News:

What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 256280

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #940 on: August 08, 2016, 12:18:52 AM
My friend just called.   Some of her other friends called and we are meeting tme at the Horse Track tonight.    Thoroughbred racing.   Where is Liz?  I need some tips.   

I used to go to the county fair in an area where the horses were being saddled and walked before their race.  I judged each horse by their musculature and how they looked overall.  Horses that were too lean showed they had been over-raced and on grain only diets for too long.  Other horses looked flabby as if they had not been raced enough.  I usually picked the horses that finished in the top three. If only I had a friend in the stands that could take my hand signals to place the bets.  LOL! I wonder if that is even legal? 

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #941 on: August 08, 2016, 12:31:55 AM
My friend just called.   Some of her other friends called and we are meeting tme at the Horse Track tonight.    Thoroughbred racing.   Where is Liz?  I need some tips.   

I used to go to the county fair in an area where the horses were being saddled and walked before their race.  I judged each horse by their musculature and how they looked overall.  Horses that were too lean showed they had been over-raced and on grain only diets for too long.  Other horses looked flabby as if they had not been raced enough.  I usually picked the horses that finished in the top three. If only I had a friend in the stands that could take my hand signals to place the bets.  LOL! I wonder if that is even legal? 

It is, as long as your friend doesn't work for the track (use your cell phone).

Love,
Liz

Offline Piper-Dreams

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
  • Meow
Reply #942 on: August 08, 2016, 03:35:32 PM

It is, as long as your friend doesn't work for the track (use your cell phone).

Love,
Liz

What if they work for their cell phones while using the track?  :D

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #943 on: August 10, 2016, 02:49:38 AM
Ah, back then we didn't have cell phones.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #944 on: August 10, 2016, 02:50:39 AM
Got all of my July billing statements prepared and off to clients.  Crappy way to spend the weekend, but now I get to wait for checks! 

I hope they pay!

ChirpingGirl

Reply #945 on: August 10, 2016, 04:55:43 PM
Since my wife hijacked our honeymoon last year and dragged me to star wars crap, she's letting me pick what we're doing for our second "first real" honeymoon.

"Hawaii and bikinis? Or somewhere else, white girl. You pick."

"DollyWood."

"Dolly what?"

"We're going to DollyWood."

"What's that, a museum for dolls?"

I've already arranged it. We're going to DollyWood in October. :D

Never been to Tennessee.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #946 on: August 10, 2016, 05:40:05 PM

I was there with friends about 12 years ago.   It was fun.  People move in slow motion there.   We have amusement parks in Mich and Ohio where they get people off the ride and new riders on in a timely fashion.   Dollywood is like the workers are walking in molasses.   That grated on my nerves a bit.   But I'm a bit impatient at times.   I like to move move move.

I've never had pets because of allergies (other than fish), so when I get a chance to be around animals I jump at it.   We went to a place in Pigeon Forge called Parrot Mountain.   It was fun.  Many great pictures.   I think we ended up spending 2 hours or more there.

OberGatlingburg was nice too if I remember correctly.   We also did a lot of hiking in the mountains.   There are a few pretty waterfall nearby.     I don't recall if we visited caves that trip or on a different trip.

Have fun!

:),
Jules

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #947 on: August 10, 2016, 05:50:09 PM
My inbox has '0' messages in it.   Cleaned it all up. 

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #948 on: August 10, 2016, 10:06:32 PM

I was there with friends about 12 years ago.   It was fun.  People move in slow motion there.   We have amusement parks in Mich and Ohio where they get people off the ride and new riders on in a timely fashion.   Dollywood is like the workers are walking in molasses.   That grated on my nerves a bit.   But I'm a bit impatient at times.   I like to move move move.

I've never had pets because of allergies (other than fish), so when I get a chance to be around animals I jump at it.   We went to a place in Pigeon Forge called Parrot Mountain.   It was fun.  Many great pictures.   I think we ended up spending 2 hours or more there.

OberGatlingburg was nice too if I remember correctly.   We also did a lot of hiking in the mountains.   There are a few pretty waterfall nearby.     I don't recall if we visited caves that trip or on a different trip.

