KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Quick question about how the board shows up.

Mason · 2774

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +10/-2
on: February 05, 2015, 01:13:48 AM
When I log on, I see all the posts of the day. Pics and Vids don't show when not logged in. Is there a way to make it so I DON'T see pics and vids displayed in the open forum after I log in? I'm not asking for them to be removed from everyone, just make it so they don't appear when I log on? The pics and vids threads aren't really my thing and I was just wondering if there was a way to skip them. It would make weeding my way to the other topics a tad easier.

Thank you, WHOEVER can answer this inquiry.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +614/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:32:36 AM
Mason, this is the bookmark location I use for KB:
http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?action=unread

What i see is a list of any posts since the last time I was in KB. No pics, no vids, unless i click on that thread, which is clearly marked as a vid or pic thread.

I peruse the posts, choose what I wish to view, and go from there.

It is a all text, pretty much, screen, perhaps with some mini avitars?

When i conclude my visit, I clear any posts I did not view, essentially marking them as being viewed, and they vanish. When next I may go to some thread, i may find there are several posts I have not seen, as I had cleared them from my 'un-viewed posts' on some previous occasion. No problem, I can view the thread as long as I wish, or go thru numerous posts if I like, at any time.

Let me know if this helps. It is all about what you choose to bookmark.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:35:31 AM by joan1984 »

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 03:36:15 AM
Mason, this is the bookmark location I use for KB:
http://www.kristensboard.com/forums/index.php?action=unread

What i see is a list of any posts since the last time I was in KB. No pics, no vids, unless i click on that thread, which is clearly marked as a vid or pic thread.

I peruse the posts, choose what I wish to view, and go from there.

It is a all text, pretty much, screen, perhaps with some mini avitars?

When i conclude my visit, I clear any posts I did not view, essentially marking them as being viewed, and they vanish. When next I may go to some thread, i may find there are several posts I have not seen, as I had cleared them from my 'un-viewed posts' on some previous occasion. No problem, I can view the thread as long as I wish, or go thru numerous posts if I like, at any time.

Let me know if this helps. It is all about what you choose to bookmark.

It does indeed, I really appreciate that.  :D

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 02:28:57 PM

Does this have some meaning behind it Athos?

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:10 PM

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:47:07 PM
Captain Obvious, obviously.

I know nothing of that.

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:53:37 PM
Obviously.

Do you have an issue with me?

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 06:11:36 PM

I really don't understand you. What is the purpose of your post and that of Toe?

coacheric

Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:30 PM

I really don't understand you. What is the purpose of your post and that of Toe?

Well, I can only answer for myself, I'm laughing at you!

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 06:19:40 PM
Have I done something wrong? To have two moderators give me shit in this thread is something I don't understand.

coacheric

Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:54 PM
Have I done something wrong? To have two moderators give me shit in this thread is something I don't understand.

AS a mod, You have done nothing wrong on the board for me to interject

As a member, I have every right, as does anyone here, to laugh at members. I find that your getting a bit angry about some replies makes me laugh

As a human, my life is to short to really get into a long drawn out back and forth with you.

But thanks for playing

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 06:30:21 PM
AS a mod, You have done nothing wrong on the board for me to interject
As a member, I have every right, as does anyone here, to laugh at members. I find that your getting a bit angry about some replies makes me laugh

As a human, my life is to short to really get into a long drawn out back and forth with you.
But thanks for playing

Please don't consider my inquiry as anger. I'm really just trying to figure out what the heck is going on. It appears that one moderator thinks he knows me and another mocks me. I'm merely trying to figure out why?

coacheric

Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 06:49:31 PM

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 06:53:13 PM
If you don't like the way the home page opens up for you, check your browser settings.  Joan merely suggested you open a different link that appears on the homepage.  My "captain obvious comment" was not directed to you, because Joan's response did not address your complaint.  It would be like saying, "If you don't like the way the home page opens up, don't open the home page."  So you've called me Athos today and tossed out negative karma.  I don't ask you to explain yourself, and I certainly owe you none.
You couldn't have simply explained this before? I see folks post those silly memes as some sort of strange reply and it confused me. Then I gave you negative Karma as a result of your lack of ability to say what you mean and mean what you say. It is hard enough to read into the written word that lacks clarity. Let alone silly memes (just like Athos). Then you, in retaliation for negative karma return the favor and mention that you think you know me from somewhere. What's a person to think? Since my arrival here, I have avoided all controversy up to this point and this isn't anything I really wanted to "get into".

I don't believe I have disrespected anyone here.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3086/-41
Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 07:02:01 PM

I see folks post those silly memes as some sort of strange reply and it confused me.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Bexy

Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:41 PM
When I log on, I see all the posts of the day. Pics and Vids don't show when not logged in. Is there a way to make it so I DON'T see pics and vids displayed in the open forum after I log in? I'm not asking for them to be removed from everyone, just make it so they don't appear when I log on? The pics and vids threads aren't really my thing and I was just wondering if there was a way to skip them. It would make weeding my way to the other topics a tad easier.

Thank you, WHOEVER can answer this inquiry.

I assume you check new threads via the Show unread posts / Show new replies to your posts  functions? I don't know what medium you use to check this site, but on my laptop when I check the new or unread posts, there is marked in small print the section in which the thread was posted. If it says 'in Pics & Vids' I don't open it and basically just ignore those threads. Not sure if this is how you prefer to surf the board, but that's basically how I do it.

Offline Mason

• Degenerate
Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 07:12:28 PM

I assume you check new threads via the Show unread posts / Show new replies to your posts  functions? I don't know what medium you use to check this site, but on my laptop when I check the new or unread posts, there is marked in small print the section in which the thread was posted. If it says 'in Pics & Vids' I don't open it and basically just ignore those threads. Not sure if this is how you prefer to surf the board, but that's basically how I do it.

I have done that, I was just wondering if there was a setting that would allow me to log onto the home page and only see the threads that don't include pics and vids. There are times when I log on and they are pretty numerous. It isn't anything I can't work around. It is just a minor inconvenience.

Thank you ma'am.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-52
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 08:42:07 PM

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

snowm

Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:44 PM
somethings haven't changed