KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Woodfords Reserve Bourbon, Double Oaked

phtlc · 581

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
on: November 12, 2015, 01:22:34 AM
Anyone tried it? Is it so much better than the regular Woodfords Reserve Bourbon as to justify the extra $25?

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +379/-9
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 04:51:26 AM
I don't drink, but from another point of view, there is the collector's point (Just to have it). The extra money spent would be worth it. Chivas Regal has almost the same thing with a 125 year old scotch, is it worth the extra money? plus I could list several other drinks that have a "collectors worth". Wine collecting brings with it a tremendous cost. So yes, if you want it badly enough, then it's worth it.

Love,
Liz 

Offline Piper-Dreams

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +25/-0
  • Meow
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:14:31 PM
Anyone tried it? Is it so much better than the regular Woodfords Reserve Bourbon as to justify the extra $25?

Probably not, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be bought  ;D

Dav3e

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 08:04:02 PM
Decent stuff. Though I'm not a Bourbon guy. Cognacs my thing. Leaving that I'd say as an indulgence it's a nice choice.

Offline MintJulie

• ~. Version Number 9.15.0 ~
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1749/-22
  • Madame Sheriff
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:30 PM

How have I never viewed this thread? ?

Yes, it is very good.    I do not have any right now.   I like to try new bourbon.    For the past two years, whiskey and scotch are my drink of choice.

I have a bottle of Angel's Envy that I am enjoying.   It's very good.  KY bourbon, finished in a port wine barrel.      The man at the liquor store suggested it.    He was actually sold out and had set it aside for me the next time I came in.

I have about two drinks left of Eagle Rare, which is very good also.

You might not know this, but I have a thing for Tom Brady (and Bill Clinton)
Version 9.15
POY 2016

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 07:02:01 PM

How have I never viewed this thread? ?

Yes, it is very good.    I do not have any right now.   I like to try new bourbon.    For the past two years, whiskey and scotch are my drink of choice.

I have a bottle of Angel's Envy that I am enjoying.   It's very good.  KY bourbon, finished in a port wine barrel.      The man at the liquor store suggested it.    He was actually sold out and had set it aside for me the next time I came in.

I have about two drinks left of Eagle Rare, which is very good also.

I have bought it and I love it. Amazing!

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 05:22:08 PM
I have never tried Bourbon and probably won't. I'm not much of a liquor consumer. I got a bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich as a wedding present 20 years ago. It is still unopened. In my much younger days, my go to hard liquor was Canadian Club. My mix of choice was ginger ale. A couple of Newfoundlanders tried to turn me into a rum drinker but that experiment failed. Maybe it was because they served me a coffee mug of Bacardi's 151 with no mix.

I prefer either a dark craft beer or a nice dry (0-1 on the sweetness scale) red wine.

That is all.

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 05:28:28 PM
I have never tried Bourbon and probably won't. I'm not much of a liquor consumer. I got a bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich as a wedding present 20 years ago. It is still unopened. In my much younger days, my go to hard liquor was Canadian Club. My mix of choice was ginger ale. A couple of Newfoundlanders tried to turn me into a rum drinker but that experiment failed. Maybe it was because they served me a coffee mug of Bacardi's 151 with no mix.

I prefer either a dark craft beer or a nice dry (0-1 on the sweetness scale) red wine.

I generally don't like mixed drinks (margaritas being the exception). Something about the mixed taste of liquor and soft drink just doesn't sit right. Beer and wine (red only) are my primary go to drinks, but I do like good scotch, bourbon or irish whiskey neat if I'm in a sipping mood.

Offline JBRG

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +231/-2
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
I haven't had a mixed drink in a long time. Unless, you count putting brandy and/or kaluha in your coffee as being a mixed drink.

That is all.

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 05:53:21 PM
I haven't had a mixed drink in a long time. Unless, you count putting brandy and/or kaluha in your coffee as being a mixed drink.

I only drink my coffee black with no sugar. The exception is on the rare occasion where I get a flavoured coffee like an irish cream, I find that milk and sugar bring out the added flavours more, but if it is a coffee flavoured coffee (Leary, 1997) which is what I drink 99.9999% of the time then I drink it black