Have fun!

:),
Jules

Be there about a week. Look forward to exploring everywhere.

"We can go to Japan, and you chose Tennessee? Babe, that's just wrong."

"You remember when we went to Japan and all the men there kept staring at me?"

"Yes, and it pissed me off."

"Now all the rednecks can stare at you."

:D

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #949 on: August 11, 2016, 02:13:09 AM

It didn't really "make my day", but it's always amusing to see Karma in action.

One prize moron nearly rear-ended me coming out of the Mixmaster this morning (it's an ugly interchange in Dallas on the 35E).  He was violently lane-changing and exceeding anything like common sense.  Courtesy doesn't exist in HIS world.  A minute and about 10 cars further along I saw a cloud of smoke, so I immediately (softly) applied the brakes, signaled and moved away from it.  Yep, same asswipe, with the whole front of his car mangled all to hell, and his car wasn't moving.  About 800 feet along I saw a van pulling over with a crunched rear-end, but it was drive-able.  People were honking as they drove around Mr. Congeniality.  :D

I felt bad for the person he rear-ended.  They didn't need the drama.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

ChirpingGirl

Reply #950 on: August 12, 2016, 04:26:10 PM
It's my birthday. And for my birthday I... got my wife an R2D2 trash can for the home theater.  :roll:

It's a tradition we have since our birthdays are only days apart.

Offline Piper-Dreams

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
  • Meow
Reply #951 on: August 12, 2016, 04:44:59 PM
It's my birthday. And for my birthday I... got my wife an R2D2 trash can for the home theater.  :roll:

:aol_anal:

ChirpingGirl

Reply #952 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:23 PM

:aol_anal:

:aol_doggystyle:

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #953 on: August 13, 2016, 04:29:45 AM

Mildly amusing... I got home, went into the "living room - cum - computer lab" and turned on the ceiling fan.  One of my pink geckos had gotten inside and was on the fan blade, and it went skydiving "WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!"  It wasn't hurt; I corralled it and took it back outside into the bushes.

A family of geckos beat poison ANY day of the week for bug control!  :emot_laughing:

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #954 on: August 13, 2016, 04:37:10 AM

Mildly amusing... I got home, went into the "living room - cum - computer lab" and turned on the ceiling fan.  One of my pink geckos had gotten inside and was on the fan blade, and it went skydiving "WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!"  It wasn't hurt; I corralled it and took it back outside into the bushes.

A family of geckos beat poison ANY day of the week for bug control!  :emot_laughing:

LOL....Geesh Rope........if you want lizards for pest control why don't you just get a couple of Komodo Dragons??  Guaranteed to kill everything...and I mean everything.
 :D

Love,
Liz

ChirpingGirl

Reply #955 on: August 13, 2016, 02:33:15 PM
Had the best birthday ever, then my wife gave me the gift of her going down on me for two hours.  :D

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #956 on: August 15, 2016, 04:38:20 AM
Back from vacation.

What made my day -- two words.

Bison Steak

Wife was asking what was for lunch and to give me some sort of idea of a direction, I asked if she had any supper thoughts. She told me she had already decided, went to the fridge and pulled out two top sirloin BISON STEAKS. Which I barbequed to perfection (rare to medium rare).

That is all.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #957 on: August 15, 2016, 04:49:39 AM
I love stilton soup!

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #958 on: August 15, 2016, 04:23:11 PM
Making chicken fried ribeyes, mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits and cream gravy, then having my kids say my food is "better than a restaurant!"

Spent our vacation with the two grand sons (never again are we having them with us together). Had a vacation rental in the North Okanagan a bit north of Kelowna. Breakfast and supper at "home" everyday. The kids (6 and 12 year old cousins which explains why they won't be here together again) raved about my and my wife's cooking.

That is all.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #959 on: August 15, 2016, 04:33:13 PM
We slept without air conditioning for the first time in forever. My wife snuggled into to me for warmth.

I even had to put a blanky on the baby.  :D