KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Quick question about how the board shows up.

Mason · 2755

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3071/-41
Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 12:47:57 AM

somethings haven't changed

Nope.

Then again, I agreed with you three separate times yesterday.

So there's that...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

coacheric

Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 03:28:47 AM

Nope.

So there's that...

See, things do change

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1375/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:02 PM

Nope.

So there's that...

See, things do change

Gonfalon

Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 05:51:54 AM
I have done that, I was just wondering if there was a setting that would allow me to log onto the home page and only see the threads that don't include pics and vids. There are times when I log on and they are pretty numerous. It isn't anything I can't work around. It is just a minor inconvenience.

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a way to filter specific users and topics from the list of unread messages. Currently I'm cherry-picking the messages that might be interesting, and then nuking what's left with 'Mark All As Read'. That strikes me as counter-intuitive.

_priapism

Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 06:50:59 AM
I have done that, I was just wondering if there was a setting that would allow me to log onto the home page and only see the threads that don't include pics and vids. There are times when I log on and they are pretty numerous. It isn't anything I can't work around. It is just a minor inconvenience.

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a way to filter specific users and topics from the list of unread messages. Currently I'm cherry-picking the messages that might be interesting, and then nuking what's left with 'Mark All As Read'. That strikes me as counter-intuitive.

Unfortunately KB’s operating software does not allow you to block specific members. So you’re going to see everything. I have pretty much used the same system you are employing, for the last 12 years. A little hack that I have found useful is to click “show most recent posts in the forum.” It is right above the karma and stats buttons. You can scroll quickly through 20, 30, 40, posts. Look at the ones that interest you, then mark all read.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 02:05:42 PM
A little hack that I have found useful is to click “show most recent posts in the forum.” It is right above the karma and stats buttons. You can scroll quickly through 20, 30, 40, posts. Look at the ones that interest you, then mark all read.

As a moderator, we review every post, so to get through my daily duties, this is the system I use as soon as I login.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:00:33 AM by MintJulie »

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline purpleshoes

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +428/-10
Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 02:32:45 PM
I use the "Show unread posts since last visit" which is right under your username at the top of the page. There are usually between 1-3 pages and using the back button it makes quick work and I can skip the pics posts quite easily.

It might take a few more clicks but it allows me to see all the posts in a given topic at the same time so there's more continuity in each topic. To each his own.