News:

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 251584

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1283/-3
Reply #5180 on: February 05, 2021, 04:34:50 PM
I guess ppl react different. With all my health issues, I've never had a bad reaction to any drug or vaccination. My two shingles shots did leavey arm a bit sore.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #5181 on: February 06, 2021, 09:49:59 PM
In 99.75% of the cases (from what I'd read), the only common vaccine reaction was injection site pain.  I had it myself: couldn't raise that arm above my head the first evening, no pain at all the second day.  I didn't have any reaction except for the injection site pain.  From the length of the needle, I'm pretty sure she hit a lung on the way in.  :o

Other reactions include common flu symptoms, which faded in 1 to 3 days for nearly everyone.  Adverse reactions are in the parts-per-million range, less likely than you being struck by lightning.  Given 1 probable death per 124 million doses for a fatal reaction, your risk is minuscule compared to your risk of NOT vaccinating: about 1 in 1000 dead.  You don't need to be a math wizard to see those odds.

On the plus side, people in Israel that have been the unlucky 5% and got COVID after vaccination all had mild cases so far, and none needed hospitalization.  Israel has nationalized medicine, and they're tracking EVERYTHING.  The USA isn't tracking shit, other than the few adverse reactions.

I'm in the 'high risk' group for a handful of reasons, so I vax'd as soon as possible in late January.  However, there's a slim chance I have a pre-existing immunity.  2003: SARS-1 hits China and Taiwan.  2004: SARS-1 contained.  2006: I get an unknown viral lung infection on a plane out of Asia that the CDC couldn't identify, with symptoms like COVID pneumonia - it lasted a month.  March 9, 2020 COVID hits Dallas.  March 25, I get a moderate fever for 4 days & crap in my lungs.  Nasal swab tests negative.  Thanksgiving, I get another fever for 32 hours and more crap in my lungs, again negative on the nasal swab, and IgM-spike antibody test is also negative.  Feb 2 another fever for 2 hours and crap in my nose (but not lungs this time), no test. 

There are a total of 24 different types of antibodies that they could look for and only 1 that they commonly look for, but what they can't test for are antibodies with a cross-reactivity to COVID.  From the rapid immune response, I'm proof against something(s) on 3 occasions, and the reaction is getting faster.  There's still zero influenza in Dallas, so it's likely not that.  Could be pneumonia: I had both shots 2 & 3 years ago, but it's pretty rare outside of a hospital.  My bet is I've been exposed to COVID 3 times, with minimal results.  COVID is rampant all over Dallas (about 1 in every 80 people), and is the most probable infection.  By the odds we ought to have 8 or 9 pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic people at work every day.  I'm out among them EVERY day.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +2841/-6
  • I said it's weird, not that I wouldn't do it.
Reply #5182 on: February 08, 2021, 04:26:44 PM
Went to my dad's last night for his superbowl party. Game was boring, didn't even feel like the superbowl.  So I spent the evening downstairs watching zootopia and pirates of the Caribbean with my Aunt Amy and the kids.so at least I still had a fun time.

FYI MJ, my Aunt Amy said you need to get in line for Mr. Brady.  :emot_laughing:

I'm still a Jordy Nelson Girl  :emot_wub2:

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5183 on: February 08, 2021, 04:37:58 PM
Guess Jules didn't want to wait in line

She just "renamed"  Dan and apparently things took off from there.

We Tivoed the Puppy Bowl and will be watching that later. A much tougher game...no pads or helmets. 

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5184 on: February 08, 2021, 04:49:32 PM
I missed the puppy bowl.  We couldnt get it at work, and was done with by the time I got to my dad's house.  Besides.  I was surrounded by dogs and two puppies most of the day.  Since it's so cold we spend more time than normal with them.  We have heat, but it can't as effective when it is this cold.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5185 on: February 08, 2021, 05:07:28 PM
Real puppies and dogs much better than TV.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5186 on: February 08, 2021, 06:38:55 PM
Real puppies and dogs much better than TV.

We watched it earlier also.  All so cute.  I have watched one before, but most other times I was at a party and didn't watch it.  With just the family, we settled in front of the TV about 4pm until after the game was over.  The dogs were fun to watch.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5187 on: February 09, 2021, 03:53:24 PM
Got wife scheduled for her first Covid-19 vaccine FINALLY! It's been scary. Signed up for the Minnesota vaccine lottery. She was one of over 200 thousand. Needless to say we weren't "winners".

Her medical clinic helped her find their site to schedule an appointment. She had 'em text me the info, as she has trouble navigating on the computer.

Since then, I check every day only to get a screen saying no appointments available. Today up pops a new screen with locations and times for appointments. I started trying various times, only to be told "pick another time".

Finally went to a different day and got a confirmation on first time I selected. I was getting very discouraged as it began to look like nothing would ever be available.

