KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

First Look of Ryan Reynold as Deadpool

Guest · 568

theclown74

on: March 28, 2015, 10:16:31 PM
Ryan Reynolds has pushed hard for a Deadpool spinoff movie from the X-Men franchise, and now that he has it, he’s celebrating in style. The actor spoofed Burt Reynolds' classic Cosmopolitan spread in the first picture of himself as Deadpool released by Fox, posing on a bearskin rug in front of a fire.

The Actor tweeted, "With great power, comes great irresponsibility." #deadpool #officialsuit @deadpoolmovie and "No bears were harmed in the making of this photo. Though many bears likely turned on."

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
    • Woos/Boos: +29/-0
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
Yasssssss.

I'm beyond excited for the snarky script.

"But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do."

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +208/-4
Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:29:42 PM
 ;D ;D ;D

I am SO HAPPY!!!

My love for Deadpool is recent, but growing rapidly. I've played the Deadpool video game for Xbox 360 twice now and I will do it a third time. I'm even tempted to read his comics.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• "I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
  • GG
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +508/-59
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 03:51:40 AM
I may have heard of Deadpool from the X-Men comics first but seeing him on X-Men Origins: Wolverine [man, I really wanted that X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel...] was really my first memory of who Deadpool is. Still not sure what to expect in the Deadpool movie: Is he going to be like the blabber mouth at the start of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine or that hideous experiment of Striker???

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant

theclown74

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:19:59 PM
I may have heard of Deadpool from the X-Men comics first but seeing him on X-Men Origins: Wolverine [man, I really wanted that X-Men Origins: Wolverine sequel...] was really my first memory of who Deadpool is. Still not sure what to expect in the Deadpool movie: Is he going to be like the blabber mouth at the start of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine or that hideous experiment of Striker???

He is going to be the TRUE version of Deadpool aka The Merc With the Mouth! Where he will spill his crazy one liners, kill people, break the 4th wall and put himself back together when he looses a limb or two.

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 09:45:18 PM
Sounds wild! It's going to be a fun movie.

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 03:54:34 AM

I'm not a big comic book person, but my husband is and when we say X-Men origins he told me that the way they portrayed Deadpool after Striker's experiment was awful and to just throw that as far from my mind as possible lol

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 04:03:40 AM

I'm not a big comic book person, but my husband is and when we say X-Men origins he told me that the way they portrayed Deadpool after Striker's experiment was awful and to just throw that as far from my mind as possible lol

Hubs is correct. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with how Origins went about it. Even the abilities weren't correct. It was kind of a slap in the face when I saw the morphed mouth...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:13:49 AM by kittykass »

"But captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do."

Offline GEMINIGUY

• GG
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:14 AM
You've got to understand the Deadpool in the movie was Striker's twisted experiement, while i'm not saying it was an important part of the movie it made a great fight scene at the end with Logan, Victor and Deadpool. I hated that the woman Logan loved had to die at the end, but i'm glad she got Striker good before she died.

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:02:18 PM
You've got to understand the Deadpool in the movie was Striker's twisted experiement, while i'm not saying it was an important part of the movie it made a great fight scene at the end with Logan, Victor and Deadpool. I hated that the woman Logan loved had to die at the end, but i'm glad she got Striker good before she died.

While I agree it was a great fight scene (that was my first look at Deadpool myself) since I have now educated myself on the true Deadpool, that look into him in X-Men origins was an absolute slap in the face. The real Deadpool is SO much better.

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 04:57:53 PM
While I agree it was a great fight scene (that was my first look at Deadpool myself) since I have now educated myself on the true Deadpool, that look into him in X-Men origins was an absolute slap in the face. The real Deadpool is SO much better.

It was just one of many problems with that movie. I think the issue was not so much that the character in the movie was worse so much as it was completely different. It's something that bothers me with the remake culture in Hollywood. It annoys me when they remake a movie or adapt an IP from a different medium and offer nothing new, but it's so much worse when they repurpose an element of it into something unrecognisable. It's a waste and disrespectful to the fans of the original. Better to just add something completely original.

While not Marvel, Let the Right One In is, by far, one of my favorite movies. Hollywood caught on when the vampire craze caught on. Direct and heartbreaking what Hollywood turned it into with Let Me In. I'm about to just give up and stubbornly stick to originals. I would go into detail, but I just recommend you sit down and watch both.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:03:40 PM by kittykass »

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 05:17:30 PM
While not Marvel, Let the Right One In is, by far, one of my favorite movies. Hollywood caught on when the vampire craze caught on. Direct and heartbreaking what Hollywood turned it into with Let Me In I'm about to just give up and stubbornly stick to originals. I would go into detail, but I just recommend you sit down and watch both.

I've seen both and I don't recall there being a huge difference, apart from the superficial stuff. If I remember right, the story and themes were essentially the same, though I dI'd enjoy the original more.

The Hollywood version was just too...campy for me. When I saw the original, I was edge-of-my-seat intrigued. I had that uncomfortable feeling when you're witnessing something truly creepy and original. With Let Me In, I was essentially unimpressed. I could chalk it up to enjoying the original so much, I suppose.

But, back to the topic at hand, another pitfall of Origins that irks me to no end is that they chose to make Wolverine and Sabretooth brothers. Call it a pet peeve, but that plot line just pissed me off from the start.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:20:38 PM by galaxybounce »

Offline kittykass

• Degenerate
  • Macabre Maiden
Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 12:07:34 AM

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 05:27:04 PM

Yasssssss

I saw this with my husband and I laughed my ass off. Ryan Reynolds is just the absolute perfect person to play Deadpool!