KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Guy/Gal With A Gun  (Read 13876 times)
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -7

« Reply #795 on: February 20, 2020, 09:34:02 AM »

Roll Eyes  facepalm Oh Lois, there is so much wrong with this article (as well as the one that was linked) and the rest is just not telling the whole story with all the available info that even a 9 year old can find and study.

With articles like this and people such as yourself eating it up, I feel confident things will remain in the firearm owners favor. Thank you for sharing. This article put me to sleep multiple times.

Have you given up your .357 yet?

Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #796 on: February 21, 2020, 02:50:25 AM »

Why would I give up my .357?  I'm not the one lying to myself and pretending that a hammer is just as dangerous as a firearm.

Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -7

« Reply #797 on: February 21, 2020, 05:12:38 AM »

Well you think having a firearm is more dangerous than not having one so I figured you would get rid of it by now. Aren’t you more likely to be murdered if you have a firearm, according to your article you posted?
Right because blunt force objects only tickle the person being hit with them.  Haha you think you got it all figured out but you choose to act clueless instead.

Here ya go Lois...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2013/jan/30/greg-abbott/greg-abbott-says-according-fbi-more-people-are-kil/

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/berks-county-double-murder-suicide-hammer-fire-union-township-pennsylvania/2226521/

https://fox8.com/news/woman-accused-of-using-hammer-to-kill-mother-to-appear-in-court/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/01/24/metro/husband-pleads-guilty-killing-transgender-activist-spouse-berkshires/

I guess by your thinking if you own a hammer then you are more likely to be murdered rather than have a well maintained home. Oh and would you look at that..., blunt force objects have been known to be used to kill more people than the use of rifles...hmmm. Yet no concern for those lost to some asshat swinging a hammer. Maybe it’s the guns fault, yeah gotta be the guns fault for all those deaths from the use of blunt force objects.
Pretty sure I didn’t say hammers are dangerous. Have yet to see a hammer, or a firearm for that matter, get up and kill someone. The person swinging the hammer can be dangerous just as the person with a firearm can be dangerous. You make me laugh tho with how you are stuck on this. My 6 year old seems to have a better grasp on this than you.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 08:13:29 AM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #798 on: February 23, 2020, 03:18:40 AM »

So why do you need firearms when you have a hammer?

joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #799 on: February 23, 2020, 06:30:58 AM »

Need is not part of the equation at all.

So why do you need firearms when you have a hammer?

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -7

« Reply #800 on: February 23, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »

Seems a rather ridiculous question doesn’t it? Look, you are just being difficult and I expect that from you. I have given you plenty of evidence against your thinking and you are boring me with your lack of knowledge and understanding on such an issue.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:04:00 AM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #801 on: February 23, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »

Au contraire! You are the one making the assertion that hammers are just as dangerous as guns.  And yet, in a duel would you choose a hammer over a gun?  Are hammer's sold with a disclamer or warning to keep out of reach of children?  Are children playing with hammers likely to get more than a smashed finger?  What might happen if a child plays with a loaded gun?

You only make yourself look a fool when you make the assertion that hammers are just as dangerous as guns.

Thank goodness guns are not as common as hammers, or likely deaths resulting from guns would skyrocket.  When murder is merely a crime of passion (anger), the person filled with anger grabs the first available object and vents their fury.  That object could be a hammer, a frying pan, a baseball bat, bare hands, or a gun.  And yet gun deaths are right up there with blunt-force trauma deaths.  Why?  Because they are far deadlier.

And yet what about those who set about to do violence without such passion?  Often these people use guns.  This is why it is important to have back-ground checks so we can keep guns out of the hands of those who see violence as a means to an end.

Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -7

« Reply #802 on: February 23, 2020, 11:25:41 PM »

Haha oh good lord. Again Lois... a hammer that is swung by someone to cause damage to another can as well cause death. A bullet can cause death as well so therefore wouldn’t that mean that they are both capable of causing the same result? Just as not every bullet will find its mark neither will every hammer strike...right? So if this too is a truth then why is that? Because the person using the tool (be it a firearm, car, hammer etc etc) is the dangerous one. The “fool” is the one that disputes a hammer in the hands of someone that means to do harm is not as dangerous as a firearm in the same hands. The potential is there for both tools.
I find it extremely amusing that you comment on such things as background checks like I dispute the usefulness of them. Haha you really are difficult and love to argue points that are so clear to even little kids. Why are you trying to confuse yourself with crime of passion? What I have explained is truth no matter what. Even if it’s defending yourself. Hahaha...Make it as complicated as you please, I’m game, bored with you but game.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 03:54:00 AM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #803 on: February 24, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »

Then let's have a duel.  I get a shotgun and you get a hammer.  emot_laughing

Gunnerman19
Deviant

Fame -7

« Reply #804 on: February 25, 2020, 01:05:11 AM »

You are truly a fool Lois. Yet again you seem to miss simple shit because you are completely dedicated to fool yourself. The joke is obviously on yourself sweetheart
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:17:19 AM by Gunnerman19 » Logged
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #805 on: March 03, 2020, 06:46:10 PM »

David Lacey sought to protect his family and home from trespassers, who were causing a ruckus on his property in the middle of the night.

Good going, David!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/444778-los-angeles-das-husband-pull-gun-on-black-lives-matter-protesters-protesting-on-his-porch/

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much, but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.
Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #806 on: March 03, 2020, 08:19:35 PM »

Roll Eyes

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #807 on: March 03, 2020, 11:02:00 PM »

Roll Eyes

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/weasel-zippers/
joan1984
Burnt at the stake

Fame 322

Co-POY 2011

« Reply #808 on: March 04, 2020, 12:36:39 AM »

Are you challenging the validity of the story, Lois? A simple 'Google' search would have found you a bunch of left leaning sources to the same story, if you looked... I don't usually seek out leftist sources for "news", and so I offered a source where the story was handy to grab the link.

I can skip attaching any link in the future, since that seems your preference.
Please cease 'shooting the messenger'.

Lois
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 639

« Reply #809 on: March 04, 2020, 01:19:55 AM »

Are you challenging the validity of the story, Lois? A simple 'Google' search would have found you a bunch of left leaning sources to the same story, if you looked... I don't usually seek out leftist sources for "news", and so I offered a source where the story was handy to grab the link.

I can skip attaching any link in the future, since that seems your preference.
Please cease 'shooting the messenger'.

I was rolling my eyes at the need to threaten people with guns that are excersizing their 1st Amendment rights. If any laws were broken, call the police.  Don't turn vigilante.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: