KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What made your day today?/100 Happy Days  (Read 35653 times)
IdleBoast
Freakishly Strange

Fame 190

« Reply #1530 on: June 13, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »

I got a new job!

Same thing, but a new employer who should appreciate me more, and more stability of income.

HOMO SUM HUMANI A ME NIHIL ALIENUM PUTO
(Go on, ask me, I might say yes)
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Freakishly Strange

Fame 500

« Reply #1531 on: June 15, 2017, 04:53:16 AM »

Getting a green-light from the cardiologist earlier today.  He's quite pleased with my recent changes in diet, although he still nags about smoking.  He's not nearly as strident as before, since I'm making an effort.

His nurse / medical assistant confided that I was in better shape than anyone my age that he'd seen, so please take his grumpy-ness with a grain of salt.  Cheesy

Though truthfully, I don't have any cardiac artery disease any longer, since he put a stent in to correct the one small area where there was an obstruction.  His angiogram look at all of the other arteries around the heart read "no significant artery disease" for each spot he looked at, which translates to "no significant arteriosclerosis anywhere" (what killed my dad and his brother).  I finally got him to agree that LDL cholesterol doesn't CAUSE arteriosclerosis, it's merely a risk factor for it.  Since I'm pushing 60 and don't have it yet, the other elements aren't in place to cause a problem.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I'll do you (paraphrased)
MintJulie
Version 7.4
Freakishly Strange

Fame 189

« Reply #1532 on: June 16, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »

My bf has been gone for the last couple days because of work.   I'm picking him up at the airport in 4 hours.   

"Remember this is just a message board, please do not take stuff so seriously" - A KB member
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 517

« Reply #1533 on: June 19, 2017, 04:18:49 AM »

My bf has been gone for the last couple days because of work.   I'm picking him up at the airport in 4 hours.   

A big "O" marathon coming right up!   emot_kiss

MintJulie
Version 7.4
Freakishly Strange

Fame 189

« Reply #1534 on: June 19, 2017, 04:55:24 AM »

hahaha.   I had a special treat planned where we would drive to the cell phone waiting lot just off airport grounds.   I had blankets and sleeping bags in the back of the SUV.   But I chickened out. Sad   So we came to my house and the rest of the afternoon, evening and night was very pleasant.  Smiley    We missed each other A LOT.

"Remember this is just a message board, please do not take stuff so seriously" - A KB member
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 98

« Reply #1535 on: June 20, 2017, 04:01:08 AM »

hahaha.   I had a special treat planned where we would drive to the cell phone waiting lot just off airport grounds.   I had blankets and sleeping bags in the back of the SUV.   But I chickened out. Sad   So we came to my house and the rest of the afternoon, evening and night was very pleasant.  Smiley    We missed each other A LOT.
Congrats on the self control and waiting til you got home.  Did you make it to the bed, or just start in as soon as you got through the door?  Nosy people want to know these things! Grin

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.
MintJulie
Version 7.4
Freakishly Strange

Fame 189

« Reply #1536 on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:28 PM »

My bf has been gone for the last couple days because of work.   I'm picking him up at the airport in 4 hours.  

A big "O" marathon coming right up!   emot_kiss

hahaha.   I had a special treat planned where we would drive to the cell phone waiting lot just off airport grounds.   I had blankets and sleeping bags in the back of the SUV.   But I chickened out. Sad   So we came to my house and the rest of the afternoon, evening and night was very pleasant.  Smiley    We missed each other A LOT.
Congrats on the self control and waiting til you got home.  Did you make it to the bed, or just start in as soon as you got through the door?  Nosy people want to know these things! Grin

Yes, we made it through the door.  

He had to take a work call just before we got to my house.   Just after entering the house, I got his attention for a moment and told him I was going to put on my bathing suit, as we were going to relax by the pool for the remainder of the afternoon.  I changed into one of my most daring 2 piece and headed back downstairs.

When he caught sight of me, it distracted him from his phone call.   To distract him further, I handed him some sunscreen lotion and asked him to do my back.     As he was applying it, I untied the string at the back of the neck and asked him to lotion me on the back of my neck.     He knew what I was doing .......teasing him.    I felt the other tie at the back release.  I turned my head and, mockingly, gave him an appalling look.    Holding my top on in front with my forearm, I turned and sat in his lap and squirted some lotion in his free hand and placed it on my upper chest.  

He abruptly said into the phone, "Guys, I have to go.   I'll report on the rest of the trip in the office on Monday."    

After he set his phone down he pulled my arm away, along with my top.

End of story...  Use your imagination from there Mr nosy MSSlave.  

We did make it out to the pool a couple of hours later.

vinney
POM - March 2012 - October 2014 - December 2015 - POY 2015
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 810

Excuse me ma'am... you're sitting on my tonka toy.

« Reply #1537 on: June 20, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

Shocked Good for Jules...

Collecting my wife from hospital after a complication kept her in overnight... she's sleeping like a baby just now...

If you've got a cock then use it, if you're a lady abuse it.
msslave
Freakishly Strange

Fame 98

« Reply #1538 on: June 21, 2017, 04:58:48 AM »

Went for a ride on the Mississippi with the wife and a few members of our Camera Club.  Very peaceful and saw lots of birds, including Eagles, Osprey, Great Blue Herons and Great White Egrets.

One of the members of the club who was with us in South Dakota said she had so much fun she told her boss she'll be putting in her retirement papers next year. Cheesy

Well trained and been made compliant....by our two cats.
JBRG
Freakishly Strange

Fame 86

« Reply #1539 on: June 22, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »

I don't know if this qualifies as a made my day thing but --- the bin has been delivered this morning. The destruction of the kitchen can begin in earnest. Kinda scary if you ask me. A complete gutting and reno of the kitchen. New cabinets, floor, plumbing. The only thing not really being touched is the location of the electrical boxes for the lights on the ceiling (way too much work involved for that).

We are doing the demolition part ourselves and paying others to put everything back together. It will be an interesting 4-6 weeks without a functioning kitchen.
JBRG
Freakishly Strange

Fame 86

« Reply #1540 on: Today at 01:11:55 AM »

OK. So I got half of the cabinets off the wall yesterday. Had a tile removing machine reserved and was all set to go with kitchen demo. Well, the tile remover that I had reserved was broken. I go home, put on my safety gear and start whacking away with a pry bar and sledge hammer. I got half the tile removed from the kitchen before help showed up at about 11 AM.

Between my wife and a family friend working away at the remaining tile and my brother and I taking down the rest of the cabinets and destroying, we were done is just over an hour.

We still need to scrape the hardened thin-set off the sub floor but I must say that kitchen reno is off to a good start.
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Freakishly Strange

Fame 500

« Reply #1541 on: Today at 03:20:16 AM »

BACON!  Grin

Damn, I'd forgotten how much I missed it.

For those of you that don't know me well, I've recently gone from organic vegetarian to autoimmune Paleo diet.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I'll do you (paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: