KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question about how the board shows up.  (Read 1845 times)
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2259

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 07:02:01 PM »

I see folks post those silly memes as some sort of strange reply and it confused me.

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Bexy
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »

When I log on, I see all the posts of the day. Pics and Vids don't show when not logged in. Is there a way to make it so I DON'T see pics and vids displayed in the open forum after I log in? I'm not asking for them to be removed from everyone, just make it so they don't appear when I log on? The pics and vids threads aren't really my thing and I was just wondering if there was a way to skip them. It would make weeding my way to the other topics a tad easier.

Thank you, WHOEVER can answer this inquiry.

I assume you check new threads via the Show unread posts / Show new replies to your posts  functions? I don't know what medium you use to check this site, but on my laptop when I check the new or unread posts, there is marked in small print the section in which the thread was posted. If it says 'in Pics & Vids' I don't open it and basically just ignore those threads. Not sure if this is how you prefer to surf the board, but that's basically how I do it.

Mason
Degenerate

Fame 8

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 07:12:28 PM »

I assume you check new threads via the Show unread posts / Show new replies to your posts  functions? I don't know what medium you use to check this site, but on my laptop when I check the new or unread posts, there is marked in small print the section in which the thread was posted. If it says 'in Pics & Vids' I don't open it and basically just ignore those threads. Not sure if this is how you prefer to surf the board, but that's basically how I do it.

I have done that, I was just wondering if there was a setting that would allow me to log onto the home page and only see the threads that don't include pics and vids. There are times when I log on and they are pretty numerous. It isn't anything I can't work around. It is just a minor inconvenience.

Thank you ma'am.
Athos_131
ΘΣ, Class of '92
Burnt at the stake

Fame 320

How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 08:42:07 PM »

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB
snowm
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:44 PM »

somethings haven't changed
MissBarbara
Burnt at the stake
Burnt at the stake

Fame 2259

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »

Nope.

Then again, I agreed with you three separate times yesterday.

So there's that...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

coacheric
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 03:28:47 AM »

Nope.

So there's that...

See, things do change
Gina Marie
So fucking done with it all.
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 1291

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »

Nope.

So there's that...

See, things do change

Gonfalon
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 05:51:54 AM »

I have done that, I was just wondering if there was a setting that would allow me to log onto the home page and only see the threads that don't include pics and vids. There are times when I log on and they are pretty numerous. It isn't anything I can't work around. It is just a minor inconvenience.

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a way to filter specific users and topics from the list of unread messages. Currently I'm cherry-picking the messages that might be interesting, and then nuking what's left with 'Mark All As Read'. That strikes me as counter-intuitive.

ToeinH2O
Ph.D in Perversity
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 741

Member since '08, MJ's inamorato, POY 2013, POM x3

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 06:50:59 AM »

I'm having the same problem and haven't found a way to filter specific users and topics from the list of unread messages. Currently I'm cherry-picking the messages that might be interesting, and then nuking what's left with 'Mark All As Read'. That strikes me as counter-intuitive.

Unfortunately KB’s operating software does not allow you to block specific members. So you’re going to see everything. I have pretty much used the same system you are employing, for the last 12 years. A little hack that I have found useful is to click “show most recent posts in the forum.” It is right above the karma and stats buttons. You can scroll quickly through 20, 30, 40, posts. Look at the ones that interest you, then mark all read.
MintJulie
Global Moderator Version 9.7
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 740

Madame Sheriff

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »

A little hack that I have found useful is to click “show most recent posts in the forum.” It is right above the karma and stats buttons. You can scroll quickly through 20, 30, 40, posts. Look at the ones that interest you, then mark all read.

As a moderator, we review every message, so to get through my daily duties, this is the system I use as soon as I login.

"In a world where you can be anything, be kind."
 - Caroline Flack
purpleshoes
Deviant

Fame 36

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »

I use the "Show unread posts since last visit" which is right under your username at the top of the page. There are usually between 1-3 pages and using the back button it makes quick work and I can skip the pics posts quite easily.

It might take a few more clicks but it allows me to see all the posts in a given topic at the same time so there's more continuity in each topic. To each his own.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: