KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Tell me something interesting

thetaxmancometh · 2566

Offline brody

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +94/-0
Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 04:42:57 AM

Something Interesting....   When otters sleep, they hold hands with each other.   Michelle learned this when she was a docent at the Detroit Zoo.

Beautiful picture!

..... least they drift apart!

joe_and_michelle

Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 05:09:27 AM
Something Interesting....   When otters sleep, they hold hands with each other.   Michelle learned this when she was a docent at the Detroit Zoo.

Beautiful picture!

For whatever reason, I assumed it was just for the physical contact.  Hey, I love holding hands with my daughter and girlfriend, I just assumed it was a love thing between otters.
Well, I just looked it up and BROdy is correct, it's so they don't drift apart.  The act is actually referred to as rafting.  They may even wrap sea plants around them to secure the bond.

Offline brody

• Total freak
Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 05:17:02 AM

Beautiful picture!

For whatever reason, I assumed it was just for the physical contact.  Hey, I love holding hands with my daughter and girlfriend, I just assumed it was a love thing between otters.
Well, I just looked it up and BROdy is correct, it's so they don't drift apart.  The act is actually referred to as rafting.  They may even wrap sea plants around them to secure the bond.

But ain't that a beautiful picture for us'uns humans?
So that we don't physically and emotionally don't drift apart!?
I, for one, love it!

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #23 on: June 10, 2015, 05:18:56 AM
Peanut butter was created in 1895 by John Harvey Kellog as a means of providing protein for the elderly who in the days before regular dental care tended to have no teeth.

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 05:49:41 AM
Peanut butter was created in 1895 by John Harvey Kellog as a means of providing protein for the elderly who in the days before regular dental care tended to have no teeth.

Canadian Marcellus Gilmore Edson was awarded U.S. Patent 306,727 (for the manufacture of peanut butter) in 1884, 11 years before Kellogg.

Other makers of modern peanut butter include George Bayle, a snack-food maker in St. Louis, Missouri, who was making peanut butter with roasted peanuts as early as 1894.

Fuck dang!!!! Google fucked me!!!!!!!

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Bexy

Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:09 AM
I can pick up a golfball with my toes.

You are turning on someone by that statement, Bexy!

I am impressed that you had the patience to put all those letters in a different color. LOL  I'm way past such patience.

By the way, I'm working on trying to tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. But I've found the best way is to simply hide an already tied one in my mouth and then take it out after feigning I've tied the untied one I just put into my mouth.  :emot_laughing:

With Bexy, it doesn't take much, BROdy.   Ever since French Lesson, I look at this lovely lady in a whole different way.   Oh , quand elle met raconte son histoire . Magnifique !

I really should try to write a continuation to that one. LOL

Offline thetaxmancometh

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +21/-10
Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 06:36:23 PM

The left is what you THINK the world looks like. To the right is what the world actually looks like. The map we are all familiar with was invented to help in navigation but also to but Germany, where the map's inventer was from) in the center of the map. To the right is what the world looks like via accurate area representation. Or I can fuck with your mind and do this, also an accurate representation:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:39:48 PM by thetaxmancometh »

Bexy

joe_and_michelle

Reply #28 on: June 10, 2015, 09:56:16 PM
West Wing was a favorite of ours.   I recall the opening lines of the very first episode.  Never missed an episode, but I don't recall this.   It's freaking me out.

Offline thetaxmancometh

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +21/-10
Reply #29 on: June 10, 2015, 11:01:20 PM
I loved West Wing, even with it's liberal pap. This was from an episode I think was called "Big Wheel of Cheese" day.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 03:55:43 PM
My dad says the fastest man alive is a radio operator with a whip antenna, on a ridge line during an electrical storm.

Or he isn't alive very long thereafter.

Your Dad was correct, again.  But it wasn't an electrical storm that made one run fast... 8)

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

joe_and_michelle

Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 04:08:27 PM
The book that holds the Guinness World Record for "Book Most Often Stolen from Public Libraries" is.... The Guinness World Record book.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 05:23:27 PM
My dad says the fastest man alive is a radio operator with a whip antenna, on a ridge line during an electrical storm.

Your Dad was correct, again.  But it wasn't an electrical storm that made one run fast... 8)

Depends on the situation. In combat, my dad says RTOs would run the handset cable up their sleeve, and put the radio inside a backpack.

I recall reading a book where the Brits during the guerrilla war in Malaysia created a way for the point man to signal the patrol leader using a bow, and not their common hand signals.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

joe_and_michelle

Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 05:48:28 PM
#12 "To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let
you go instantly."

Yes, mostly useless, unless you happen to be caught in the jaws of a croc.   Wonder if this will work with gators, also?

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +535/-8
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 05:53:41 PM
#91 Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

I blinked reading this  :D

Offline redhatlover

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +255/-3
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 05:56:33 PM
Lot of interesting facts here.  Mostly useless, but some can help in trivial pursuit.

I am like Charlie the Tuna.  I don't want women with good taste, I want women who taste good.

Offline brody

• Total freak
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 06:15:04 PM
Lot of interesting facts here.  Mostly useless, but some can help in trivial pursuit.

Collective nouns are some of the oddest (and funniest) words in English.
Yes, we have a flock of birds, but games birds could be referred to as a Volary, Brace, Plump, or Knob.  And Albatross are a Rookery, whereas Alligators are a Congregation.

See: This Link of Collective Nouns

That link has a bunch of "Might Be" sort of namings—someone's humorous  imaginations—things like a "grid of electricians."  I know that some people working in epidemiology (the study of how diseases spread across large numbers of animals) have half-seriously proposed that a bunch of epidemiologists be called a "Case" or an "Outbreak" of Epidemiologists. 

:emot_laughing:

Offline brody

• Total freak
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 06:25:55 PM
So, what collective noun would work for us'uns in KB?  ;D

A Toe of Pervs?
A 'Bot of story writers?
A Vinney of Picture Posters?
A Phtlc of Cataphobes?
A Coach of Moderators?

;D

Offline redhatlover

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +255/-3
Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 06:55:49 PM
500 Mostly Useless Facts

79.  It has been estimated that humans use only 10% of their brain.

216.  The common idea that only 10% of the brain is used it not true as it is impossible to determine the actual percentage because of the complexity of the brain.

OK

I am like Charlie the Tuna.  I don't want women with good taste, I want women who taste good.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1605/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 08:14:58 PM

Your Dad was correct, again.  But it wasn't an electrical storm that made one run fast... 8)

Depends on the situation. In combat, my dad says RTOs would run the handset cable up their sleeve, and put the radio inside a backpack.

I recall reading a book where the Brits during the guerrilla war in Malaysia created a way for the point man to signal the patrol leader using a bow, and not their common hand signals.

If the platoon leader was a short timer, he did not want the RTO man anywhere near him.  I have had some long and very fast runs because of that. Glad I only packed a PRC-25 for a month or so. The Brits learned a lot about guerrilla war in Malaysia.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.