What MADE your day today?

Well Behaved Lady · 256273

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3180 on: August 14, 2019, 01:05:51 AM

Got my internet back... my old cablemodem went all pear-shaped on me and decided to ignore the proper DNS servers.  It was saying SORRY, CONNECTION NOT FOUND to just about everywhere I wanted to go.  Yeah, that isn't the proper answer, hardware.  You either FIND a connection or you're going in the trash. 

Well, it's officially on it's way to the local landfill.  It didn't think I was serious.  Oops.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

psiberzerker

Reply #3181 on: August 14, 2019, 01:51:44 AM
Lots of fun player made campaigns on Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TBS for short.)

_priapism

Reply #3182 on: August 15, 2019, 06:04:06 PM
Got up to discover wifey used the last coffee pod, then did not even bother to take her coffee to work.  Cold coffee... 

But then I remembered... French press!  And chicory coffee from Cafe du Monde.  So enjoying a jet black cup of hot pressed Joe with a croissant. Life is good.

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3183 on: August 16, 2019, 01:57:09 AM
Wifey made deep fried brie for the kids.

Hearing them "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm" is sooooo cute.  ;D

_priapism

Reply #3184 on: August 16, 2019, 02:45:59 AM
I made a Baked Ziti Bolognese.  So good.  I ramped up the mozzarella and Parmesan.  Cheesy good.

Offline msslave

• Co-POY 2019
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1313/-3
Reply #3185 on: August 16, 2019, 01:08:18 PM
The cats and I got up close and personal with a Peregrine Falcon yesterday.

I was outside with both kitties just before lunch yesterday.  Our neighbor has a couple of large hosta plants and some other viney thing that I have to cut back to clear the sidewalk a few times every summer.  There's a lot of mice in the this mass of greenery and the cats spend lots of time watching and hoping to pounce.

The boy was up on the front step with me, while the girl cat was intently staring into the growth.  All of a sudden, a large bird swooped in front of me and crashed into the plantings, disappearing into the greenery.  Injured bird or what?  Before I could investigate the bird flew up and away from us.

Now I got a good glimpse before it disappeared and saw the gray and white bars on the tail.  A Peregrine Falcon!  No doubt leaving with some lunch in it's talons.  They rarely miss their target.

This bird is one of my top ten favorites, tho' I rarely get to see one.  The Peregrine is the fastest animal on earth, diving at speeds of over 220 miles an hour.  They can spot prey from hundreds of feet in the air, dive to the ground and generally grab what they've gone after.  They're so fast the prey never knows they're coming, until they're grasped in talons and rising in the air.

Got up and close with one several years ago at Hawk Ridge in Duluth, MN. They capture birds there as they detour around Lake Superior, heading south in the fall.  Here's a shot of one being released.

Well trained and been made compliant....by my cat Neville

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1753/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3186 on: August 16, 2019, 02:34:21 PM
So cool, MS!

I was able to visit one when I was about 18 years old.   It was not an adult yet.  The Michigan DNR introduced them to some of the skyscrapers in Detroit in the 80's.   Around my first year out of high school, the bird wasn't fully adapt at flying and they figured some of the winds around the tall buildings was the cause of it falling and crash landing.   It was cared for at the Detroit Zoo and my father knew one of the vets there.   My sister and I were able to visit with it.   It's my favorite bird because of that experience.   I'm glad they are thriving now after being endangered before.

Speaking of extinction...  GIANT PENGUINS  (Crossvallia waiparensis)  :(
https://www.livescience.com/newfound-ancient-monster-penguin.html
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:22:06 PM by MintJulie »

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline Jed_

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +413/-12
  • I really am a demon that defiles helpless girls
    • Forbidden Forced Fantasy
Reply #3187 on: August 16, 2019, 05:18:54 PM
I read about the giant penguin fossil Jules, paleontology being one of my interests.

Being big has a definite short term advantage, but it doesn’t have long term sustainability.  At least the giant penguins probably weren’t driven to extinction by humans like the moa and giant cave bear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/science/2019/08/humans-not-glaciers-wiped-out-ice-age-cave-bears-ancient-dna-shows

And now I suppose I’ll get into a speciation and extinction debate with someone.

_priapism

Reply #3188 on: August 16, 2019, 05:21:26 PM

And now I suppose I’ll get into a speciation and extinction debate with someone.

I have that thought every time I hit “post.”   :emot_laughing:

psiberzerker

Reply #3189 on: August 16, 2019, 05:56:16 PM
I have a feeling that the Speciation/Extinction Debate would have to be conducted in 1408, or Politics, as we don't have a child-forum for Science!

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3190 on: August 16, 2019, 05:58:26 PM
Going away for a few days on a weekend trip with some of Dan's friend.

His one friend is a HUGE bourbon fan boy and has promised to have something special for me.     Us two and one other guy are the only bourbon drinkers.  

And I love all the wives(and one girlfriend).   We all get along so good.

Taco party tonight.  Golfing on Saturday, weather is supposed to be beautiful.  Steaks with sauteed mushrooms, with scallops and shrimp scampi after golf.  Made to order omelettes on Sunday morning.  And a surprise for Saturday morning breakfast our host isn't revealing.
I'm going to feel so fat by Sunday night.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #3191 on: August 16, 2019, 06:07:35 PM

And a surprise for Saturday morning breakfast our host isn't revealing.

Anal sex.  Take a pillow.  Safe travels.

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3192 on: August 16, 2019, 06:21:27 PM

And a surprise for Saturday morning breakfast our host isn't revealing.

Anal sex.

What?  No!   

Wait......he did mention something about golf lessons.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

_priapism

Reply #3193 on: August 16, 2019, 06:27:35 PM

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:51:40 PM by ToeinH20 »

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3194 on: August 16, 2019, 06:50:05 PM
Last weekend of Summer vacation.  ;D

I can't wait to have a mostly empty house again!!

And my sister and her wifey and daughter are not moving to New York to start their careers. They're staying local!  ;D

If it weren't for the heatwave coming I'd be super happy right now.  :roll:

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3195 on: August 16, 2019, 07:01:45 PM

And my sister and her wifey and daughter are not moving to New York to start their careers. They're staying local!  ;D

Good news.   I know how happy this makes you.

Version 9.15
POY 2016

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3196 on: August 16, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
Very. But they were going to go. But then they thought about it and didn't find the idea of their daughter growing up in New York to be a great idea after all. Plus she wouldn't have her whole family with her and above all they didn't want to deal with the big city. They agreed it's a nice place to visit, not live.

So they're going to end up working just about fifteen minutes away from home and in the same place together, so that's awesome!  :D

Plus we're going to start charging them rent and bills.  ;D

If a woman in a wheelchair can help pay bills and buy groceries, so can they. Plus their education was very expensive and it's time to give back. And we bought them an outlander sport last year. And we still financially support them.

:roll:

Yep. Time to start chipping in, ladies. Put that education to good use.  :D

Offline MintJulie

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #3197 on: August 16, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
Going away for a few days on a weekend trip with some of Dan's friend.

And my three days away from home and technology begins in ...

Version 9.15
POY 2016

psiberzerker

Reply #3198 on: August 16, 2019, 09:27:29 PM
You sure earned it over the past month.  Coming back to work, after you burned out on Pedo stories?  I just hope that's enough time to recover.

Have a nice weekend...

ChirpingGirl

Reply #3199 on: August 16, 2019, 10:08:10 PM
We already miss Jules.  :roll: