KRISTEN'S BOARD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Splain Asian women to me?  (Read 2398 times)
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 621

« on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:22 PM »

Lucy, I need some 'splainin...

There's a couple of Taiwanese women at work.  When they see me, they turn away or look at the floor.  I don't notice them doing that with the other guys, though truthfully they may and I'm not seeing it.

One looks extremely submissive (the one that looks at the floor) and the other is more aggressive (the one that looks away).

I don't speak Mandarin, so I have NO clue what the motions mean to them.  It simply confuses me as I'm missing the cultural referents.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)
GEMINIGUY
"I'm Rockin' My Life Away..."
Burnt at the stake

Fame 355

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:33:14 PM »

It's the jeans, bro.

"If it's good enough for the Gemini Guys
Then it's good enough for me" - Adam Ant
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 621

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 02:22:25 AM »

emot_laughing Well, yeah, that whole 'tuck my shirt into tight jeans' DOES have a secondary effect: I have a crotch bulge that pretty much only the 3 management types have, and they're Asian so nothing much to speak of probably.  All the other guys with shirttails out aren't showing.

If it makes a difference, I'm also noticeably more dominant than nearly everyone there, though not a Dom.  I don't have ANY need for a slave: partners are more fun!  Yeah, that  'Silverback gorilla' attitude isn't in my operating processes.

Did I perhaps say "Good morning!" one day and accidentally lock eyes for 1/10th second longer than is acceptable in Asian culture?  Due to the facial recognition bobble I have, I *do* look people in the eyes more than other folks do, as it's the only feature I can see on everyone.  I don't *stare*, but I do look you in the eyes.

edit: to make it clear, the one gal literally looks at the floor with head bowed, and the other turns her head off at a 45, it's not just eyes.  Am I intimidating them or something?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:25:42 AM by RopeFiend » Logged

Elizabeth
Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
Burnt at the stake

Fame 363

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 03:22:25 AM »

I'm only qualified to give advice about Russians.

I still think you need to hook up with that girl from Nepal in the Little Mermaid t-shirt.  That sounds like a match from heaven for you Rope.  Face it, when you are an exotic, it's a rare woman who both appreciates your qualities, and makes you hard as a nail.

Speaking of heaven, I'm planning a long term relationship with my 35 year old Russian Literature professor, including children.  I'm too old, yes; I know better, yes.  But isn't life about living?  That's why I'm ready to go.  I'll take every year I can get with this beautiful devochka.  My mind is blown.  And a few other parts of my body...

Translation.. "She Needs A Green Card"..??
 Cheesy
Just kidding.....I hope you are not being used for that.
Love,
Liz
Katiebee
Shield Maiden POY 2018
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 922

Achieving world domination, one body at a time.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 03:31:38 AM »

Yeah, leave the getting used for other purposes to those of us who should know better.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
Elizabeth
Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
Burnt at the stake

Fame 363

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 03:39:29 AM »

I'm only qualified to give advice about Russians.

I still think you need to hook up with that girl from Nepal in the Little Mermaid t-shirt.  That sounds like a match from heaven for you Rope.  Face it, when you are an exotic, it's a rare woman who both appreciates your qualities, and makes you hard as a nail.

Speaking of heaven, I'm planning a long term relationship with my 35 year old Russian Literature professor, including children.  I'm too old, yes; I know better, yes.  But isn't life about living?  That's why I'm ready to go.  I'll take every year I can get with this beautiful devochka.  My mind is blown.  And a few other parts of my body...

Translation.. "She Needs A Green Card"..??
 Cheesy
Just kidding.....I hope you are not being used for that.
Love,
Liz

She has a HB-1 visa, and a masters in Russian Literature.

And yes, that is the first thing that most people say.  Because *everyone* wants to be an American, don't they?  Which is precisely why I have a considerable amount of contempt for most Americans.  The deluded belief that the world envies our big box retail joints and Kenfucky Fried Chicken.  Ugh.

HEY NOW....!!!!
You best not be dissing TACO BELL....!!!!
 emot_laughing
Love Ya Toe.....
Liz

Gina Marie
So fucking done with it all.
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 1291

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »

The deluded belief that the world envies our big box retail joints and Kenfucky Fried Chicken.  Ugh.

HAHAHAHAHA! Merruhkuh! Fuck yeah!

RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 621

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

<laffs> I think the gal from Nepal was taken by my attitude.  I respect her greatly, and I treat everyone on my team as valuable members, making sure they know it.  It comes from the heart, not some empty "feel good phrase" from management: that makes ALL the difference!

She was the baby with 3 brothers and a sister, so I was a good 10 years older than her dad.  Somewhere between 'dad' and 'grampa' isn't a good place to be for a relationship, but it worked OK in a business environment where I was the mentor.

RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 621

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 02:26:23 AM »

Update: they've modified their response to more milder versions.  The submissive one has even looked me in the eyes (VERY briefly) a couple of times instead of staring at her feet.  The other one is just flat ignoring me instead of looking away.

I can't please everyone, but I seem to have another fan!  emot_kiss

Oh, and the 'submissive one' isn't entirely submissive, as I heard her chew someone out over the phone in Mandarin a couple of days ago.  I don't have a fukin' CLUE what she was saying, but tone of voice is unmistakable in any language. 

Mostly.  You can read a grocery list in French and it STILL sounds like "I want to lick your private parts..."   Grin

Katiebee
Shield Maiden POY 2018
Global Moderator
Burnt at the stake

Fame 922

Achieving world domination, one body at a time.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 04:42:26 AM »

Fermer le bouche!

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.
RopeFiend
The Cleaner
Super Freak
Burnt at the stake

Fame 621

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 02:15:19 AM »

My point exactly!  Katiebee told me to shut up, but it sounds more like "firm bottom".  Grin

Lavinia
Pervert

Fame 10

Dream-writer

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 11:35:05 AM »

One [Taiwanese lady] looks extremely submissive (the one that looks at the floor) and the other is more aggressive (the one that looks away).

I don't speak Mandarin, so I have NO clue what the motions mean to them.  It simply confuses me as I'm missing the cultural referents.

I'm new to the board, and this message was posted five years ago, but here's my take.

Looking at the floor or turning away are often displays of modesty in many cultures. Whether that modesty is real or assumed is another matter. Learning Mandarin would take so long that any interest the ladies might have had in you would become academic.

Good advice in cross-cultural situations is "Don't project your own values." Watchful waiting is the way to go. See if the pattern of behavior changes as the ladies get to know you. Asking someone for an interpretation can be problematic, especially in cultures where 'face' is important.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: