Up-skirts legal?

Lois · 1286

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
on: October 20, 2014, 04:53:31 PM
This news has been floating about on the internet:

Upskirt photo case tossed out: Creepshots don’t violate women’s privacy, judge rules
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/upskirt-photo-case-tossed-out-creepshots-dont-violate-womens-privacy-judge-rules/

Sorry folks, this ruling does not mean the taking of up-skirts is legal.  In fact, this is not really about the taking of photos usually known as up-skirts at all.

If you take extraordinary tenths to take an up-skirt, like putting a shoe-cam on your foot or camera on some other object so that you can place it between a standing woman's legs to take a picture you are still going to get prosecuted if they catch you.  Taking such extraordinary lengths to get your photo is de-facto proof that you are violating an expected privacy.

This case was about exposures that happen in everyday situations like walking up stairs or sitting down with your legs open.  If some guy is poised to take advantage of these incidents (without going through extraordinary lengths) he can take your picture because you are in a public place and have no expectation of privacy.

I hope this is clear now.

Offline anvil

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +66/-8
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:52 AM
extraordinary lengths? OK so I suppose the guy caught inside the tank of a john at a national forest camping area near Denver in a wetsuit taking pics was convicted?     :emot_weird:

Deus subrisum stultusi et ferrari

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:46:59 AM
extraordinary lengths? OK so I suppose the guy caught inside the tank of a john at a national forest camping area near Denver in a wetsuit taking pics was convicted?     :emot_weird:

LOL!  I should hope so!