). We haven't had a voter turnout higher than 70% for a presidential election since William McKinley beat William Jennings Bryan in 1896.

I voted at my local polling place (a public school) this morning. There were no lines, I was in an out in less than 10 minutes, and seeing all the COVID-19 protection measures in place, it was likely the safest place in NYC.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
  • As far as I know, I'm freaking delightful
Reply #4907 on: November 03, 2020, 07:22:56 PM

My understanding is nearly a 100 million or 71% of the electorate voted early.  In some states early voting surpassed 2016 totals.

I sent my ballot in the day after it arrived nearly a month ago.

A tiny correction: That's not 71% of the electorate, it's 71% of the total votes cast in the 2016 election (around 136 million). We haven't had a voter turnout higher than 70% for a presidential election since William McKinley beat William Jennings Bryan in 1896.

I voted at my local polling place (a public school) this morning. There were no lines, I was in an out in less than 10 minutes, and seeing all the COVID-19 protection measures in place, it was likely the safest place in NYC.

We had lines, but there were volunteers walking around very politely asking people to keep space.  It was very well organized, and I thanked every person that I saw working the polls for their time and effort.

"I'm a hazard to my health, don't let me get me"

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +329/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #4908 on: November 03, 2020, 09:02:42 PM
I don’t mind being corrected MissB, thank you for doing so.  It’s important to be accurate and true.  I read the 71% some place but apparently didn’t recall the context accurately.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +496/-1
Reply #4909 on: November 03, 2020, 09:37:20 PM
Once again, as I've done for over 50 years I took part in my country's election process. I still wish I'd been voting for someone as opposed to against a national embarrassment.

Still, if Joe and Kamila win, I'll rejoice in the changes they'll make.

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.

Offline ChirpingGirl

• Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +479/-11
Reply #4910 on: November 03, 2020, 09:51:06 PM
My tribe voted more for or less for who would screw things up less. But we kinda agreed they'll both screw things up equally badly.  :emot_shrug:

It's a we're fucked no matter what scenario. No one has any delusions Trump or Harris Biden will be anything but massive fuck ups who damage this country, it only depends on how bad the damage will be. :roll:

Now I expect someone will dump this in the 10th level of hell known as politics.

What in cousin-fuckin’ tarnation Alabama Betty Crocker Miss fuckin' Betty White shit is this?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4911 on: November 03, 2020, 09:53:20 PM
I voted around 9am. First time I had to wait in line, even with social distancing. The line moved fairly quickly and there were ample number of booths to vote. We still are using the black felt pens to fill in the circles of your choice.  Some day we might get touchscreens.

Msslave - it was my 48th year of voting and I have never missed an election yet.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +2341/-31
Reply #4912 on: November 03, 2020, 11:25:40 PM

Msslave - it was my 48th year of voting and I have never missed an election yet.

Props to both of you.

I'm trying to do the math in my head, but if I'm correct, the first presidential election you both voted in was in 1972 (Nixon vs. McGovern).

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline ToeinH2O

• Ph.D in Perversity
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +806/-8
  • Member since '08, POY 2013, POM x3
Reply #4913 on: November 03, 2020, 11:33:27 PM
Two years later, we saw Richard Nixon resign in disgrace. We weren’t so lucky this time. But hopefully the map will be covered in blue states.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
Reply #4914 on: November 04, 2020, 09:48:28 PM
Little bit of sun bathing.  Gym shorts and a tank, but enough skin exposed to get one more lick of sunshine.  If it wasn't for the wind, it would probably be over 70, and I'd probably be wearing a bathing suit.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +496/-1
Reply #4915 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:23 PM
Little bit of sun bathing.  Gym shorts and a tank, but enough skin exposed to get one more lick of sunshine.  If it wasn't for the wind, it would probably be over 70, and I'd probably be wearing a bathing suit.

Good viewing over in Wisconsin today.  ;D :emot_laughing:

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4916 on: November 04, 2020, 10:51:21 PM

Props to both of you.

I'm trying to do the math in my head, but if I'm correct, the first presidential election you both voted in was in 1972 (Nixon vs. McGovern).

1972 was the first year I could legally vote.  It was Nixon, who in 1968 as a candidate, promised to bring the boys home from Vietnam. Four years later the United States were still in Vietnam but with far fewer military. McGovern ran on the peace platform and was soundly defeated by "Law and Order" tricky Dick Nixon.  Back then, one had to be 21 to vote. And to legally drink in Illinois, regardless if one served their country in a war zone.  :emot_weird:

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +960/-52
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #4917 on: November 04, 2020, 10:52:12 PM

Good viewing over in Wisconsin today.  ;D :emot_laughing:

I have a better view from below.... 8)

Offline MintJulie

• Global Moderator Version Number 9.7.1 POY 2016
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Fame +809/-4
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4918 on: November 07, 2020, 12:56:33 PM

Going on a bike ride if the weather stays nice.   
Putting up Christmas decorations (mainly lights) while the weather is nice.
Raking the leaves (AGAIN), grrr.

Then, the highlight of my day.  We're touring a bourbon local distillery at 4:00.  I know it won't be anything like the distilleries in Kentucky, but I am looking forward to it.  It's downtown Detroit.  Then we are on going to my favorite pizza place.  Buddy's Pizza.  I love their pizza, especially their crust and sauce.  And I can't go without having their antipasto salad.  So so good.   It's been since before the pandemic since I've had Buddy's. 

“There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is.”

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Fame +341/-1
Reply #4919 on: November 07, 2020, 01:41:51 PM
I'm sure they would appreciate the business too.  One of my friends knows a couple who own a deli shop in Appleton, that is struggling, they posted a picture on social media of an empty dining area.  Said it's been empty for months.  So all my friends are packing up the cars and driving put there for lunch, then hanging around and going back for dinner.  I unfortunately, am unable to go as I work weekends.  Maybe next time,  it was a spur of the moment thing they decided last night.