Wife is 82 and in poor health. It's doubtful she'd survive if she contracts the virus. On the plus side her health keeps her at home most of the time.

Minnesota is doing good. We're ranked number 14 of the 50 state for getting vaccine into arms. I feel for people in the backwards states.

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5188 on: February 11, 2021, 03:18:44 PM
I went to the gym this morning.  Half the equipment was gone, and what was there is spaced out at least twelve feet apart, according to them, but it seemed closer.  I haven't done any type of weight training in a year and it shows.  Calisthenics only get me so far, and to be honest, I hardly even did any at my apartment.

It was -8° when I got up this morning and enough was enough.  I'm going back to the gym.  After the gym, I went next door and hit upthe tanning booth.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5189 on: February 11, 2021, 05:17:11 PM
I went to the gym this morning.  Half the equipment was gone, and what was there is spaced out at least twelve feet apart, according to them, but it seemed closer.  I haven't done any type of weight training in a year and it shows.  Calisthenics only get me so far, and to be honest, I hardly even did any at my apartment.

It was -8° when I got up this morning and enough was enough.  I'm going back to the gym.  After the gym, I went next door and hit upthe tanning booth.

BLEEP *motherly advise program activated*

I love a tan as much as the next person, but please be careful how often you use those booths.

*motherly advise program deactivated*

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #5190 on: February 11, 2021, 05:31:03 PM

BLEEP *motherly advise program activated*

I love a tan as much as the next person, but please be careful how often you use those booths.

*motherly advise program deactivated*

I saw a dermatologist on Monday for a brown patch on my temple.  He assured me it’s completely benign, and I can have it removed in the future if I wish.  He did say it was caused by too much sun and asked me if I use sun screen, and then asked if I used tanning booths.  I answered ‘sometimes’ and ‘never’.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:45:46 PM by Jed_ »

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5191 on: February 11, 2021, 06:03:46 PM
I debated on whether or not to say anything about them.  It always brings out the booth bashing, and the motherly advice programs I know the damage they can do, and use then rather sparingly.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #5192 on: February 11, 2021, 06:21:37 PM
I debated on whether or not to say anything about them.  It always brings out the booth bashing, and the motherly advice programs I know the damage they can do, and use then rather sparingly.

My sister and I used them twice a week from 18 years old until I was 28. Kettle, meet Mr. Black But haven't used them since. I didn't have any damage from them that I know of, maybe it just hasn't presented itself yet. My sister did have problems though.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5193 on: February 11, 2021, 06:52:08 PM
I had actually quit using them for about two years a while ago. Heard about a woman who died because she overdid it.  Apparently she was getting married and decided to get a tan.  Scheduled appointments at three different salons and basically cooked her insides.

I'm not that desperate for a tan or that stupid.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5194 on: February 11, 2021, 08:17:50 PM
Back when we went to Mexico every winter, we'd get tan before leaving. Helped prevent sunburn. Going out with pasty white skin would turn you red in a few minutes.

Remember meeting a young couple on their honeymoon. Both got blistered their first day. No doubt they spent a lot of time inside. Oh well...it was a honeymoon. :emot_laughing:

_priapism

Reply #5195 on: February 11, 2021, 08:42:27 PM
Friday, February 12, 2021 is the Lunar New Year and the start of the Year of the Ox in the Chinese zodiac.

_priapism

Reply #5196 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:42 PM

Offline Shiela_M

• POY 2020, 2021, & 2022
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5197 on: February 11, 2021, 10:08:07 PM
Back when we went to Mexico every winter, we'd get tan before leaving. Helped prevent sunburn. Going out with pasty white skin would turn you red in a few minutes.

Remember meeting a young couple on their honeymoon. Both got blistered their first day. No doubt they spent a lot of time inside. Oh well...it was a honeymoon. :emot_laughing:

One of the reasons I use them.  I need to keep that tan going otherwise I'll crisp up the first time I go out in the sun.  I can get quite paste white if out of the sun for too long.

And I have done that on a few occasions Toe. The heat, the smell of oils, laying their naked or almost naked with people talking just outside the door... bit thrilling

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #5198 on: February 12, 2021, 03:58:09 PM
I can only tan by being on vacation and easing into the sun exposure each day.  Maybe the first day I wait 20-30 minutes in the sun, then add sunscreen SPF 5000 or something.  And about a week after returning, any slight tan I did get is gone.  My Peruvian on the other hand can peek outside and instantly turn a deep brown.  The first summer we were together we went to Hawaii in August; she had tan lines well into the following year from that trip.  I think it took a whole year before the tan lines from a week in Hawaii disappeared completely.

_priapism

Reply #5199 on: February 12, 2021, 08:20:46 PM
Sasha had a snow day, so we played nasty on the phone for three hours.